Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Brady's biggest intagible - making Stutz happier and safer...very good things will come from his presence in the locker room and on the ice. For everyone on the team as well. Leading warrior and bringin the other Sens into the battle - and there will be battles this year. I am very happy w 7 years and not a huge overpayment when you look at some other insane contracts out there on the other teams. Well done Dorion !

This is one hell of a warrior and a beast to play against. This is our first true captain since Alf. I was really bitter and disappointing about him potentially forcing us to let him walk and I'm literally overjoyed at the contract and having him as our Captain for the next 7 years.

Kudos also to Dorion and Melnyk obviously!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think its because some people are wayyy too sensitive here.

Was management bashing Tkachuk when they were making the same points as me in the negotiation?

No, it’s because everyone in here has been patient with you saying the exact same thing for a month now. People have taken the time to debate with you, show differing opinions, and to eventually move on. Folks are just tired of you right now.

You not so much. Same thing every day all day. Now that the deal is signed, instead of reading the room, you’re right back in here posting the very same stuff that we have all seen and heard from you before.

What exactly is your point AG? Is it the thought that maybe there is a member popping in here today that hasn’t already read your opinion on Brady over the last month?

Naw, you pop into the party with your same stuff, you should expect some backlash today.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Let's have the press conference where he's named Captain please!
I don't think they can do it right now. They already said they will not have a captain for the first part of the season (whatever that is). So it would look bad if they announced tonight that Brady is our captain. They need to at least be respectful toward Chabot and (even if it's just a fake competition) wait for a while before they "make a final decision".

Reactions: HF Reader

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
if i disagree with something then yes i have a right to bash it.

Yes, I gather that you think this way. Sounds very productive.

I disagree with your example of social behaviour and am bashing it.

Super productive.

Look man, I’m sure you’re a fine person, but talking about trashing the kid on the day he signs his deal is bound to get a response. From me anyways.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
go for it.. its a overpayment we are allowed to bash him for it if we want.. unless he scores 65-70 points this deal is a bust.. 50-55 points and these so called "intangables" people love to say about him wont live up to the deal.
I don’t care if he never scores 20 goals I’m just happy that you’re unhappy.

Reactions: Loach

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Stutzle doesn't look like (at least from his preseason) that he's going to outplay any of Norris, Pinto or Tkachuk. Hoping the sophomore jinx doesn't set in but it might bite him hard.

Why, because he didn't score? Stützle is the youngest of the bunch and I guarantee he will be one of the leading scorers by the end of this season.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
No, it’s because everyone in here has been patient with you saying the exact same thing for a month now. People have taken the time to debate with you, show differing opinions, and to eventually move on. Folks are just tired of you right now.

You not so much. Same thing every day all day. Now that the deal is signed, instead of reading the room, you’re right back in here posting the very same stuff that we have all seen and heard from you before.

What exactly is your point AG? Is it the thought that maybe there is a member popping in here today that hasn’t already read your opinion on Brady over the last month?

Naw, you pop into the party with your same stuff, you should expect some backlash today.

I just like to discuss hockey and don't take it that personally.

If someone says something I disagree or if someone disagrees with something I said I like to engage and see where our differences may lie and whether or not we can come to a better understanding of the difference.

If that is considered trolling I guess I am reading the room wrong.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Heard on the radio he's in town already, or will be there for the game in the arena.

Makes sense, I suspect they had he deal done last night, plenty of time to be in Ottawa already.

Makes me wonder if we don’t see him in gear on the ice for the opening night roster stuff, and even a “and your captaaaaaainnn….” As the last announcement.

It would be so unexpected, and awesome to bring the fans to their feet.

Dare to Dream.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't think they can do it right now. They already said they will not have a captain for the first part of the season (whatever that is). So it would look bad if they announced tonight that Brady is our captain. They need to at least be respectful toward Chabot and (even if it's just a fake competition) wait for a while before they "make a final decision".

Never really thought of that actually.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Realtive to skill for sure,but 12.5 is alot of money when the cap is 80 mil
Best player in the league by far. Should be closer to 15M. That’s how a hard cap is supposed to create distribution of talent. Stars max out their salaries and it forces tough decisions.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad