Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Its funny but I think Brady locked in long term really does make a tangible difference to the other guys coming up.

If Brady is here long term and Captain, I think it’s almost a no brainer that Norris and Jimmy sign.

I wonder if some of that ‘overpay’ was for instant credibility for the rebuild in the locker room. Not to take away from Chabot and Bath, but signing the young American star long term has to mean a lot.
Absolutely it does, the fact that he's American and his last name is Tkachuk he's saying to the other American born players on this team that I believe in this franchise that we can do something special here no doubt!!!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
when you are crying when we can't sign one of sanderson/pinto/norris/stu i will remind you of this overpayment :) have a nice day i got snacks and stuff to get ready for season opener

Holy shit man, what do you expect to happen once you tear it down, fully rebuild and draft in the top-5 many years in a row?

Stars get drafted high, and they get paid a lot. Reality of pro sports.

Now, you may believe Brady isn't worth it or isn't a star, but everyone involved believes otherwise, hence that contract.

Last edited:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
To all the “we won’t be able to sign them all” people…

$85 million 4 years from now. That will under the cap. Brown will likely come off the cap by then freeing up 5 million more. Murray and his $6 million is still on there.
If we don’t sign them it won’t be because Brady put us over the cap.
we can sign them all.

Forwards - $50.5 million
Defence - 28 million
Goalies - 7 million

$85 million

Stutzle 9 Norris 7.5 Brown 5
Tkachuk 8 Pinto 6.5 Batherson 5
Formenton 3.5 Grieg 1 Sokolov 1
Paul 2 ? 1 ? 1

Chabot 8 Zub 5
Sanderson 8 Thomson 4
Mete 1 Holden 1
JBD 1

7 G

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The biggest concern would be injuries and in that case it's understandable but I just feel like Brady would have been doing enough over the off season/his own training camp that it should not be such a huge concern. He is young enough that he should be rearing and ready to go.

As for practice he's played and practiced with the same team for 3 years and 200 games now.

I see your point, but if he's physically fit I would have him in the lineup. It would mean a lot to the fans.

Tkachuk playing 10 minutes tonight would be way better than Logan Shaw

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
when you are crying when we can't sign one of sanderson/pinto/norris/stu i will remind you of this overpayment :) have a nice day i got snacks and stuff to get ready for season opener
Feels good we don't have to worry about signing Zibanejad and Stone right now :cool:
Thanks Pierre!

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Have a feeling we will be regretting this contract in 3+ years

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

Wish it was a bridge deal at this massive overpayment

We are at the floor of the cap. So I doubt we will have to worry much in terms of paying players. I am pretty certain that the contract is created to be cap friendly.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Tkachuk playing 10 minutes tonight would be way better than Logan Shaw

yep, give him easy shifts, shelter him, use him only in the o zone and PP.

I'm sure a 22 year old, stronger than ever Brady could handle 10-12 minutes tonight and still be more valuable than half the guys we have dressed.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

$85 million 4 years from now. That will under the cap. Brown will likely come off the cap by then freeing up 5 million more. Murray and his $6 million is still on there.
we can sign them all.

Forwards - $50.5 million
Defence - 28 million
Goalies - 7 million

$85 million

Paul 2 ? 1 ? 1

Chabot 8 Zub 5
Sanderson 8 Thomson 4
Mete 1 Holden 1
JBD 1

7 G
Brown should be here long-term. A 4th year on his contract would have been nice.

We’ll be regretting not going long-term on Zub.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
It's not about scoring at all. It's his strength on puck and physical maturity that's lacking to me. He has a hard time keeping possession and is missing passes and creating giveaways. He will definitely improve but it could also be a year of learning.

Stützle has gained weight and strength over the summer. He looks a lot stronger than he did last season. Sure he has some strength to gain. But I see him having a pretty good season. If I'm wrong, you know where you find me.

Reactions: SensFactor

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
The biggest concern would be injuries and in that case it's understandable but I just feel like Brady would have been doing enough over the off season/his own training camp that it should not be such a huge concern. He is young enough that he should be rearing and ready to go.

As for practice he's played and practiced with the same team for 3 years and 200 games now.

I see your point, but if he's physically fit I would have him in the lineup. It would mean a lot to the fans.

I'm sure we will see him sooner rather than later - he must be wanting it so badly. If it were up to him he would - team will be cautious. Wouldnt want his clan to sue the org for hasty reintegration causing injury...lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

we can sign them all.

Forwards - $50.5 million
Defence - 28 million
Goalies - 7 million

$85 million

Paul 2 ? 1 ? 1

Chabot 8 Zub 5
Sanderson 8 Thomson 4
Mete 1 Holden 1
JBD 1

7 G
Yep can also see why we likely went for replacement style players that could start in a bottom 6 role at the draft...Not saying guys like Boucher etc... CanT be better than that mind you ,but theY can cut their teeth in that role at first

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Holy shit man, what do you expect to happen once you tear it down, fully rebuild and draft in the top-5 many years in a row?

Stars get drafted high, and they get paid a lot. Reality of pro sports.

Now, you may believe Brady isn't worth it or isn't a star, but everyone involved believes otherwise, hence that contract.

lol 45 points isnt a star bro but you keep thinking that if he can score 30 goal or 35 then sure.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
This is how a compromise is supposed to work. Neither side is probably thrilled with the outcome, but they got it done.

Brady wanted short term bridge to maximize his earnings when the cap goes up in a few years. Senators wanted long term to lock him in at a fair price in today's value. Brady caved on the short term want, and the Senators overpaid by today's value to lock him up long term.

Both sides gave up something and both sides got something. Now we are a team again.

Reactions: swiftwin

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is how a compromise is supposed to work. Neither side is probably thrilled with the outcome, but they got it done.

Brady wanted short term bridge to maximize his earnings when the cap goes up in a few years. Senators wanted long term to lock him in at a fair price in today's value. Brady caved on the short term want, and the Senators overpaid by today's value to lock him up long term.

Both sides gave up something and both sides got something. Now we are a team again.

its-true-all-of-it.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad