Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Bracco honestly makes me sick, and has for a while. He's just like players like Ho-Sang and Schremp. Not in being outspoken or anything, or their social personalities. But they're players who were told right from the draft exactly...EXACTLY what they needed to work on to take that next step, and they just ignored it all. A lot of players don't make it because they take those instructions and simply fail...they try to work on their skating, they try to get bigger...but it's just not enough. These players just actively ignore the advice they're given as if they know better.

Take one look at Bracco's face and body and tell me he spends time in the gym. This isn't a Kessel scenario where it might partly be genetics. Bracco is the definition of skinny fat and bad eating. No muscle on that body and a double chin moon face.

Every year he's been told to work on and improve the saaaame things, and every year he does the opposite.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
This reminds me of a time when little known Marty St. Louis was traded to Tampa Bay.

I think Marty was just left protected in the expansion draft after a management shakeup in Calgary but I applaud your optimism:)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Trading a non NHLer for a potential one is fine by me.

Doubt ive ever watched this guy play more than 1-2 games at most (like id imagine 99% of folks here) so cant comment obviously on the specifics of it

Reactions: SprDaVE

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Marner
Matthews
Marincin
Malgin

Next up:
Malkin
MacKinnon
Marchand
Makar
Marchessault
Mantha
Mangiapane
Marino
Marleau
Matheson
Manson
Martinez
Martin
Maata
Mayfield

Shame it's not MacDavid

Reactions: Buds17

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He's a NHL player though. I think he was brought in to replace Johnsson since Johnsson is gone for the next 6 months.
they might have taken a flyer on him with AJ out but if he was any help why wouldn't Florida just keep him ?

and it really doesn't matter if he gets in the lineup since Marchment isn't an NHLer anyway

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
I was hoping Marchement would be an NHL player, unfortunately his skating wasn’t up to par, and he seemed to have trouble doing simple things like laying a hit as a result. As for Malgin, don’t know much about him
Malgin can't lay a hit either... but it's because he doesn't want to. A fine addition to our growing stable of forwards who give up when challenged.

Reactions: egd27

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Bracco honestly makes me sick, and has for a while. He's just like players like Ho-Sang and Schremp. Not in being outspoken or anything, or their social personalities. But they're players who were told right from the draft exactly...EXACTLY what they needed to work on to take that next step, and they just ignored it all. A lot of players don't make it because they take those instructions and simply fail...they try to work on their skating, they try to get bigger...but it's just not enough. These players just actively ignore the advice they're given as if they know better.

Take one look at Bracco's face and body and tell me he spends time in the gym. This isn't a Kessel scenario where it might partly be genetics. Bracco is the definition of skinny fat and bad eating. No muscle on that body and a double chin moon face.

Every year he's been told to work on and improve the saaaame things, and every year he does the opposite.

I thought this was all common knowledge here among us fans. I guess not.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Seriously? He's 36 and we are going nowhere this year and he can garner a future asset because he actually looks like he cares out there.

At first I was totally against the signing. He is a older player and the whole ex sens thing.

But he has won me and a lot of other fans over. Hell id be happy if he returns for the min next year. He has overperformed for hia salary in almost every way possible.

Reactions: CelticDruid and kb

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
At first I was totally against the signing. He is a older player and the whole ex sens thing.

But he has won me and a lot of other fans over. Hell id be happy if he returns for the min next year. He has overperformed for hia salary in almost every way possible.

Yes I don't advocate trading him because he's underperformed. On the contrary. He's raised his value to the point where we could turn a free wallet into a future asset.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Surprised Marchment was able to get someone that good TBH. Malgin at least has NHL potential, or can be a quality player for the Marlies.

Of course people are going to obsess about the size, but I'd take Malgin over Marchment any day. Size can't help you when it is not good enough for the NHL.

Can at least replace Bracco.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
spezza won’t go anywhere. He already said.

he has been great for the team. And came here for cheap. You don’t do that to a player

Maybe the past 20 games he's had a change of heart. Many would. Keep him if he has his heart set on staying though. I'd even sign him to another 1 year deal with a slight raise if he would sign for 1M or less.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Yes I don't advocate trading him because he's underperformed. On the contrary. He's raised his value to the point where we could turn a free wallet into a future asset.

Yes but seeing as he is happy here and playing all out most every shift...id rather see his energy and dedication to the game and his craft bleed out into the room then getting a mid to late round pick.

Todd03

May 28, 2016
If the leafs make the playoffs it a totally different season. You are going to need lot's of gritty
tough and size to get out of the first round and going deep in the playoffs. Small player will not cut it.
And as for Marchment he would have been a good forth line player with size, toughness and grit.
But once again Dudass trades him for a weak ass player.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Yes but seeing as he is happy here and playing all out most every shift...id rather see his energy and dedication to the game and his craft bleed out into the room then getting a mid to late round pick.

Take 1 more shot at a cup and tell him you will welcome him back next year on another 1 year deal. Only if he's agreeable and wants that elusive last kick at a Cup.

Reactions: Eye Test

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Malgin can't lay a hit either... but it's because he doesn't want to. A fine addition to our growing stable of forwards who give up when challenged.
Sad but true,

I have been impressed with Matthews’ compete since the Keefe hiring though, only one of our stars who seems to get pissed off when we’re down, and a lot more physical.

Willy also shows flashes of this, and there’s Hyman who is always the hardest working guy out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad