Proposal: Tor-Sea. Tor - Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Miller+Schenn and Varley? or Miller+Gio+Varley
2022 1st+Knies+Lilj+Dermott for Miller@50%
2022 2nd+Hirvonen for Gio@25%, +2023 3rd to 2nd team to retain 25%
2023 2nd+Robertson for Varly@50%
if we don't move Mrazek he can be robidas islanded. I am told being a goalie is stressful and anxiety is a serious issue. Mrazek just doesn't know he has it yet.

you do realize we have the cap space to do half of gio's salary...

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
you do realize we have the cap space to do half of gio's salary...
but do we have enough to fit half of Gio, Half of miller and half of Varley If we move Dermott and Mrazek? or do we need 75% retention?

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Isn’t this the same offer the op made for lindholm?

I want to make a drinking game for his offers, but alcohol poisoning is a real thing.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Isn’t this the same offer the op made for lindholm?

I want to make a drinking game for his offers, but alcohol poisoning is a real thing.
Our gm is an idiot, I as a Leaf fan would have payed more then that crap Boston offer for Lindholm especially at 6.5 for 8 years. Glad dubas will be fired soon.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Our gm is an idiot, I as a Leaf fan would have payed more then that crap Boston offer for Lindholm especially at 6.5 for 8 years. Glad dubas will be fired soon.
yea he needs to go. The i dont want to do anything to improve the team cause its to pricey atitude by the gm is not going to get the team any closure to winning another cup. And that has nothing to do with gio but more of a general statement.

leafs need a new good or better goalie badly and refuse to pay the price for one.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
and so far every of the big Dman went for a first. Sure go ahead watch leafs do nothing and get bounced earily. If leafs are seriously wanting to make it out of the first round and have a deep run then they are going to have to PAY for it whether that is a goalie or a dman etc.
Lol.

So you get we arent the ones deciding here?

Getting mad at Leaf fans because your player doesn't have the value you are hoping for.

Word on the street is Dubas is waiting for Franvis to come down to a 2nd. We might add a bit to that but out first isn't on the horizon.

The part you really need to get over is that Gio isn't the only guy so implying we are doomed if we don't meet your inflated price is beyond comical.

Too much emotion not enough logic.

Be nice and we might throw in Dermott.

That's my prediction. 2nd and Dermott.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Lol. Our Gm is an idiot because he didn't get a guy we could never afford to keep but you are genius enough to make it work?

No confidence problems in your house but I don't think you understand our situation well enough to judge it.

Reactions: david999

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Lol. Our Gm is an idiot because he didn't get a guy we could never afford to keep but you are genius enough to make it work?

No confidence problems in your house but I don't think you understand our situation well enough to judge it.
I'm very much aware of our situation. We need the best goalie we can Land as well as a top 4 D and least important an upgrade at 2Lw. Getting Lindholm and Maybe a goalie Like Varlamov would have given this team a Really good chance at a cup run and not just for this year. Also just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make it wrong.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I'm very much aware of our situation. We need the best goalie we can Land as well as a top 4 D and least important an upgrade at 2Lw. Getting Lindholm and Maybe a goalie Like Varlamov would have given this team a Really good chance at a cup run and not just for this year. Also just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make it wrong.
There are no available players that give the Leafs a chance at a cup run….the East is going to be a bloodbath, and the Leafs will be a victim….not the winner.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
There are no available players that give the Leafs a chance at a cup run….the East is going to be a bloodbath, and the Leafs will be a victim….not the winner.
I'm aware of that as well, but Lindholm would have helped and we could have extended him. It wouldn't have been difficult but doable.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Let's talk again when you discover the salary cap.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Let's talk again when you discover the salary cap.
It would have been possible to resign Lindholm. Your pretty condescending for someone who has provided zero evidence that supports your opinions. Talk to me again when you have more then just your opinion.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It would have been possible to resign Lindholm. Your pretty condescending for someone who has provided zero evidence that supports your opinions. Talk to me again when you have more then just your opinion.
Go to Cap friend. Insert a 6.5 mil D man. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I apologize for my tone, it's inappropriate. I'm so hard on your idea because I wanted Lindholm to and crunched the numbers. Without trading Muzzin I couldn't make it work and that is too big an assumption to seem likely.

So while it wasn't impossible it would have been an extremely complex transaction to pull off.

Again I apologize for my tone.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

I apologize for my tone, it's inappropriate. I'm so hard on your idea because I wanted Lindholm to and crunched the numbers. Without trading Muzzin I couldn't make it work and that is too big an assumption to seem likely.

So while it wasn't impossible it would have been an extremely complex transaction to pull off.

It’s also easy to say “look how easy Boston made it happen”….well ya, but Boston also needs a 2C, and if Bergeron retires…will be on the hunt for a 1C…those don’t come cheap.

Reactions: BlueBaron

david999

Jan 21, 2011
You’re not wrong with your take on Lindholm. People here complain about cap management, yet they want the Leafs to sign a 28 year old D on the downside of his career to an 8 year contract. I believe Gio will be traded to Toronto because that’s the fit that makes most sense for the Leafs, and they will have the best offer that doesn’t include a 1st rounder.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You’re not wrong with your take on Lindholm. People here complain about cap management, yet they want the Leafs to sign a 28 year old D on the downside of his career to an 8 year contract. I believe Gio will be traded to Toronto because that’s the fit that makes most sense for the Leafs, and they will have the best offer that doesn’t include a 1st rounder.
It really does seem almost certain we are getting Gio. The only mystery to me is if Mrazek gets moved.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

I apologize as well. I had a rude tone towards you and instead of me getting upset, I should have shown stats to atleast show my point was viable. I wish you all the best and look forward to sharing ideas and opinions in the future.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He has a 19 team block list. It depends who is on it.

He can only be traded to 12 teams.

I would assume Calgary tampa and toronto aren’t on it. So there are like 9 teams he can go to.
Actually 19 teams he can be traded to.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Done deal

Attachments

• 90F84FF3-74A4-4FA8-AA40-1C33C0A629D0.jpeg
    90F84FF3-74A4-4FA8-AA40-1C33C0A629D0.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad