Confirmed with Link: Toffoli to CGY for Emil Heineman, Tyler Pitlick + Picks (Part 2)

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Getting good value and selling high are not the same thing. Subban for Draisatl and the 4th overall pick in 2016 would have been selling high. You walk away from your franchise D for what would become a franchise center, hopefully Tkachuk and Sergachev. Quite a few bad picks that could have been made at 4th though.
Edmonton would have never made the trade. When they saw Jesse Puljujarvi has still available at the fourth place. They wanted Puljujarvi to play with McDavid.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Edmonton would have never made the trade. When they saw Jesse Puljujarvi has still available at the fourth place. They wanted Puljujarvi to play with McDavid.
Yeah but at the time Pulj was supposed to be 3rd and PLD was supposed to be available at 4 and there was a viewed discrepancy.

It was more of Matthews, laine Puljujarvi then today where it's, Matthews,..... Laine...........................................................PUljujarvi

Reactions: rahad

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We were the ones who pulled out because Bergy wanted PLD

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
* Scandella for a 2nd & 4th
* Shaw for a 2nd & 3rd
* Pacioretty for Tatar, Suzuki, 2nd
* Bourque for Armia, Mason, 4th, 7th
Yeah, they sold high and let Radu, Danault, Tatar walked for free. Spending 1st for Dvorak who supposed to replace Danault

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
But if we had those guys would we have Caufield and Wright? Probably would have ending higher in the standings and never had a chance at those 2, Ghule either.

Finishing low in the standings is key.

And we've put ourselves in a position to do that for years to come.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
But if we had those guys would we have Caufield and Wright? Probably would have ending higher in the standings and never had a chance at those 2, Ghule either.
I'd be happy with Brady, Hughes and Serg any day of the week , but that's just me.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Brady Huges Sergachev

Over

Caufield Wright Ghule ?

That’s a HUGE no for me, I can’t even express how big of a NO.

Brady is a stud, Serg is a proven stud too. Hughes , Serg on your blueline you are set for a loooong time what can i say. I love Guhle , maybe he peaks to a Sergachev but I never had Kayden pegged as a 40 pt dman in the NHL. My neighbor played against Guhle last year, all he said was 'Weber Light', hard to play against and can snap when provoked. 'Super tough'. Enjoyed watching the Edmonton/Winnipeg game on WHL tv with 4 junior players, really get a different take on the game.

Reactions: dinodebino

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If CGY lose against EDM... it's at least a 28 overall pick, that's really good with that deep draft. It's a very good trade by Hughes. Heineman looks very good adding a 1st between 25-28, it's perfect.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

It's a bit disingenuous. We could also have had Mercer instead of Guhle. Maybe we don't pick Wright this year but we get Nemec, Jiricek, Slaf or someone else this season. Putting Wright in the comparison isn't fair imo. We could also finished lower in all seasons. Who knows really? Wright should be 1st overall but how good will he be in the NHL?

Brady/Hughes, Newhook?, Mercer?, Sergachev
Or
KK, Caufield, Guhle, Drouin

That's a closer comparison and doesn't take into account this season draft. In a couple years, we're also going to take account about it like previous drafts.

Reactions: themilosh and Habs

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Down to 27 now ... if!
If Calgary loses to Edmonton:
- conference finalists get picks 29-30-31-32
- then the division winners are next so Florida now officially gets the 28th
- if we assume Colorado and Carolina win their series.
- that would leave Calgary at 27
- I don’t see Colorado losing. Maybe Carolina. So I think it’s either 26-27….

Habs would go up with 1, 27, 33 and then another at 52. Could be an exciting draft for the habs!!

Reactions: Deebs

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013

Habs would go up with 1, 27, 33 and then another at 52. Could be an exciting draft for the habs!!

Would'nt be so sure about 52. If Edmonton does the deed, it would be up to Colorado to prevent Keith from making it slide to 2023 (or St-Louis).

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013

Come to think of it, might as well wait to 2023 to get a better pick!

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Brady is a stud, Serg is a proven stud too. Hughes , Serg on your blueline you are set for a loooong time what can i say. I love Guhle , maybe he peaks to a Sergachev but I never had Kayden pegged as a 40 pt dman in the NHL. My neighbor played against Guhle last year, all he said was 'Weber Light', hard to play against and can snap when provoked. 'Super tough'. Enjoyed watching the Edmonton/Winnipeg game on WHL tv with 4 junior players, really get a different take on the game.
i think Sergachev is very overrated i see him make tons of mistakes every single game,im sure Guhle will be the better player

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
i think Sergachev is very overrated i see him make tons of mistakes every single game,im sure Guhle will be the better player
I would take Sergachev on my team without hesitation to play top 4. He has some weakness in his own zone, but has poise with the puck in the ozone and bring a physicality to his game. Guhle is playing like Cernak, but I will expect better offensive numbers. Guhle will be better defensively, but offensively, Sergachev has a better offensive touch imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad