Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
We have 10 players that are at the same level as Malgin. Many of them cant crack our lineup
Like Marchment couldn't. This kid just turned 23, and Marchment is a few months off his 25th birthday. So much ado about a nothing trade where the Leafs actually get an NHL player in return for a player who won't be one.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What does that have to do with this trade ?

Keep moving those goal posts.

He hasn't been perfect, but far from bad.

Are the players never responsible?
They weren't with Babcock despite people asking if the players are ever responsible. Met with a whole load of No. Can't imagine much has changed in those people's opinions.

This trade, after the last few months, is just what Kyle is all about. Leafs need serious help. More help in their identity than any level of a skill upgrade.

It's meaningless. It's pointless. It's nothing. It's worrying.

But then the Dubas fan club pipe up with "Dubas can't do anything right in your guys' eyes". Well, you're correct the damage has been done.

We'll be able to move forward once he's removed from his current position.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Power moves only

I'm fine with it. Marchment isn't an NHL player. Malgin was a dominant AHL player at 20 and might still have something to show.

Reactions: Ciao

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Fine deal to me. Liked Malgin a few years back, kind of forgot about him.

The timeline looks like:
Acquire Clifford (pedigree, experience, grit)
Lose Moore (team experience, low-end grit)
Lose Marchment (AHLer)
Acquire Malgin (Has NHL experience, fits team's direction)

member 300185

This is just a weird trade. There is no win or lose here, its just weird. 4th line guy that is tiny for a guy that wouldn't crack the leafs lineup anyway. I wonder how long Dumbass worked on this thing for? No sandpaper.

Let me give this to you straight. Nylander is tougher than this guy.....NYLANDER! It said on his profile that he stood his ground once. Hahahaha, I saw this kid play and he is a child. Why the hell am I typing in italics. Damn it all to hell!! Where the hell is the italics button on my keyboard?

Reactions: Al14

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Marchy didn't look like he was going to be a full time NHLer. Which is unfortunate cuz I wanted him to be, badly. We acquire another smallish player but when you look around, our team really isn't that small anymore. Malgin is quick and can play C. He's 2 calendar years younger than Marchy and is already ahead of him in his NHL players curve. Good deal tbh. I'm sure we see him at 4C or 4RW. Added C depth/versatility too if we perhaps move Kerfoot in a trade for a D man. Good move imo

Reactions: Sergei Berezin

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
We have a 1 dimensional team...lots of skill without any grit and hitting...so what do we do? We double down on the very thing we have too much of. Skill needs to work hard (Crosby) to get the most out of it. I wonder if the issue is that skilled players never really had to work really hard (there are of course exceptions to that) and when you get a whole bunch of them together...we just look like we fold too easily and expect someone else to get the puck in the corners. We have to be the absolute worst team at puck retrieval in the league.

I don't know what it is..but doubling down is not going to get us out of this mess.

Reactions: ForzaZuffa

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
They weren't with Babcock despite people asking if the players are ever responsible. Met with a whole load of No. Can't imagine much has changed in those people's opinions.

This trade, after the last few months, is just what Kyle is all about. Leafs need serious help. More help in their identity than any level of a skill upgrade.

It's meaningless. It's pointless. It's nothing. It's worrying.

But then the Dubas fan club pipe up with "Dubas can't do anything right in your guys' eyes". Well, you're correct the damage has been done.

We'll be able to move forward once he's removed from his current position.

This is just an awful take.

This thread is to discuss this trade and you can't even discuss it without your Dubas hate bias.

Guy could be the GM if the Leafs win a cup and you would still complain.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
>trades for Kyle Clifford
>signs Jake Muzzin
>trades for Denis Malgin

dUbaS iS aDDicTeD tO smUrfS
Our average height and weight is above a lot of teams in the NHL. 6'2" and 204lbs. We're really not as small as people pretend. The pens are smaller just for example. And so are the Hurricanes. And the Lightning. Those are just out next 3 opponents. Size isn't our issue, I agree lol

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
>trades for Kyle Clifford
>signs Jake Muzzin
>trades for Denis Malgin

dUbaS iS aDDicTeD tO smUrfS

It's a stupid narrative but I no longer trust our management either. They wanted Brodie and he would have been terrible here, and then got Barrie who sucks here. Haven't fixed any of the issues with our team in 5 years. Still suck defensively, still just give up and can't play 60 minutes.

Not even saying mindlessly trade for grit but I don't know I trust his player evaluation. Kadri made sense to trade but not like he was. He has a type and thinks you can build an entire team the same way.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
This is just a weird trade. There is no win or lose here, its just weird. 4th line guy that is tiny for a guy that wouldn't crack the leafs lineup anyway. I wonder how long Dumbass worked on this thing for? No sandpaper.

Let me give this to you straight. Nylander is tougher than this guy.....NYLANDER! It said on his profile that he stood his ground once. Hahahaha, I saw this kid play and he is a child. Why the hell am I typing in italics. Damn it all to hell!! Where the hell is the italics button on my keyboard?
Haha that last paragraph was a typical “old man yelling at a cloud” kind of moment to me. Thanks for the laughs. I agree with you, also.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

<CTRL>+ i

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Our average height and weight is above a lot of teams in the NHL. 6'2" and 204lbs. We're really not as small as people pretend. The pens are smaller just for example. And so are the Hurricanes. And the Lightning. Those are just out next 3 opponents. Size isn't our issue, I agree lol

We're not small, we just play small.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Why not? It's a nothing for almost nothing trade.

Any way you look at it, the almost nothing the Leafs picked up is at least as good as the nothing they gave away.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Leaf Fans: "Marchment sucks! He's so slow! He'll never be a great NHL'er!"

Also Leaf Fans: "Why'd they trade Marchment for a midget? We need to get bigger, not smaller!"

:facepalm:

Reactions: 18leafsfan18 and kb

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
We have a 1 dimensional team...lots of skill without any grit and hitting...so what do we do? We double down on the very thing we have too much of. Skill needs to work hard (Crosby) to get the most out of it. I wonder if the issue is that skilled players never really had to work really hard (there are of course exceptions to that) and when you get a whole bunch of them together...we just look like we fold too easily and expect someone else to get the puck in the corners. We have to be the absolute worst team at puck retrieval in the league.

I don't know what it is..but doubling down is not going to get us out of this mess.
We should have traded for somebody like Kyle Clif....... oh wait

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It's a stupid narrative but I no longer trust our management either. They wanted Brodie and he would have been terrible here, and then got Barrie who sucks here. Haven't fixed any of the issues with our team in 5 years. Still suck defensively, still just give up and can't play 60 minutes.

Not even saying mindlessly trade for grit but I don't know I trust his player evaluation. Kadri made sense to trade but not like he was. He has a type and thinks you can build an entire team the same way.

I haven't made up my mind yet. The team seems to have the same issues despite different systems, different personnel, different management. I can't riddle it out.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad