Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Maybe the Leafs are going to accommodate a Timashov move? He was on the trade block earlier, Malgin is a similar player , and Timashov may be of some interest to teams as a part of a larger deal. Or Malgin could be replacing Moore.

Maybe they'll package Timashov with Barrie ;)
Not a bad comparison.

Timashov and Malgin seem like very similar players, and both are a step up over Marchment.

Jun 27, 2005
Apparently, Panthers were accommodating a trade request.

I can't hold that against anyone, I requested one 45 years ago and was much happier and productive after my move.

Are you Wilf Paiement? :)

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
no but most of his acquisitions including our recent drafts are

but hey if you ignore all the smurfs the Dube acquires/drafts he really only wants big unskilled players
But muzzin and clifford arent unskilled either?
Spezzas a smurf?
If im not mistaken didn't Dubas as the GM of the marlies sign marchment on an AHL deal to begin with?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Spezzas a smurf?
If im not mistaken didn't Dubas as the GM of the marlies sign marchment on an AHL deal to begin with?
like i said , if you ignore all the smurfs he trades/drafts then he only signs big players

The Marchment signing was a favor from Shanny to his dad .

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Looks like a crafty player to me. Tends to find a way to be open for a one timer pretty good so I actually like the trade. His wrist shot also seems to be well above average.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No real strong feelings on this. Don’t think we lost much in this trade and don’t think we gained anything significant. Just a minor trade overall.

we gained a player who has played more than half of his teams games this year in the NHL for a guy who struggled mightily in his 4 games, oh and the guy we got is a year younger. Yes a minor trade but we have the better player AINEC really not sure why Florida made this trade unless its purely becasue they told malgin they'd move him and perhaps think Marchment can really help their AHL team. This is not a steal or anything becasue at the end of the day its a 4th liner but he is the better player

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Great! Another skilled player with no bite and again Dubas trades away a player with a little edge in his game. This Dubas is wacked.

Yeah, **** Dubas for trading an AHL player who at best will be a mediocre 4th liner for an actual NHL player!

Stupid Dubas hates physical players. We'll just ignore the likes of Muzzin and Clifford

Last edited by a moderator:

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
But that doesn't change anything as to gaining a NHL player versus a non-NHL player, right? That's what happened. We've had almost zero scoring depth in these past couple weeks. I think they were hoping Aberg could get hot or provide some scoring a little bit but that didn't work out so I think they wanted to add speed and some skill.

We just acquired Clifford, inserted Engvall and Korshkov over the past couple weeks. We even tried out Marchment too. Pretty sure our problem isn't size or physicality too much.
Clifford isn't getting any minutes and his linemates aren't bangers like him either. If we had a fourth line of Clifford's they would feed off each other but we don't so I don't think it's accurate by any means to say we tried the rough and tough style but adding Clifford is a step in the right direction - if we re-sign him!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Spezzas a smurf?

These are the same people who were hating on Sandin and especially Robertson being selected by the Leafs.

Who cares if Robertson plays with an "edge" and is having a historic season? Should've taken some unskilled goon just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad