Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You think they will find someone who will give him 10M real cash in his final season? And will once again almost certainly lose him to UFA at the end of that season (as no one will qualify him at 10M)? I think this contract is as untradeable as Ek65

Yeah easily because the Sharks can retain on him to make the salary more manageable. He’ll be treated like a rental. May not happen in the off-season but at the deadline at the latest.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
You're missing the point.

Hertl will evaluate at the trade deadline which teams give him the best shot at winning the Cup and will likely only be interested in going to that small handful of teams.

It won't be a true bidding war between all 16 playoff teams as Hertl has the power to nix deals.

This will very likely limit the value received by the SJS as fewer bidders generally means lower bids.
Again this is an insane amount of speculation. I would be shocked if Hertl isn't a Sharks lifer. But the Sharks aren't going to give Hertl options. In your scenario, if the Wild offer more the Sharks ask if he will waive for them. It's not like they go to Hertl and ask "who would you rather play for?"

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Again this is an insane amount of speculation. I would be shocked if Hertl isn't a Sharks lifer. But the Sharks aren't going to give Hertl options. In your scenario, if the Wild offer more the Sharks ask if he will waive for them. It's not like they go to Hertl and ask "who would you rather play for?"

Well they will initially. Rental players with clauses give a list before the season starts and most GM’s will try to get that list expanded but typically with trade within that list. But some GM’s do give a player a choice on where to go. It happened with Marleau.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
You think they will find someone who will give him 10M real cash in his final season? And will once again almost certainly lose him to UFA at the end of that season (as no one will qualify him at 10M)? I think this contract is as untradeable as Ek65
Who ever trade for him can just extend him. I guess you missed all the fun when NJ fans wanted him

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Well they will initially. Rental players with clauses give a list before the season starts and most GM’s will try to get that list expanded but typically with trade within that list. But some GM’s do give a player a choice on where to go. It happened with Marleau.
Marleau was traded for chicken feed. He and Hertl aren't in the same stratosphere

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Just another instance where you are wrong. Hasso is the richest owner in the league or one of them. The 10mil in the last season is easily doable or they wouldn't have signed him to it. As far as his qualifying offer, it'll never come to that. He's sign a long term extension before that's necessary.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Now that's just trolling. They could find a trade partner for Meier's contract right now. They might have to retain and/or add something because of the cash, but that could get done. Someone would take a chance on a 25 year old. There's nothing they could do to get rid of Karlsson, short of find a desperate team like Vancouver with a handful of their own bad contracts. Even then, Ari had to add a good winger to get that 9th pick and get the OEL deal done. Plus there aren't that many teams in a Van situation. And of course Karlsson would have to agree to go, and SJ isn't Ari, no matter how bad the Sharks may currently be.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
No chance. Sharks won't get a prospect like Holloway.
XljvZE.gif

Reactions: themelkman

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Wait and see.

If Sharks fans think they are going to get a plus prospect there is going to be a lot of crying in a few months.
Wait and see?
Perhaps it would be best if you followed your own advise.
Too funny
If Hertl is traded you'll find Sharks fans in morning regardless of the return

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Who ever trade for him can just extend him. I guess you missed all the fun when NJ fans wanted him
It is a Swiss thing, it was nice break from from NJ fans being weirdly into Niederreiter.

Reactions: Groo

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hertl for debrusk vaak and a 2nd ,?

I can't see a situation where the Sharks settle for less than a 1st rounder if there's a salary dump/project player with potential included in the deal and if they do, they're damn fools. I'm a fan of DeBrusk but his potential, while still attainable, is in question after his poor showing last season. I'd love to see him bounce back and I think he will - his scoring instincts are good enough to keep him in the league for a long time - but he needs to show it. A risk like that however comes with a price, especially when trying to get a top end player like Hertl.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He'd be a great fit in Ottawa but I'm not sure he re-signs here. With an extension in place, I'd give up a decent amount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad