Value of: Top Dollar for Lafreniere

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You sure love to take victory laps on things you were wrong on. Your entire assertion was that Laf would succeed if the kid line was put back together. That hasnt happened.
I said
kid line unless/until skating is sufficient to consider chemistry w/other possibles.

2 things happened:
- Lav instituting signif physical regimen improved overall skating.
- bread changed his game. He is not playing that much harder, but a whole lot smarter.

So result is LaF could be deployed on that line b'c NOW suf. chemistry.

Consider yourself yet again repudiated

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I said
kid line unless/until skating is sufficient to consider chemistry w/other possibles.

2 things happened:
- Lav instituting signif physical regimen improved overall skating.
- bread changed his game. He is not playing that much harder, but a whole lot smarter.

So result is LaF could be deployed on that line b'c NOW suf. chemistry.

Consider yourself yet again repudiated
Predicting multiple outcomes doesnt make you right.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Predicting multiple outcomes doesnt make you right.
It does when they are specific and are conditional to multiple possible scenarios., and when I have accurately predicted or identified them.

I say LaF will succeed if skating is sufficient + chemistry.
I called that WAY in advance of it finally being a real thing.
I get credit for that, and would not be discredited if mgmt, like with Krav and Nieves, effed it up.

You on the other hand have a selective memory about what I actually say and then try to cherry pick to try and make me look bad.

Shame + humiliation = what you deserve

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It does when they are specific and are conditional to multiple possible scenarios., and when I have accurately predicted or identified them.

I say LaF will succeed if skating is sufficient + chemistry.
I called that WAY in advance of it finally being a real thing.
I get credit for that, and would not be discredited if mgmt, like with Krav and Nieves, effed it up.

You on the other hand have a selective memory about what I actually say and then try to cherry pick to try and make me look bad.

Shame + humiliation = what you deserve
So a player will succeed if they skate better? Way out on a limb with that wild prediction.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So a player will succeed if they skate better? Way out on a limb with that wild prediction.
Another example of being disingenuous.
Skating is only 1 piece of the equation.
Sure if any single player skates better, IF EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL, results will improve.

In Laf's case, his skating was atrociously subpar as opposed to most who have a lot less talent but are par skaters.

Be humbled to be exposed for your disgraceful exhibition.

And to quote Ringo Starr,
get yourself together now and give me something tasty
your hahas contribute NOTHING
and you should be callled out for that

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Around 12th pick in draft we could offer for Lafreniere? Habs should draft around 12th.

He be good fit with Caufield and Dach.

not gonna do it, there's not a realistic offer from a habs...or any team's...perspective that would entice the rangers to part with laf. beyond what people see on the ice, what most...and definitely almost all non ranger fans...is how big a part of the locker room he is. he's become a very important part of a good team and he's gotten better and better almost by the game this year, and he's a huge part of a very tight locker room on a team trying to win now - they aren't messing with that. nothing short of a package that would make fans think their front office is on crack would get the rangers to move him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
not gonna do it, there's not a realistic offer from a habs...or any team's...perspective that would entice the rangers to part with laf. beyond what people see on the ice, what most...and definitely almost all non ranger fans...is how big a part of the locker room he is. he's become a very important part of a good team and he's gotten better and better almost by the game this year, and he's a huge part of a very tight locker room on a team trying to win now - they aren't messing with that. nothing short of a package that would make fans think their front office is on crack would get the rangers to move him.
Like to acquire Lafreniere because I think St.Louis make him great player. But I can't pay no more because that pick is going to be a Ritchie or Lindstrom. A good player also. Who younger and cheaper.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He's wrong on 90%of his predictions but won't admit to it but instead comes back with more excuses.
Inaccurate and disingenuous
There is a dif between excuses and reasons, which have merit

If you want to attack what I said, fine.
But you WILL do it accurately and honestly, or I will call you out

• Haha
Reactions: Figgzfood

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
For all the hoopla around the start of his season, dude’s on pace for 50 points.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
For all the hoopla around the start of his season, dude’s on pace for 50 points.

he's on a team with 2 or 3 potential all-stars for the year. The goals and points are going be spread around. A team can't have six players on it pacing over 1 PPG. every game would have to 6+ goals, and that just doesn't happen.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Got most of them while shooting 40%. Was never going to be sustainable.
8 goals in 19 games and shooting percentage is down to 20% which is still above his career shooting percentage of 15.6% but he is still pacing for above 30 goals because he is shooting more.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
8 goals in 19 games and shooting percentage is down to 20% which is still above his career shooting percentage of 15.6% but he is still pacing for above 30 goals because he is shooting more.
So he'd have about 6 goals if he was shooting his career average. That's a 25 goal pace. A really nice improvement for a guy who has been given more opportunity, but still pretty meh vs many of his peers.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So he'd have about 6 goals if he was shooting his career average. That's a 25 goal pace. A really nice improvement for a guy who has been given more opportunity, but still pretty meh vs many of his peers.
His PP time is still pretty meh vs many of his peers.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Actually if you use his 15.6% career shooting percentage over 82 games and he continues to shoot a hair over 2 shots a game its a 27 goal pace.

This also assumes he is going to have minimal PP production as only 1 of his 8 goals is on the PP currently. 23 even strength goals is more than Drai, JT Miller, Zibanejad and Reinhart scored last year.

Ranger fans still take that and run as would most NHL Teams. Add in he makes a little over 2 mill and thats a steal.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Actually if you use his 15.6% career shooting percentage over 82 games and he continues to shoot a hair over 2 shots a game its a 27 goal pace.

This also assumes he is going to have minimal PP production as only 1 of his 8 goals is on the PP currently. 23 even strength goals is more than Drai, JT Miller, Zibanejad and Reinhart scored last year.

Ranger fans still take that and run as would most NHL Teams. Add in he makes a little over 2 mill and thats a steal.
Drai had more even strength assists last year than Lafreniere had total points. Talk about cherry picking.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His PP time is still pretty meh vs many of his peers.
Sure, and he's still 11th in 5v5 p/60 and t-8th in 5v5 points among players from the 2020 draft, and that's while being stapled to the best player of any of them.

For context, he has the same number of 5v5 point as Alexander Holtz while playing 4 more 5v5 mins a game alongside Panarin (while Holtz has been primarily in the Devils bottom 6).

So like I said, it's pretty meh.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Drai had more even strength assists last year than Lafreniere had total points. Talk about cherry picking.

5v5 goal production has been a strength for Lafreniere since he entered the league. It’s not cherry picking.

Rangers EVG goal leaders since Lafreniere joined the team:

Panarin - 60
Kreider - 58
Lafreniere - 51
Zibanejad - 46
Chytil - 35
Kakko - 33

Kid puts the puck in the net.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
5v5 goal production has been a strength for Lafreniere since he entered the league. It’s not cherry picking.

Rangers EVG goal leaders since Lafreniere joined the team:

Panarin - 60
Kreider - 58
Lafreniere - 51
Zibanejad - 46
Chytil - 35
Kakko - 33

Kid puts the puck in the net.
this^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad