Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I have a feeling we will do 2 3 trades today

It needs to be done before the deadline.

If you're going to fail, at least fire off all your rounds. He can tweak anything in the offseason, right now it's all hands on deck to find the team that squeezes into the playoffs.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I was hoping Marchement would be an NHL player, unfortunately his skating wasn’t up to par, and he seemed to have trouble doing simple things like laying a hit as a result. As for Malgin, don’t know much about him

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So Dubas gave up what amounts to an AHL forward who besides being 6"4 didn't have the speed to compete at the NHL level and had a history of injuries. He acquired a skilled player who is 5"9 and leaf nation is going nuts cause he is small.

If Dubas by acquiring a depth player that can keep Timoshov or Gauthier out of the lineup that is a good thing. If this is the only move Dubas makes then yeah not good. If he ends up moving a Kerfoot and still has depth with Malgin then its a win.

Let's see what other moves are made and how Malgin is deployed

not saying it’s a bad move, but why continue to get more of the same type of guys. He doesn’t need to acquire a 6’5 grinder. Just a guy who works hard and can forecheck.

hell get us Brendan Gallagher, someone along those lines who isn’t just about offense

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

The Athletic.

With his Maple Leafs future up in the air, Jeremy Bracco...

“I’d take that any day over someone who doesn’t get excited to wake up and come to the rink every day,” said Clune.
But Clune, who is Bracco’s roommate on the road, still believes Bracco is capable of more.
“He’s got a long ways to go as far as his work ethic goes,” said Clune. “And that’s something him and I talk about often. But he’s made marginal improvements over the years. I don’t think he was challenged at all in junior.”
“I think it’s been an eye-opener for him to see exactly what it takes to be a good player,” he added.

He is fanatical about Chipotle, confessing he’ll have it five, sometimes six days a week. His order is always the same: a chicken burrito stuffed with white rice, mild sauce, cheese and a touch of the green tabasco sauce.
His days off will be spent largely on his couch in his downtown apartment. Over the course of a week’s worth of interviews, Bracco professed to watching the Netflix show “You” nearly every day.

There's more. Those are the lowlites.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
With these kind of moves, it seems to me like Dubas is trying to swing to the fences for the next Martin St. Louis.

Petan, Malgin, etc. Highly skilled players that are missing a couple things to reach a couple extra levels.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Describe what the inside of the gym looks like. Eat a meal not from Chipotle's.

I’m fine with whatever standard the organization wants to set. I just think being consistent would be beneficial to the whole group. When you let some guys get away with murder, and hand out loitering tickets to others, it divides the group and creates both entitlement and resentment within.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
As Much as this is a nothing move.... why would 2 teams in direct competition trade?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Looks like Dubas was pissed he was forced into taking some size. He needed to make this pint sized deal.

What a dumb take

We traded someone who probably will never crack a good NHL lineup for someone who already has. A pretty simple and logical hockey trade.

But of course Potato Nation comes out of the woodwork squealing about Dubas in one of the 100 usual ways.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Dear God please be Barrie and Spezza for futures.

holy crap you can't seriously be advocating for a Spezza trade. Sounds like a great way to turn off every veteran FA for awhile.

Hey hometown kids, don't come here for a minimum salary and vastly overperform, we'll ship you out! We have too many leaders and feel-good stories on this team already, clearly.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wasn't particularly high on Marchment since he can't skate at an NHL level, great effort to get where he got though considering where he started from

I don't know who Malgin even is but here's hoping he does well

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
holy crap you can't seriously be advocating for a Spezza trade. Sounds like a great way to turn off every veteran FA for awhile.

Hey hometown kids, don't come here for a minimum salary and vastly overperform, we'll ship you out! We have too many leaders and feel-good stories on this team already, clearly.

Sign him again in the offseason.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Seriously? He's 36 and we are going nowhere this year and he can garner a future asset because he actually looks like he cares out there.
Well, he signed here for league minimum specifically because he didn't want to play anywhere else.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The Athletic.

With his Maple Leafs future up in the air, Jeremy Bracco...

“I’d take that any day over someone who doesn’t get excited to wake up and come to the rink every day,” said Clune.
But Clune, who is Bracco’s roommate on the road, still believes Bracco is capable of more.
“He’s got a long ways to go as far as his work ethic goes,” said Clune. “And that’s something him and I talk about often. But he’s made marginal improvements over the years. I don’t think he was challenged at all in junior.”
“I think it’s been an eye-opener for him to see exactly what it takes to be a good player,” he added.

He is fanatical about Chipotle, confessing he’ll have it five, sometimes six days a week. His order is always the same: a chicken burrito stuffed with white rice, mild sauce, cheese and a touch of the green tabasco sauce.
His days off will be spent largely on his couch in his downtown apartment. Over the course of a week’s worth of interviews, Bracco professed to watching the Netflix show “You” nearly every day.

There's more. Those are the lowlites.
Wow, long way to go with work ethic. That's crazy, his abysmal training camp where he showed zero defensive effort, that was really telling and I wrote him off as a result.

Reactions: kb

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Well, he signed here for league minimum specifically because he didn't want to play anywhere else.

Eh if he wants to stay and go down with the ship let him I guess. I'd give him the choice of joining a contender if he wants to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad