Value of: Top Dollar for Lafreniere

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If he was drafted anywhere outside the top 3, people would be happy with his progress. He's been a middle 6 winger who has consistently paced for close to 20 goals while starting in the NHL at 18. He also plays a hard nosed game and brings things away from scoring.

@Mandar is spot on.

This isn’t true. He doesn’t do anything away from the puck or provide any kind of value off the puck. He’s a bit chippy, but lots of his physicality is hits that take him out of the play or simply make no difference one way or the other. He isn’t good away from the puck. He also hasn’t been progressing as a goal scorer nor point scorer since his rookie season and he has zero plus traits that stand out. He’s simply there. Anyone being given 16 minutes a night for 82 games with decent linemates (mostly Chytil and KK, some times with Zib, Panarin, etc) is going to put up 30+ points. Laf isn’t on the verge of breaking out because he hasn’t shown anything. It isn’t a bunch of skill that’s coming close and is just a millisecond behind on timing and as soon as he adjusts he’s gonna blow up. It’s a guy who looks average in every skill, below average as a skater, and can’t think keep up with the pace of the game. He’s absolutely closer to busting entirely (like out of the league) than he is to being an impact player.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
IMAG0311.jpg

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Dach-level return would likely be the best offer ATM.

I personally think Laf is breaking out this year. I wanted Ottawa to offer-sheet him instead of signing Tarasenko. But now I believe his price will go up significantly by July 2024, and be too costly to acquire.
Dack level return.. maybe form some team. In this case ,Habs easily keep Dach,

Last edited:
Reactions: LokiDog

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Curious to see if Lafreniere’s early struggles can be blamed on the Rangers’ impotent 5v5 play, log jam at LW and coaching carousel and whether other franchises think he still has untapped value.

Wanting to see what’s the top value Laf could fetch. Or what you’d be willing to move if Laf came with a pick/another young player, etc. What’s the most he could bring back heading into D+4 right now.
My advice is don't ride the players very hard this year, it is gonna suck. Your new coach Peter Philip Laviolette has one playbook and the entire NHL has had copies of it for years. I had a lot of hope for the Rangers this year until they made Laviolette their coach. I would put his head on the chopping block before anyone on the ice. I would not be shocked if Laviolette gets ran out of New York by a mob.

Whatever Lafreniere's future holds, if it's good Laviolette is not going to nurture it.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
LaF has disappointed as a 1OA, but an honest assessment is his success has been restrained by inferior skating, which has improved from sub par to par. Between this and chemistry found with kid line of Chytil + Kakko, there is basis to believe my projection of him as another Steve Vickers level product.
He is a marketing coup for Canada based teams.

We should expect a premium return, but not a crazy overpay.
The other side must admit that we have no reason to deal him short of an offer too good to refuse, and do so in currency acceptable to NY.

At present, I believe the Oil, who want to max the McDrai years, would pay to add him as a foundation piece.

Rangers need to add some speed and youth. NY has not listened to bern, and done stupid win now rentals favoring vets over youth, and needs to compensate for this.

EDM can do
late 1st
Broberg
Holloway
McLeod
Lajoie

for

LaF
Jones
Leschyshn
Blidh
Belzille

Rs wi every aspect of this except for surrendering LaF, which is fine b'c it is a huge marketing coup to land LaF over Habs, Leafs, etc etc
and more importantly, LaF looks like he could trigger nicely w/McD/Drai.

Other pieces are a wince for Oil taking back less value in return, but they are expendable.

Until bread is dealt, Rs then get to do:
Ottman - Chytil - Kakko
Kreider - Zib - Holloway
Wheeler - Trocheck - Panarin
Cuylie - Goodrow - Pitlick

with other moves to follow
Somebody please contact Dr. Frankenstein as his monster is out terrorizing the village again.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Check out his backchecking last night. I know it’s preseason, but oof. I guess he missed the part where he’s not a star who can rest on his laurels.

Low effort, tunnel vision, slow skating, slow reaction time. Just bad all around

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Curious to see if Lafreniere’s early struggles can be blamed on the Rangers’ impotent 5v5 play, log jam at LW and coaching carousel and whether other franchises think he still has untapped value.

Wanting to see what’s the top value Laf could fetch. Or what you’d be willing to move if Laf came with a pick/another young player, etc. What’s the most he could bring back heading into D+4 right now.
Laf was big strong man in weak junior league his draft year. He was over rated. He had big advantage. He's was one late first round caliber player.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Laf was big strong man in weak junior league his draft year. He was over rated. He had big advantage. He's was one late first round caliber player.
Best case, he'll bounce back and learn he's in a better league like Joe Thornton did after a couple years. Although he's already behind in that regard.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
You must be addressing the man in the mirror.

It is not being a troll to repudiate herd mentality, win now bs, etc etc.
physician, heal thyself
You must be addressing the man in the mirror.

It is not being a troll to repudiate herd mentality, win now bs, etc etc.
physician, heal thyself

I don't follow.
Schneid is not at risk
we can deal Trouba next season [mnc->ntic]
enuf cap room, so why
This explains a lot…

Back to rolling my eyes over the ignorance

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He’s on a bridge deal which means even if he takes off, it just means handing him a big fat deal that he will ask for. Maybe you get one or two years of big contract value out of that but that’s only particularly useful if you’re trying to win the Cup and in a spot to do so.

And of course there’s the downside that he doesn’t take off even with a bigger role.

So that bridge deal limits his value even further.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Looks like he made his instagram private today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad