Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Bernier to Anaheim for conditional 2017 pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I preferred giving Bernier another year to finish. If he sucks then we pick up someone next offseason. If not and he returns to his end of season form or his first year here form then we're good.

I feel like this is just Lou shuffling chairs on the titanic and hoping it doesn't sink next year. I'm not sold on Bernier + 1st + 2nd for Andersen + conditional pick and a big extension...

Bernier has no value.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Okay look how long it is taking Oilers and let's face it the Oilers have better building block than leafs. You guy won't be competiing for at least 3 years and probably closer to 5 or 6 which would mean andersen would 33 and declining.

So what we should do is look at the worst case scenario and just give up striving for better? Sounds like a plan.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Okay look how long it is taking Oilers and let's face it the Oilers have better building block than leafs. You guy won't be competiing for at least 3 years and probably closer to 5 or 6 which would mean andersen would 33 and declining.

What the heck are you on about? How are the leafs and the oilers similar in any way? We aren't tanking

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I preferred giving Bernier another year to finish. If he sucks then we pick up someone next offseason. If not and he returns to his end of season form or his first year here form then we're good.

I feel like this is just Lou shuffling chairs on the titanic and hoping it doesn't sink next year. I'm not sold on Bernier + 1st + 2nd for Andersen + conditional pick and a big extension...

Even if he did have a decent season (in a limited role), he was done in Toronto. I wouldn't trust him enough to re-sign him, no matter how well he played.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Win Wn

He was terrible in Toronto
Babs hated him
Nice cap dump for leafs

Could thrive in Ana

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

does this post makes any sense?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
LEAFANFORLIFE23 must be the happiest person on the planet right now.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Bernier produces significantly better numbers when faced with a lot of shots, actually. If you want Bernier to play his best, you want him facing a lot of shots.

Actually, there is no statistically significant correlation between save percentage and shots faced. There's a thread in the stats-forum about that. There are individual cases that has a strong correlation though, and Bernier is one of them.

Except that elusive 1st shot of the game/period....he has a true knack for not being able to stop that one....

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness

Potential #1 = Auston Potential number 1 D = Rielly Potential number 1 goalie = Andersen.

Edmonton lacked the #1 D and #1 Goalie for years. It remains to be seen whether Rielly and Andersen perform as expected. Nonetheless, Rielly and Andersen have more potential than any Oilers D and G since 2007.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
What the heck are you on about? How are the leafs and the oilers similar in any way? We aren't tanking

Okay look at your roster and tell me your not tanking. Like your defence is the worst in the league. The maple leafs like the Oilers both stocked up on forwards so yah they have a lot in common.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

The Oilers have had tons of great building blocks for years but it doesn't matter, at some point potential needs to translate to on ice success.

1-2 years Leafs are competing for the playoffs. If we can get a top pairing defenseman then we can start talking about transitioning to competing for a cup - young guys need experience and Leafs still need a few pieces.

We're not 5-6 years away, because our management isn't as inept as Edmonton's management has been.

Compete for what?

Playoffs - go from there, can't compete for a cup until we upgrade our back end.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Well of course now he isn't.

He was for half a season over his Toronto tenure. Come on, this guy wasn't much maligned other than that, and by no fanbase more and more unfairly so than the Leafs own, out of some weird affection for an inferior goalie in Reimer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad