Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I would want 1st+Chytil+Jones from the Rangers. High price for a rental but Hertl is worth it and would more than likely sign a fair extension (7x7 or so) if offered.
I do this for a signed Hertl (or at least we can speak with his agent and have an understanding around your numbers) and protect the 1st top 5.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I could see Colorado giving up picks for Hertl. Hertl would be the perfect 2nd line C behind MacKinnon and a considerable upgrade on Kadri.

Reactions: Foppberg

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Hertl is the replacement for Mika IMO

apologies if stated before but what is SJ looking for need wise?
Center. You don’t get a position of need without giving up a position of need. Simple as that. Now if you wanna go ahead and figure out a three team deal with someone who needs Geo then feel free.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I could see Colorado giving up picks for Hertl. Hertl would be the perfect 2nd line C behind MacKinnon and a considerable upgrade on Kadri.
Hertl is real focused sire... his head is in the game and he wants to be the best. He said this early on during his career already milord. That's why I have a respect for the guy.... lets see if its ce lavie for hertl and some sucka team takes him off the chart. San Jose's lineup looks real weak and they will be allowing a load of goals next season I can assure you. Now lets follow the off season and end of the summer and see if hertl continues with the sharks and e.karlsson, or if he moves on from there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hertl is the replacement for Mika IMO

apologies if stated before but what is SJ looking for need wise?

VERY short term maybe both but no ? very quickly Hertl, 27 getting a 4 yr deal, would replace Mika and Chytil replaces Strome
imo
but hey, #s don't lie, cap = math

They’re looking for high end center and rhd prospects I would suspect.
welcome to the club
Strome is quality but not high end
Jones is otherwise your prospect specified but is lh, tho he can play either side

NY would have to add to cover the dif

I would want 1st+Chytil+Jones from the Rangers. High price for a rental but Hertl is worth it and would more than likely sign a fair extension (7x7 or so) if offered.
Hertl is not worth that from NYR.

People are ignoring there is a timetable as to salaries and cap mgmt.
Hertl is value if not a bargain at this current #, but you are looking at 3-5 yrs of 8 min
1st, rfa Chytil, + elc Jones = downward pressure on salaries = roster flexibility while managing cap.

Something can be added but Strome has to replace Chytil/

I do this for a signed Hertl (or at least we can speak with his agent and have an understanding around your numbers) and protect the 1st top 5.
my vote is vs that deal for reasons explained above

Center. You don’t get a position of need without giving up a position of need. Simple as that. Now if you wanna go ahead and figure out a three team deal with someone who needs Geo then feel free.
Dealing coke for pepsi is not usually productive.

The idea is to add.
And this is increasingly difficult if it is a position with league wide scarcity.

Now of course, it must be profitable for your trade partner to also do a deal.

The lynchpin is if the seller truly does not have other needs or honestly can only accept another of the same position [in this case pivot].
Usually, logic says best return is most overall value regardless of position, tho obviously exceptions to that rule are easily imagined.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd love him in either Colorado or Long Island. Wouldn't be cheap though.

1st + Justin Barron?

Not sure what it would cost on the Islanders side. Hefty either way.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I'd love him in either Colorado or Long Island. Wouldn't be cheap though.

1st + Justin Barron?

Not sure what it would cost on the Islanders side. Hefty either way.
That's what I would do from Colorado. A late first and a right handed D. With an extension maybe things would change.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Hertl is only asking 7 million, I can't see the Sharks not signing him unless Hertl makes it known he's not staying. If Hertl is going to agree to 7 million on NYR, that changes everything on whats offered up.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Not what he was saying. I wouldn't accept that for Hertl now. An extended Hertl is costing you Newhook + +
^^^
Of teams that would be interested (Min, NYR, Col), we can’t afford to trade Hertl unless some guys with top line/top pairing potential are included. That’s more important than the late first.

Unless Rossi, Boldy, Lundqvist, or Newhook are included, there’s no incentive for us to trade.

I don’t understand why people think they can land a 27yo 1C for something that wouldn’t hurt to give up and meet SJs needs, which is high end prospects, not middle 6/bottom 4 potential guys as we already have plenty of those.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
welcome to the club
Strome is quality but not high end
Jones is otherwise your prospect specified but is lh, tho he can play either side

NY would have to add to cover the dif

There is no covering the difference here. You either offer up a prospect that would fill an organizational need or we'll look elsewhere for someone who will. Strome and Jones do neither. Jones is simply not high end no matter how you try and sell it.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I think the Avs offer young defenseman well before offering Newhook as they are very high on Newhooks potential.
Plus the Avs still have some defencemen left and the season's fast approaching. We've only jettisoned Zadorov, Cole, Graves, and Timmins in the last year. Don't want anybody in the way when Johnson gets injured. 5 forwards and a goalie I guess.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Ive noticed that packages including Rangers players are severely overrated recently

Im guessing its because a report came out that Drury wouldnt include Schneider in a deal for Eichel (which is ridiculous and, if true, should have been fired the day it came out)

if the Rangers were offered an extended Hertl for Chytil, Schneider, and a 1st theyd take it and run. Theyd be instant Contenders

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The idea is to add.
And this is increasingly difficult if it is a position with league wide scarcity.
The idea is to figure out your ideal timeline for peak competitiveness. If you’re in win now mode you trade future value for present value. The way it’s always been. The rangers fans here seem to have this mindset where they can get what they want without having to lose the pieces they don’t want to lose. That’s rarely how it works.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’d pay a good bit for Calgary to land Hertl.

I think Monahan (needing a change of scenery) to Montreal, Hertl to Calgary, and Drouin + assets from both Calgary and Montreal would allow the Sharks to get a great haul imo.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I’d pay a good bit for Calgary to land Hertl.

I think Monahan (needing a change of scenery) to Montreal, Hertl to Calgary, and Drouin + assets from both Calgary and San José would allow the Sharks to get a great haul imo.
I would be down for that. Obviously dependent on the assets coming to San Jose and the NTC of the players involved. If Kane gets terminated or whatever, and we trade Hertl signifying the tank, why not take Drouin as a reclamation project and potentially trade him next year on his final year.

Reactions: CraigsList

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad