Proposal: Tor-Sea. Tor - Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Remember Tor needs the selling team to eat salary.. You aren't going to get that Salary retention with only a 2nd round pick. If tor doesn't want to give up a first then give us a first round prospect instead.

That’s why I don’t think Toronto will do anything this deadline. They need Mrazek going out and all this other crap to make things work. The only team that took a cap dump this deadline was Anaheim in John Moore and it’s because we have the most cap available in the entire league this summer

Reactions: TML1990

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
You do realize that Francis realizes the first season did not go to plan. He is trying to fix things by moving assets out. That was never the plan. If he chooses to sell low on Gio or not take the best option because of emotional reasons for a player who has been here for less than a season, it will be his head on the line next. When a team like Calgary can expose their captain and a player who played there all his life in the expansion draft, why should Francis bend over backwards?
He took Gio to put fans in the arena 1st year

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Again you have a GM that played hockey was respected and will respect players wishes , if they earned it . Giordano will be in the NHL hall of fame

and seattle would be dumb accept the a low offer bid just for the sake of doing so just for a players feelings. Its business... If leafs have the best offer then Seattle will take it if some other team that has the best offer that happens to be a first round pick then we'll take it..

Did you think gio wanted to leave the flames... No.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
That’s why I don’t think Toronto will do anything this deadline. They need Mrazek going out and all this other crap to make things work. The only team that took a cap dump this deadline was Anaheim in John Moore and it’s because we have the most cap available in the entire league this summer
Toronto needs to sink or swim on their own, the team has had enough deadline adds in the past. If they go out in the first round again the entire management staff needs to be fired and then the new gm can remake the team around the top line Rielly and their young players.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Also. Food for thought

Francis was traded to his childhood team to finish off in a leafs jersey.

If gio really only wanted to go to Toronto. Is he really not going to pass it forward?

That would be a brutal move.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He took Gio to put fans in the arena 1st year
LOL. Comeon, you know nothing about our team. Gio is the 'C' but I would not even call him a fan favorite. I can easily say Gourde, Tanev and McCann are way more popular here.

Francis picked Gio because it was an easy way to get a vet who has played the game right from the start and could show others how to lead by example.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Also. Food for thought

Francis was traded to his childhood team to finish off in a leafs jersey.

If gio really only wanted to go to Toronto. Is he really not going to pass it forward?

That would be a brutal move.
If Gio really wants to go to the Leafs he can do that next season. For free or cheap.

You know what would be a brutal move for Francis. Sell low and not help the team get better quicker and feel his hot seat get hotter.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Francis taking less as a favour to a player is a pipe dream. I agree 100 % with this.

Francis has a job to do and that job is to build this team and make improvements. He should be fired if all he does is take low balled offers just to make players happy.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
LOL. Comeon, you know nothing about our team. Gio is the 'C' but I would not even call him a fan favorite. I can easily say Gourde, Tanev and McCann are way more popular here.

Francis picked Gio because it was an easy way to get a vet who has played the game right from the start and could show others how to lead by example.
Not in August, you don’t even know your team . Everyone knew Gio , not the other guys .

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Thanks for this post.

I genuinely do NOT believe we get what Chiarot got. The GM's seem to have a .. err ... unhealthy interest in physicality and Chiarot received it on the basis of that. My hope is that Gio gets something like 1st + B-prospect but I would not be shocked if he ends up getting 2 x 2nd + B-prospect.

Its very strange to see people telling us that we are going to get a 3rd ... and thats it. Even at 50% retention.
Welcome to HF. No one wants to give up anything significant, but want a player that will make a difference for odds and ends.

I feel Gio is the better player, and if we're talking deadline value, the more valuable asset as well. We can agree to disagree, but Gio's worth more than Jarnkrok, at least.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Francis has a job to do and that job is to build this team and make improvements. He should be fired if all he does is take low balled offers just to make players happy.
Thats exactly what I said in my post, read slower next time.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Welcome to HF. No one wants to give up anything significant, but want a player that will make a difference for odds and ends.

I feel Gio is the better player, and if we're talking deadline value, the more valuable asset as well. We can agree to disagree, but Gio's worth more than Jarnkrok, at least.
Oh I agree on that. Gio is definitely more valuable than Jarnkrok in my opinion. But I did make a comment on our own threads says that I would not know whether to laugh or cry if Gio returns less than Jarnkrok. GM's are strange. Fans are even stranger. LOL.

Reactions: Cogburn

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
If Gio really wants to go to the Leafs he can do that next season. For free or cheap.

You know what would be a brutal move for Francis. Sell low and not help the team get better quicker and feel his hot seat get hotter.
You are not Francis , never will be and never will have the class he has. Gio didn’t tell Francis where he wants to go that’s more class . Francis knows already . Gio has more class then all you &@$” on here , Gio never asked and would never ask where he wants to go , he is not Giroux that forced Philly , so relax everyone Francis will do the best he can get from Toronto

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Toronto needs to sink or swim on their own, the team has had enough deadline adds in the past. If they go out in the first round again the entire management staff needs to be fired and then the new gm can remake the team around the top line Rielly and their young players.

Teams aren’t going to take back bad contracts in a deal for Gio or Middleton. St Louis is very much interested in a Defenseman also. And they could pry either or with a non complicated deal unlike Toronto having to send salary back. And Dreger has said Toronto won’t move its first. That leaves Toronto with nothing this deadline

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You are not Francis , never will be and never will have the class he has. Gio didn’t tell Francis where he wants to go that’s more class . Francis knows already . Gio has more class then all you &@$” on here , Gio never asked and would never ask where he wants to go , he is not Giroux that forced Philly , so relax everyone Francis will do the best he can get from Toronto

Are you claiming inside info?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Teams aren’t going to take back bad contracts in a deal for Gio or Middleton. St Louis is very much interested in a Defenseman also. And they could pry either or with a non complicated deal unlike Toronto having to send salary back. And Dreger has said Toronto won’t move its first. That leaves Toronto with nothing this deadline
Hence what I just said in my post. Its almost like people just aren't reading and just responding to whatever crosses their mind.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

And you aren't francis either. What make you think we would be trading gio to leafs then? you said gio would never ask and yet insisted We have to trade him to the leafs and no one else even if we take low ball offer.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good to know. I am not Francis but apparently you are both Dubas and Francis at the same time. No wonder you can get Gio for so cheap. But isn't that kind of a conflict of interest. Maybe you are Gio's agent too and can have him re-sign for vet minimum on the Leafs when he retires. :D

Get off your high horse and stop pretending that you know everything.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Oh I agree on that. Gio is definitely more valuable than Jarnkrok in my opinion. But I did make a comment on our own threads says that I would not know whether to laugh or cry if Gio returns less than Jarnkrok. GM's are strange. Fans are even stranger. LOL.
Hey no doubt there. But there are still rules and some twisted logic to why some players are worth a kings ransom, and a player with nearly identical stats is worth futures.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Then I guess Toronto is getting a whole new front office then. Was that your premise?
Yes it was. Our 1st round opponent will more then likely be tampa, Toronto needs a really good top 4 d a solid goaltender like varlamov and a 2nd line Lw who can work well with Tavares and Nylander just to have a shot at beating Tampa. Its not gonna happen.

Reactions: DucksUnited

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Exactly. And if they get bounced earily cause they did nothing then their GM should be fired. Nothing worse than back to back first round bounce. This is the toronto market we are talking about their Media would love to have such a headline that the leafs bounced out earily in back to back years and make fun of the team.

Reactions: DucksUnited

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad