OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i think braves win game 2, either because sale pitches in a do or die after mets take the first, or just because if it's a mets must-win, they have latent crumply tendencies

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Certainly possible, though if a team has a preference for the Brewers or the Padres in round one, they'd still have something to play for.

The Braves can only play the Padres since a sweep gives them a better record than the D-Backs, a split gives them same record as the Mets with the tiebreak, and getting swept leaves them out of the playoffs so if they win game 1 they truly have no incentive to win in game 2. I'm sure they want as quick of a game as possible, to rest as many starters as possible, and to squeeze 9 innings out of as many low leverage and position player (if within the rules) arms as possible. The Mets if they were to win game 1 could theoretically determine if they want to play Padres/Brewers but I don't see them doing anything different than Braves would. You're not going to use any high leverage arms in advance of 3 straight playoff games especially when a lot of them were prob used in game 1 of the DH (as well as Sunday and Saturday in Diaz and Maton.)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
How we feeling? I want to believe that this group is different and resilient, as we've declared them dead several times this year, but they're still the Mets.

The Mets being the Mets will always be the prevailing thought in my head no matter what the circumstances are.

The most Mets outcome possible would be grinding out a close loss in game one and then getting our doors blown off by the Braves’ “whocareslol” backup roster thus missing the playoffs with the knife twist coming from an act of god last week.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The Mets being the Mets will always be the prevailing thought in my head no matter what the circumstances are.

The most Mets outcome possible would be grinding out a close loss in game one and then getting our doors blown off by the Braves’ “whocareslol” backup roster thus missing the playoffs with the knife twist coming from an act of god last week.
Easily, but it would only be that they blow the game in the 9th (using Diaz) and then he won't be available in G2 where someone else does the same thing.

It'd be the most Mets ending of a season ever recorded.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I see a lot of joking around about a gentlemen's agreement, but it is the Braves.

If it were us -and I'm sure a lot of Mets fans would agree- and we were playing one of those f***ing assholes from the AL East, I'd wanna sweep them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad