Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
More than the willingness to pay up for the player they want to lead the team for the next decade, I have to give the organization a lot of credit for stepping up to give a full NMC for Brady in his UFA years...I think it goes against their contract philosophy and demonstrates the confidence they're putting into the player. I rarely think full NMCs are a good idea, but in this case...probably justified.

A full NMC clause may seem to give the control to the player; however, if the player insists on going to only one other team and the return stinks, the Senators could play hardball and just say "NO!". There is no need to cave in to full NMC players; you just need the managerial strength and will to do so.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Newport Sports HQ is in Mississauga as I understand...which is really close to YYZ. A number of private aircraft arrived at CYOW today from YYZ. #BradyWatch

2 King Airs
1 Citation business jet due to land in 5 mins (ASP473)
And another Citation X due to land at 6:50pm (N688LB)

Who knows, I am bored waiting for this game to start.

Haha no need to go hunting for planes bud, it's already been confirmed he's in town and will attend the game despite not playing. ;)

Also, Dorion said they all went to Belleville yesterday to finish negotiating the deal so it was probably a very short ride back to Ottawa.

Reactions: branch

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
For those wondering how the cap hit breaks down:

Face value of the contract is $57.5m over 7 years. However Brady is going to miss the first 3 days of the 200 day season, which will reduce his $4m 2021-22 salary by $60k. So the payout changes to $57.44m over 7 years.

$57.44m / 7 = $8,205,714 AAV in years 2-7

Then in year 1 we inflate the cap hit to offset any cap space the team would otherwise have gained by waiting to sign the player. Brady will miss 3 days of the 200 day season so the inflated year 1 cap hit comes out to:

$8,205,714 / 197 * 200 = $8,330,674 in year 1

Reactions: Matsens15

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Love that they met in Belleville to finally all get on the same page and get this done. It's not like there's anything else to distract you there lol.

Hey, Belleville is a nice little town, they have the Baby Sens & 20 Tesla Super Chargers at the Quinte Mall, should you need to electrify.

Reactions: Sweatred

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think this will be akin to the Ray Bourque salary cap. " You want more than our captain, Brady?"

Unless someone is over 80 points, I don't see it. We may regret it, but right now, I don't give two shits!

except it doesn't work really when one is an all time great.

this is more like Dustin Brown to the Kopitars, Carters and Doughtys (Stutzle, Sanderson, Chabot, Pinto/Norris)

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
For those wondering how the cap hit breaks down:

Face value of the contract is $57.5m over 7 years. However Brady is going to miss the first 3 days of the 200 day season, which will reduce his $4m 2021-22 salary by $60k. So the payout changes to $57.44m over 7 years.

$57.44m / 7 = $8,205,714 AAV in years 2-7

Then in year 1 we inflate the cap hit to offset any cap space the team would otherwise have gained by waiting to sign the player. Brady will miss 3 days of the 200 day season so the inflated year 1 cap hit comes out to:

$8,205,714 / 197 * 200 = $8,330,674 in year 1
Nice explanation! Thanks

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That ‘overpay’ covers the sheer amount of giddy home and excitement that is ripping through the Sens fanbase right now.

The reaction to this signing is so much more significant than any other RFA signing was to other fanbase.

This isn’t just Brady here for 7 years, this is renewed fan commitment, props to a management under siege, cautious optimism for ownership spending, almost guaranteed Norris extension and Jimmy extension, and a sense that ‘of course our next crop of American prospects will extend here’ feelings.

That ‘overpay’ bought hope and more than a little confidence in Sensland, and that all says nothing for the guys in the room. Brady gave all fans a sense that maybe this shit is for real.

That ‘overpay’ was money well spent.

And yesss, I’m a few beers in on a rainy afternoon in Victoria waiting for the boys to hit the ice, with the best fan feeling I’ve had in a very long time.

Go Sens!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That ‘overpay’ covers the sheer amount of giddy home and excitement that is ripping through the Sens fanbase right now.

The reaction to this signing is so much more significant than any other RFA signing was to other fanbase.

This isn’t just Brady here for 7 years, this is renewed fan commitment, props to a management under siege, cautious optimism for ownership spending, almost guaranteed Norris extension and Jimmy extension, and a sense that ‘of course our next crop of American prospects will extend here’ feelings.

That ‘overpay’ bought hope and more than a little confidence in Sensland, and that all says nothing for the guys in the room. Brady gave all fans a sense that maybe this shit is for real.

That ‘overpay’ was money well spent.

And yesss, I’m a few beers in on a rainy afternoon in Victoria waiting for the boys to hit the ice, with the best fan feeling I’ve had in a very long time.

Go Sens!
Gotta say, I-T, feels nice to be back on the same side of the discussion. Love reading your posts when I'm filled with the same level of optimism. I'd even go as far as to say that this 'overpay' may be some of the best money the org's ever spent if the alternative was more fan angst and disillusionment.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Gotta say, I-T, feels nice to be back on the same side of the discussion. Love reading your posts when I'm filled with the same level of optimism. I'd even go as far as to say that this 'overpay' may be some of the best money the org's ever spent if the alternative was more fan angst and disillusionment.

Hahaha, awesome! Thanks for reading that grammar abomination of a tipsy post.

Goddamn I’m stoked :)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Gotta say, less than sober second thought:

I’m glad that they didn’t upstage the guys who worked hard through training camp and preseason with dropping Brady in at the end.

Let him low pro join the boys and get to work.

Smart move.

Also, for those that sleep on Zaitsev, this should be a signal of how important a player he is inside the room. Brown told the fans last year that he was one of the hearts of the team in a post game interview, so it’s nice to see him singled out in a group that self describe as having several guys who could wear letters.

Go Sens!

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's definitely an overpay.

I'll hold my breath and wait to see how this affects the team down the road.

And Brady better be a whole lot better than he was last year. His status has changed dramatically. Hope he is ready for it.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Pierre “Nick Paul” Dorion didn’t even blink.

Everybody wins.

Oster. Brady. GMPDsquared. DJ. DJ Prosper.

And us.

I needed this in such a bad way. Hopefully now I can be less of a raging asshole.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

When asked how the players reacted to Brady’s signing, Pierre said he hasn’t really talked to anyone except he ran into Stützle in the hallway and they high fived. Pierre laughs and says “now there’s gonna be something online about that” hahaha… appreciate his sense of humour on that one!

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
All the haters focusing in on the overpayment - they just wanted to see Brady and Ottawa's relationship crumble. So what if he is slightly overpaid, we need to lock up our stars. Great job by Dorion getting this done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad