Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Some reason this rings kerfoot will be traded. Hope not but if he can replace kerfoot for cheaper I wouldn’t mind it to to much.

Out: barrie, kerfoot, marincin, bracco, tima
Pure rental and resign: spezza, Clifford

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Bracco's work ethic has always been questionable at best. I know people around the OHL weren't particularly impressed by him or Mascherin's work ethic when they were in Kitchener. It's a major reason despite crazy USNTDP counting stats he slipped into the late 2nd. I think I remember a quote around the time of the draft from a scout who was astonished someone at the USNTDP could be out of shape.

There are a bunch of guys who fail to make it because they tend to work on what they are already strong at, and don't like to put in work to fix their weaknesses. Some guys are so good, they can get away with it (although, that is disappearing at the NHL becomes a year-round job training-wise).

Yeah, I remember his Marlies' teammate Rich Clune being quoted as basically saying his work ethic is the weakest part of his game. Seems like a guy with all the skill, but limited desire and ambition to better himself. The fact that Clune, a pretty respected vet on those Marlies' teams, and a good friend of Bracco's by all accounts, said it, makes it pretty obvious to me it is a big issue for him.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
oh for sure, if any player turns into a hyman clone its a homerun. Even if Nick Robertson suddenly stopped scoring so well and became a hyman clone it'd be a homerun.

If hindsight were available Hyman would have to go 1st round in his draft wouldnt he? this coming from a poster who didnt rate him in his 1st season, and yes the crow was delicious

To be Fairrrrrrr

Noone could have forseen how vital a player Hyman would end up being.
I ate crow on him after his first year to be sure.

Sad that the potatos cannot see this trade for what it is at its bottom line.

We got better and younger at the expense of a player who never would factor into the big picture other then by what we do with the asset we got for him.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Our center depth sucks, since Kerfoot is used at wing.

But we traded a centre, who scored thirty gals for us twice! For apparently a guy better suited to be a 3rd line centre that is on the wing because he can't play centre and a expiring contract d-man that can't play D! Great move by our boy wonder GM.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Ha okay.

No narrative behind that post whatsoever.

We get it people will never like Dubas, but how could you possibly whine about this trade.

Just shows how much people dont judge based on actual information, just bias.
I loved Dubas as an assistant. Love seeing people my age get gigs like that.

But my gosh, this guy shouldn't be allowed to run his experiments on the biggest club on hockey. This is Ottawa, Florida and Arizona level shit

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Grit wasn't the problem and really never was. Funny enough the lack of skill is the problem and this trade helps that. Marchment isn't very good so I like this deal.
Not sure how you can say grit isn't the problem. Grit doesn't refer exclusively, or even largely, to fighting. It's a matter of forechecking/finishing hits, grinding the boards, not wilting like week old valentine's day roses under the least bit of physicality or pressure, etc..

This team has none of that. One brief moment from Clifford and that's it. They all talk a big game after they get their ass handed to them, with their self-reflective nonsense, but do nothing to actually put those words into action.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Come on man, you can say the same thing about most players traded...

The idea of a "reclamation project" is hardly a new thing...

L
there's nothing to reclaim since he was never anything

it's a nothing for nothing trade imo but since you have hopes Malgin turns into a useful player do you also fear Dubas gave up on a potentially big useful player in Marchment too soon ?

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
they might have taken a flyer on him with AJ out but if he was any help why wouldn't Florida just keep him ?

and it really doesn't matter if he gets in the lineup since Marchment isn't an NHLer anyway

Not sure what Florida's plans are, but they've waived Hawyruk and traded Malgin all within the past week. Maybe they got some guys internally ready to promote I guess?

And yeah agreed, Marchment isn't likely going to be a NHLer. Korkshov on the other hand looks decent.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
PPG player in the AHL. Only 23. Played with Matthews in Zurich. I'll take it.
Maybe a Kerfoot replacement?
I honestly don't think he's going to be replacing any current Maple Leafs' forwards, at least not this season.

With the Johnsson injury, this probably makes Dubas more at ease with once again trading the likes of Kerfoot or Kapanen to add a defenseman, but at the present moment, with him & Mikheyev out, the Leafs just needed another solid bottom six guy, because lately we've been getting nothing from people not named Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, & Hyman.

So I would guess this is more of a reaction to the news that Johnsson is out 6 months, and the fact that Gauthier was playing 3C last night.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Kinda guessing they're not available, but like others think our pressing long term need is for a Defensive D who's sound in our own end. Unlike Barrie for eg. who we can't afford anyway.

your post said 5'9" 170 Huges especially falls into that. You didnt say anything about skill levels or the like just that you had an issue with 5'9" 170

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Malgin, the perfect player to plug up Andersen's 5 hole. Well done Dubas!

Reactions: egd27

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
I loved Dubas as an assistant. Love seeing people my age get gigs like that.

But my gosh, this guy shouldn't be allowed to run his experiments on the biggest club on hockey. This is Ottawa, Florida and Arizona level shit

What does that have to do with this trade ?

Keep moving those goal posts.

He hasn't been perfect, but far from bad.

Are the players never responsible?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
But we traded a centre, who scored thirty gals for us twice! For apparently a guy better suited to be a 3rd line centre that is on the wing because he can't play centre and a expiring contract d-man that can't play D! Great move by our boy wonder GM.
LOL. This reeks of fail. Kadri did it while being a second line C. He was never going to get that chance again, and the boy wonder did great getting value for a player who wanted to take the playoffs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad