Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Finally, wonder what took so long for PD to up the salary just a little bit or was it the pressure of the season starting that Brady just wanted to get something done. Either way very glad it got done long term & now they can start looking at the future of this team & the possibilities. This yr is still a right off IMO, but next yr there should be much more to look forward to with this team & a few more young guys making the team. Hopefully he is in the house tonight either dressed or not & they introduce him as captain, too bad they weren't in hogtown first & here Saturday night, it would have made for a much better celebration in front of a bigger audience.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
I'm just glad we got a deal done and Brady is back on the ice (or will be shortly). Let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: albator71

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
More than the willingness to pay up for the player they want to lead the team for the next decade, I have to give the organization a lot of credit for stepping up to give a full NMC for Brady in his UFA years...I think it goes against their contract philosophy and demonstrates the confidence they're putting into the player. I rarely think full NMCs are a good idea, but in this case...probably justified.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Simply put, he's worth much more to us than any other team. Bathersons contract was a steal and I have a weird feeling we'll get good value out of a Norris extension. If there was anywhere to overpay on this team, this would be it.

More than one team has signed young players to big contracts that their fans have complained about. Gives me a feeling that the owners know something that we don't, possibly when the 10.5m hits in Brady's contract. If the cap goes up a lot due to betting/pandemic recovering, we'll be in a great spot

Reactions: bert and aragorn

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Ultimately, even if we compare Brady to all other RFA long term signings this summer, you can say he's the most overpaid of them all, but if he's really only overpaid by 1M for the length of the contract (as opposed to, say 4M overpaid) then Ottawa is lucky to keep their "heart and soul" guy for 7 years.

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Simply put, he's worth much more to us than any other team. Bathersons contract was a steal and I have a weird feeling we'll get good value out of a Norris extension. If there was anywhere to overpay on this team, this would be it.

More than one team has signed young players to big contracts that their fans have complained about. Gives me a feeling that the owners know something that we don't, possibly when the 10.5m hits in Brady's contract. If the cap goes up a lot due to betting/pandemic recovering, we'll be in a great spot

I also wonder if the team is factoring potential playoff tickets revenue when Brady is at 10.5m.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Have a feeling we will be regretting this contract in 3+ years

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

Wish it was a bridge deal at this massive overpayment

I think this will be akin to the Ray Bourque salary cap. " You want more than our captain, Brady?"

Unless someone is over 80 points, I don't see it. We may regret it, but right now, I don't give two shits!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I dunno man, that's what I heard. Coaches really hate changing their lineup drastically like that at the last second and I'm sure even Brady would like some practice time before hopping on.

Would be cool to see him in the warmup at the very least

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Major props to the org and to Dorion for pushing for a face to face meeting with the agents to push this deal along. Glad to see Brady bend into signing a long term deal. I think both parties did well and it’s refreshing to see the difference one signing makes for a fanbase. Looking forward to the season now!

for those complaining about AAV, this is the price of being in Ontario unfortunately. Likely expect another slight overpayment for Norris. But all that means is we’re willing to be competitive on total compensation regardless, and that is a huge positive
Exactly
Svech is 7.750 AAV in USD!!!

Reactions: albator71

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Overpaid by a decent chunk, but the team needed to sign Brady.

Will take that overpayment over losing another guy any day of the week
Can you imagine Calgary’s management right now. Lol they are screwed.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Heard on the radio he's in town already, or will be there for the game in the arena.
Newport Sports HQ is in Mississauga as I understand...which is really close to YYZ. A number of private aircraft arrived at CYOW today from YYZ. #BradyWatch

2 King Airs
1 Citation business jet due to land in 5 mins (ASP473)
And another Citation X due to land at 6:50pm (N688LB)

Who knows, I am bored waiting for this game to start.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad