Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Makes sense, I suspect they had he deal done last night, plenty of time to be in Ottawa already.

Makes me wonder if we don’t see him in gear on the ice for the opening night roster stuff, and even a “and your captaaaaaainnn….” As the last announcement.

It would be so unexpected, and awesome to bring the fans to their feet.

Dare to Dream.

That'd be too cool for this org.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I just like to discuss hockey and don't take it that personally.

If someone says something I disagree or if someone disagrees with something I said I like to engage and see where our differences may lie and whether or not we can come to a better understanding of the difference.

If that is considered trolling I guess I am reading the room wrong.

Except you rehash the same points a dozen times a day, while ignoring others.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
That'd be frikkin' awesome lol.

..but he's definitely not playing tonight. He'll just be there for intros and stuff.

Why shouldn't he be playing tonight? A flight isn't that long and if they knew a deal was so close wouln't he be packed and ready to go already?

If it's practice time, he's been on the team for 3 years and I'm sure he's been doing his own training camp and what not.

I'm really looking forward to watching Brady tonight, it would be annoying to not have him there.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It's just nice to be able to keep our players for a change, and I feel more optimistic that we'll be able to keep this good, talented, young team together for a long time. This is the start of something special today guys, it's like a big dark cloud has been lift off this franchise.

I was really pissed at Brady but like I said before Im happy that he decided to be part of the solution and signed long term. Sometime we let our emotions get the best of us, we are want the Sens to be successful and win and sometimes we get upset with players, management its normal we care about our Sens!!!

Reactions: Alex1234

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Why, because he didn't score? Stützle is the youngest of the bunch and I guarantee he will be one of the leading scorers by the end of this season.
It's not about scoring at all. It's his strength on puck and physical maturity that's lacking to me. He has a hard time keeping possession and is missing passes and creating giveaways. He will definitely improve but it could also be a year of learning.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Have a feeling we will be regretting this contract in 3+ years

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

Wish it was a bridge deal at this massive overpayment

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I just like to discuss hockey and don't take it that personally.

If someone says something I disagree or if someone disagrees with something I said I like to engage and see where our differences may lie and whether or not we can come to a better understanding of the difference.

If that is considered trolling I guess I am reading the room wrong.

Youre not really discussing anything though. You are parroting your position over and over again. You aren’t willing to budge on the stance, and aren’t willing to actually discuss the position at all.

What you do is jump in and argue with any post to the contrary, with same set of opinions. Mick boiled your position down to its core a few pages back. You don’t value intangibles to the same dollar value, or on ice value as other people. Your valuation as a fan does not Mach the valuation of players and managers in the game. That’s it, that’s all. There is no reconciling your position, and if Mick couldn’t get you to understand that with logic, then there is little hope.

Look man, I don’t really care too much, I’ve read your posts for the last month and whole
I don’t agree at all with your assessments, it’s all good. But maybe, since you’re not personally sensitive about the player, it would be kind to let a bunch of fellow Sens fans who do seem to care, celebrate the signing for a few minutes at least before coming in and dumping on it.

I just don’t see your purpose at the moment beyond actively trying to piss people off in mid celebration. Maybe

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

If Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris and even Pinto become stars, how are we going to sign them all?

We’ll sign them with paper and pen I imagine. But you’re right who can say. Perhaps digital signatures will be the way of things by then.

We should worry.

Reactions: albator71

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Yes, I gather that you think this way. Sounds very productive.

I disagree with your example of social behaviour and am bashing it.

Super productive.

Look man, I’m sure you’re a fine person, but talking about trashing the kid on the day he signs his deal is bound to get a response. From me anyways.

the kid lol he is 22 and getting paid millions to play a sport.. please lol.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Why shouldn't he be playing tonight? A flight isn't that long and if they knew a deal was so close wouln't he be packed and ready to go already?

If it's practice time, he's been on the team for 3 years and I'm sure he's been doing his own training camp and what not.

I'm really looking forward to watching Brady tonight, it would be annoying to not have him there.

You do know that training camps are important right? That players need practice time with linemates and need to get timing and speed aligned. You also need to guard against injuries from trying to do too much too fast. You do realize that the team invests in professional trainers and doctors to supervise integration into the line up. Brady parcticing on his own is fine - but no substitute for a real training camp. This is not beer league hockey. Honestly.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

It's the opposite, in 3+ years that's when we will see Brady at his absolute best fully worth his contract. I can see people criticizing the deal early on until we make our first playoff appearance(or two) and see what he can truly do.

Your other concerns are warranted. We have to do everything within our power to sign Norris as fast as possible. Stutzle will be paid what he deserves. Sanderson will not be an issue until at least 5-6 years from now (ELC+bridge) by then, we should have done what we needed to do to get a cup.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Slight overpay, probably about ~1m too much. On the other hand, we probably underpaid Batherson about ~1m. I'll call it a wash.

Just happy we finally signed a big piece. What he brings to the locker room and his attitude are well worth the extra $$.

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Except you rehash the same points a dozen times a day, while ignoring others.

funny because I feel that I only rehash the same points because no one bothers to actually argue those. Micklebot is the only one who has made a genuine effort and even then I think we share the same general beliefs.

no one who argues so vehemently against me or calls me a troll actually seems to want to argue my points.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
You do know that training camps are important right? That players need practice time with linemates and need to get timing and speed aligned. You also need to guard against injuries from trying to do too much too fast. You do realize that the team invests in professional trainers and doctors to supervise integration into the line up. Brady parcticing on his own is fine - but no substitute for a real training camp. This is not beer league hockey. Honestly.

all understandable but players come in to play after injuries or trades all the time.

Who do you think is going to be more valuable to us this game? Scott Sabourin or a training camp less Brady?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
funny because I feel that I only rehash the same points because no one bothers to actually argue those. Micklebot is the only one who has made a genuine effort and even then I think we share the same general beliefs.

no one who argues so vehemently against me or calls me a troll actually seems to want to argue my points.

Bullshit, your singular position has been argued at length several times over the dozen Brady threads. It’s why it’s annoying, because it’s always ground hog day with you.

You’ll get no sympathy here with that noise.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I dunno man, that's what I heard. Coaches really hate changing their lineup drastically like that at the last second and I'm sure even Brady would like some practice time before hopping on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad