Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Of the two of us which is the one putting forth a fantasy and which of us ii merely popping the balloon?
I don't understand your comment? I wasn't replying to you. Pretty sure I was in agreement with what you've said? Are you asking between you and I or you and Hab dude?

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
i fully understand dw. he can't rebuild today.

but wilson is in a difficult spot with hertl and meier. if he tries to resign them, their term needs to be limited or he moves from one anchor contract to the next in five or six seasons.

Meier is done as a shark. That last contract was already the boat anchor. No way the sharks QO him, no way he leaves money on the table as a young UFA. The Sharks already know he is both not coming back and untradeable as a re-signable asset. All they are doing is biding their time

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Meier is done as a shark. That last contract was already the boat anchor. No way the sharks QO him, no way he leaves money on the table as a young UFA. The Sharks already know he is both not coming back and untradeable as a re-signable asset. All they are doing is biding their time
Yeah ok. Sure. Is this Timo I'm talking to here?:skeptic: No? Then you're just pulling this out of your ass I assume? That's what I thought. :thumbd: They don't need to QO him, they need to sign him to a long term deal. Happens all the time. No agent is going to push for a 10mil per contract with the pandemic and his performance these last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yeah wrong person. :laugh:
1njxwa.gif

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Technically they finished 6th worst. Somehow managed 4 fewer regulation wins than the Kings. 1 point from a literal bottom 5 team. They would've been behind Det in RW with 1 fewer pt as well. 2 points from a bottom 4 team. Bottom 5 team is just shorthand for crap. Relax.

Which still technically makes them not a bottom five team. Using shorthand incorrectly is still incorrect no matter your willingness to accept that incorrect assertion.

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
Yeah ok. Sure. Is this Timo I'm talking to here?:skeptic: No? Then you're just pulling this out of your ass I assume? That's what I thought. :thumbd: They don't need to QO him, they need to sign him to a long term deal. Happens all the time. No agent is going to push for a 10mil per contract with the pandemic and his performance these last 2 seasons.

Why on earth would he sign a long term deal before testing UFA? If he does nothing as far as signing, he gets to have 31 other teams bid for him. as a 25 year old UFA power forward. I can't imagine anything the sharks offer as far as long term equates to that opportunity.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Of the two of us which is the one putting forth a fantasy and which of us ii merely popping the balloon?

Ohh noooo...you got me.:laugh:

Just like Sabre fans who thought Reinhart would bring in multiple first and a top center prospect.

I couldn't care less, i really wouldn't want to pay him 7-8 million extension...but real trade will hurt the dreamers. Besides, in 8 months, he's free.

Good luck....lol

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The trade actually makes sense....but of course never enough for anyone on the other team unless they are robbing to other side.
That's the way those deals have always worked since the beginning of time. You get great value up front but give up potentially way more value in the long run. It's literally how it's been.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Ohh noooo...you got me.:laugh:

Just like Sabre fans who thought Reinhart would bring in multiple first and a top center prospect.

I couldn't care less, i really wouldn't want to pay him 7-8 million extension...but real trade will hurt the dreamers. Besides, in 8 months, he's free.

Good luck....lol

My wishful thinking is more along the lines of Hertl extending

ballon-pop-animation.gif

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lol... so not only will a team not get his services for a playoff run, they're now competing with 31 other teams for him to sign with them.

But yeah. Simple! Just wait til summer and he'll sign with you.
31 teams AND KHL. not.

At most you got 2 teams that will interested and the rest are tire kickers. Avs and Knights...the rest are looking for bargain.

Good luck....

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why on earth would he sign a long term deal before testing UFA? If he does nothing as far as signing, he gets to have 31 other teams bid for him. as a 25 year old UFA power forward. I can't imagine anything the sharks offer as far as long term equates to that opportunity.

Because the Sharks can offer 8 years and others can't. There are millions of reasons not to test UFA. He's also going to be 28 in November.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
He'd elevate a bubble team to the next level. A team like the Devils/Kings should be all over him. He has to come with an extension of course.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Two reasons for starters, he likes it in SJ and only SJ can offer him the 8th year on a contract. Let's see... Jumbo, Couture, Vlasic, EK65, Kane, Burns, Pavelski, Marleau all chose to forgo UFA at one point and sign long term in SJ. It's literally the most common outcome for good players and the Sharks So don't act so shocked. It just makes you look like you haven't been paying attention. ;)

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
My wishful thinking is more along the lines of Hertl extending

ballon-pop-animation.gif
80/20 he re-signs IMO. If the Sharks are in playoff position at the olympic break he'll re-sign then if not earlier. My personal prediction is it gets done before the season starts.

Reactions: Groo

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
Because the Sharks can offer 8 years and others can't. There are millions of reasons not to test UFA. He's also going to be 28 in November.

I think you misunderstood, I was discussing Timo Meier, who turns 25 in October. Eariler in the thread there was a comment that was "the sharks don't want another boat anchor" when discussing both Hertl and Meier contracts.

I completely agree that Hertl should/will be offered a 8 year deal by the Sharks. I do not believe the Sharks will offer Timo anything competitive. They won't qualify him, and as a 25 year old power forward, he will make more on the open market than he will from a Sharks offer. I don't see any world where the Sharks offer Meier 8 years in a contract after a current contract that pays him as the 11th highest player in the league. Both the Sharks and his agent setup his current deal in a way that ensured he went to UFA as a Shark after the 4th year of the deal. No one should be surprised in that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think you misunderstood, I was discussing Timo Meier, who turns 25 in October. Eariler in the thread there was a comment that was "the sharks don't want another boat anchor" when discussing both Hertl and Meier contracts.

I completely agree that Hertl should/will be offered a 8 year deal by the Sharks. I do not believe the Sharks will offer Timo anything competitive. They won't qualify him, and as a 25 year old power forward, he will make more on the open market than he will from a Sharks offer. I don't see any world where the Sharks offer Meier 8 years in a contract after a current contract that pays him as the 11th highest player in the league. Both the Sharks and his agent setup his current deal in a way that ensured he went to UFA as a Shark after the 4th year of the deal. No one should be surprised in that.

I think they will trade Meier if he’s not willing to extend but that’s a next offseason thing.

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
I think they will trade Meier if he’s not willing to extend but that’s a next offseason thing.

You think they will find someone who will give him 10M real cash in his final season? And will once again almost certainly lose him to UFA at the end of that season (as no one will qualify him at 10M)? I think this contract is as untradeable as Ek65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad