Proposal: Tor-Sea. Tor - Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Oh and you personally know Ron Francis to make that claim eh? And do you have the same for Dubas to know that he offered a 2nd for him? Get this false crap out of here.
Think about it , if a team already offered a 1st and he didn’t take it , what’s he waiting for ?

Reactions: TML1990

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Stats and the eye test still show him as a legit top-4 D. That's not washed up.

People look at his age and just start calling him washed up. He is not a Norris D-man anymore and nobody is claiming that to be the case. You don't want Gio, thats fine but not point in just making things up to lowball his value.
Not making anything up, if hes top 4 hes barely a top 4. We have a few barely top 4 d as it is, keep him.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Think about it , if a team already offered a 1st and he didn’t take it , what’s he waiting for ?
People would have said the exact same thing for Chiarot before his trade was complete. Not comparing the two but just saying that how GM's percieve players values can be way off from how fans do.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
and so far every of the big Dman went for a first. Sure go ahead watch leafs do nothing and get bounced earily. If leafs are seriously wanting to make it out of the first round and have a deep run then they are going to have to PAY for it whether that is a goalie or a dman etc.
2nd that’s it . Giordano has earned his time in the NHL to choose where he wants to go . Done . It will be confirmed on Monday, that’s all Seattle could get . Nobody offered a 1st .

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Close but not quite accurate. His list confirms 12 teams he cannot be traded to. He can be traded to 19 teams.

Oh. I read it backwards. Well that definitely changes things. So probably

Canada outside of torojto and Calgary. Buffalo. Arizona

I would assume he could be traded to most playoff teams then

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
People would have said the exact same thing for Chiarot before his trade was complete. Not comparing the two but just saying that how GM's percieve players values can be way off from how fans do.
Yes , they offered a 1st Montreal jumped all over it , they didn’t ask questions or waited around . See no 1st offered for giordano

Reactions: TML1990

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Remember Tor needs the selling team to eat salary.. You aren't going to get that Salary retention with only a 2nd round pick. If tor doesn't want to give up a first then give us a first round prospect instead.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yes , they offered a 1st Montreal jumped all over it , they didn’t ask questions or waited around . See no 1st offered for giordano

You have no idea what has been talked about between Seattle and any other team...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Oh. I read it backwards. Well that definitely changes things. So probably

Canada outside of torojto and Calgary. Buffalo. Arizona

I would assume he could be traded to most playoff teams then
Correct. At the end of the day I expect there is a good chance he gets moved to Toronto. But that will happen only if the Leafs offer is the best OR very close to the best offer(s). Francis will do right by Gio in that way. If the offers are close he gets moved to his preferred destination which is rumored to be Toronto even if their offer is NOT the best. But if there is a massive difference in what we are getting, Francis should pick the best return for Seattle.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Remember Tor needs the selling team to eat salary.. You aren't going to get that Salary retention with only a 2nd round pick. If tor doesn't want to give up a first then give us a first round prospect instead.
No your player has the large salary and is not very good. This is why his return will be poor or you just keep him. At his salary and ability I wouldnt pay more then a 3rd.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
You have no idea what has been talked about between Seattle and any other team...
Talked about , really . Not a 1st for sure . 2nd and 3rd are being talked about . You really believe teams are offering more for him then Lindholm or Manson Or Chiarot, not going to happen. Giordano has chosen his team already . Done deal , just spending time with his family this weekend and leaving on Monday for the team he has chosen already .

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Correct. At the end of the day I expect there is a good chance he gets moved to Toronto. But that will happen only if the Leafs offer is the best OR very close to the best offer(s). Francis will do right by Gio in that way. If the offers are close he gets moved to his preferred destination which is rumored to be Toronto even if their offer is NOT the best. But if there is a massive difference in what we are getting, Francis should pick the best return for Seattle.

Agreed I mean I personally don’t see a team offering a 1st straight up but I don’t know.

I toyed with a mrazek/dreiger swap in there too (he was ronnys goalie forever).

My guess is like a 2 and 4 or something.

Or we try to get Appleton too? Who knows I guess we will see soon enough.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Let me guess 1st plus knies etc etc lol.
Nah. Not for Soucy. He is not getting a top prospect back. But more like Chiarot like return. 1st + 3rd/4th + something small. Soucy is signed for another season at a very respectable AAV. We literally have no reason to move Soucy because there is a good chance he returns something like that next TDL anyway.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
FYI. The expectation is that Gio will be traded at 50% retention. There could be a broker involved as well to help the target team get Gio at 25%

And the going price for rention for the most part is a first round pick or probably a equivalent prospect. BUt good lord leaf fans do not get it, if the leafs want to make a deep playoff run and want improvements to do that then its going to cost them. If they don't want to do that and they get bounced again that's on the GM and the leafs managements needs to consider getting a new GM.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Top 4 beside Brodie looks pretty good on the leafs , then muzzin on the 4rd pairing not bad
He won't upgrade the back end enough. Hes been a monster his whole career but he isn't a difference maker anymore. Leafs need to stop wasting assets on over the hill bandaids.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
If I had to bet on what this trade will look like - Dermott + 2nd for Gio - we'll see Monday if I'm right

Dermott will surprise Seattle fans - I think all he needs is a change of scenery to showcase top 4 potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad