Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Please stop misrepresenting things.
Idk man, I feel a Tavares move coming

edit he says “competing in the playoffs is more important than money” which very well could mean he wants to take less in SJ to help them compete… but he also says wait to see the season, those together can certainly hint he’s entertaining the possibility of leaving if they don’t look competitive again (and or if he’s one of the guys who wants Kane gone, which is lose lose honestly)

They’re all holding on to hope the team will become competitive sooner than later with a “reset” but that’s a HUGE if

the management really can’t say anything else because they committed huge money to guys who they expected to perform better, some guys are older etc; if some of their core guys don’t rebound and or some depth pops through that’s going to be hard, their old guys are only getting older

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Sharks players and team have consistently said that they believe they can turn things around, and aren't interested in a rebuild. Hertl isn't for sale.

However, maybe this is the do-or-die season. If things don't turn around, they might start selling off pieces. Hertl is too important to the team, and so if he doesn't look like he's re-signing then that is just too much. Might as well pull the rug out.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Hertl is every bit as good as Brayden Point or Aho. But he devastatingly has played for the Sharks his whole career.
I'm sorry, and Carolina has done, what exactly? In his 5 seasons Aho has missed the playoffs twice, made the conference finals, second round and first round. Guess what the sharks have done in those 5 seasons? 2 Missed playoffs, conference finals, first round and second round.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I'm sorry, and Carolina has done, what exactly? In his 5 seasons Aho has missed the playoffs twice, made the conference finals, second round and first round. Guess what the sharks have done in those 5 seasons? 2 Missed playoffs, conference finals, first round and second round.
You say that like it’s Aho’s fault; their teams have been at completely different stages the last 10+ years

Aho is younger, on a younger team w younger core that’s just been built up the last few years; Hertl joined a team that had an older core that had been pretty consistently competitive for years, Hertl was a good player for them but it’s not like he built them

the “devastatingly played for the sharks” bit I agree is dumb but it doesn’t seem like you’re entirely just nailing that, but dragging the Aho comparison as a player to player, or have I misunderstood (possibly)?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Idk man, I feel a Tavares move coming

edit he says “competing in the playoffs is more important than money” which very well could mean he wants to take less in SJ to help them compete… but he also says wait to see the season, those together can certainly hint he’s entertaining the possibility of leaving if they don’t look competitive again (and or if he’s one of the guys who wants Kane gone, which is lose lose honestly)

They’re all holding on to hope the team will become competitive sooner than later with a “reset” but that’s a HUGE if

the management really can’t say anything else because they committed huge money to guys who they expected to perform better, some guys are older etc; if some of their core guys don’t rebound and or some depth pops through that’s going to be hard, their old guys are only getting older

In either instance, it's not 'badly wanting out'.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
You say that like it’s Aho’s fault; their teams have been at completely different stages the last 10+ years

Aho is younger, on a younger team w younger core that’s just been built up the last few years; Hertl joined a team that had an older core that had been pretty consistently competitive for years, Hertl was a good player for them but it’s not like he built them

the “devastatingly played for the sharks” bit I agree is dumb but it doesn’t seem like you’re entirely just nailing that, but dragging the Aho comparison as a player to player, or have I misunderstood (possibly)?
The quote made no sense, as if he were Eichel - cursed to be on a miserable franchise. Hertl could not have been placed into a better position at the time and the success he has had there up until the last couple years has been pretty fortunate. The fact that a player of Hertl’s caliber wasn’t responsible for how good that team was is proof of just how good that team was!

Reactions: Chips

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Carolina has recently been given much more attention than the sharks have. East Coast bias and such.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What a terrible, terrible take. Point is in a class matched by very few players, and Hertl is not one of them.

Not really. Maybe if you're a bit uninformed and not looking deeper than surface level stats.

Imagine Hertl on the Best powerplay of the 21st century and surrounded by all stars lol.

also, Hertl has been producing at a very similar 5v5 rate to Point, despite a clear drop off in linemates.

Both are elite defensive Cs. There really is no difference between the two at all, especially when you look at the advanced stats. Point is though, a better shooter.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Hertl has concussion history. Not sure Bs are willing to go down that road again.

SEE:

RICK NASH
ONDRE KASE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad