Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
funny because I feel that I only rehash the same points because no one bothers to actually argue those. Micklebot is the only one who has made a genuine effort and even then I think we share the same general beliefs.

no one who argues so vehemently against me or calls me a troll actually seems to want to argue my points.

what exactly are your points ? I'm here to listen. I validate you and see you and hear you.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Riiiiight, so that means it’s open season for disgruntled strangers…. I mean it’s your right!!!

when you are crying when we can't sign one of sanderson/pinto/norris/stu i will remind you of this overpayment :) have a nice day i got snacks and stuff to get ready for season opener

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
YeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
You’re god damn f***ing right!!!! This is some of the best news i can remember receiving as a Sens fan. Means everything to this organization.
Well done Pierre, & good for Melnyk for signing off.
(I don’t know that I’ve said a single nice thing about Melnyk in 7 or 8 years.)
The organization stepped up here and made it happen. So f***ing happy right now.
Chabot was a really good move too! Locking up a young #1 defensemen for 8 years!!!!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Glad he's signed. I wouldn't have done it, but there's a reasonable hope he lives up to it.

We need to stay above the cap anyway.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Have a feeling we will be regretting this contract in 3+ years

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

Wish it was a bridge deal at this massive overpayment

I got a great Christmas present, it’ll probably just ruin all the other Christmas’ I’ll have.
I mean I don’t know this or anything, I just want to be miserable.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
when you are crying when we can't sign one of sanderson/pinto/norris/stu i will remind you of this overpayment :) have a nice day i got snacks and stuff to get ready for season opener

I’m not the crying type over hockey, and we’ll be fine to sign all of those guys :)

Enjoy the game, super jealous of you guys right now. Should be a great game!

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Major props to the org and to Dorion for pushing for a face to face meeting with the agents to push this deal along. Glad to see Brady bend into signing a long term deal. I think both parties did well and it’s refreshing to see the difference one signing makes for a fanbase. Looking forward to the season now!

for those complaining about AAV, this is the price of being in Ontario unfortunately. Likely expect another slight overpayment for Norris. But all that means is we’re willing to be competitive on total compensation regardless, and that is a huge positive

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

We can just not re-sign Del Zotto. There’s the extra million you think he been overpaid! I found it! lmfao

Reactions: hockey20000

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
what exactly are your points ? I'm here to listen. I validate you and see you and hear you.

They are all over, some in this thread. I don't think I have ever posted more about a player/players contract. If you care to argue them you can search them and respond I will not re-hash them right now.

I will take Ice Trays advice and be more sensitive because it seems that my arguments are aggravating, especially today. Though I don't even think I'm unique in the views I hold, I know many Sens fans have the same.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
all understandable but players come in to play after injuries or trades all the time.

Who do you think is going to be more valuable to us this game? Scott Sabourin or a training camp less Brady?

Why yes they do - but they attended training camps at the beginning of the year and most likely played many regular season games beforehand. Even if traded or injured. Come on.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Have a feeling we will be regretting this contract in 3+ years

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

Wish it was a bridge deal at this massive overpayment
A 1-2 mil overpayment isn’t going to cripple our ability to sign our guys in 2-3 years. Big chunks of salary are coming off the books every year and we still have plenty of cap space (if we ever actually plan on going spending it).

Tierney and Sanford make a combined 6.2 mil this year and are on expiring contracts. That can go to Norris’ new contract next year.

Reactions: Deku

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Major props to the org and to Dorion for pushing for a face to face meeting with the agents to push this deal along. Glad to see Brady bend into signing a long term deal. I think both parties did well and it’s refreshing to see the difference one signing makes for a fanbase. Looking forward to the season now!

Its funny but I think Brady locked in long term really does make a tangible difference to the other guys coming up.

If Brady is here long term and Captain, I think it’s almost a no brainer that Norris and Jimmy sign.

I wonder if some of that ‘overpay’ was for instant credibility for the rebuild in the locker room. Not to take away from Chabot and Bath, but signing the young American star long term has to mean a lot.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Its funny but I think Brady locked in long term really does make a tangible difference to the other guys coming up.

If Brady is here long term and Captain, I think it’s almost a no brainer that Norris and Jimmy sign.

I wonder if some of that ‘overpay’ was for instant credibility for the rebuild in the locker room. Not to take away from Chabot and Bath, but signing the young American star long term has to mean a lot.

definite shot in the arm for the whole team, can see they got new energy. And I think this means Norris and Jimmy will stick around as well (fingers crossed but I feel much better about this than yesterday)

Reactions: DrEasy and Ice-Tray

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
Wow, that's a bit shocking. I'd have expected a 10 list or something.
I'm surprised as well, after Heatley I didn't think the Sens would ever give out a full NMC clause again. IIRC they were unwilling to offer one to EK.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
All y'all posting about 'How are we going to sign Norris/Pinto/Stu/Sanderson if they all become stars?"

Man, I hope we have that problem. I hope every player we have turns into a star. I'd rather deal with that than have those players bust and not have to pay them.

Stars are assets. If the above players all become worth Brady money or more, that means somebody will pay out the nose to acquire them.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brady in the end wins,his full NMC starting in his first UFA years... He has the money he wanted, and the control to move where he wants, if things go sideways

Reactions: ThreePosts

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Even though he won't play tonight, this should be a great boost of energy for the Sens players tonight. Imagine their excitement at having Brady in the dressing room to see the boys prior to the game. Gotta figure that will give a little jump.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Why yes they do - but they attended training camps at the beginning of the year and most likely played many regular season games beforehand. Even if traded or injured. Come on.

The biggest concern would be injuries and in that case it's understandable but I just feel like Brady would have been doing enough over the off season/his own training camp that it should not be such a huge concern. He is young enough that he should be rearing and ready to go.

As for practice he's played and practiced with the same team for 3 years and 200 games now.

I see your point, but if he's physically fit I would have him in the lineup. It would mean a lot to the fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad