Who would make the Leafs better now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
im just suggesting that the value between there two players is pretty close, when considering them holistically

You missed my edit.

Marner has such a large contract partly because he produced so damned much. Kind of weird to hold that against him now.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
How? Tkatchuk isnt going to drive a line with Tavares or Matthews or QB a pp like Marner does. I love when people make stupid comments pretending like they know about a team they dont watch.

Anger issues much? What are you blabbering about? Why are you saying I don't watch those teams? Do you know me?

Instead of telling people they make stupid comments, you should look at Brady Tkachuk play a little more and maybe you'd see how ridiculous your comparison to Wayne Simmonds is.

Brady Tkachuk is an extremely skilled power forward and an agitator that is constantly playing. He's a gamer and exactly the kind of gritty, passionate player the Leafs are currently missing. Don't know why you're blabbering about the Leafs powerplay, as if the Leafs didn't have a bunch of offensive dynamos to make things happen.

Nobody is saying Marner is crap. I'm just suggesting that Brady Tkachuk's talent level and potential contributions have been underestimated by some on this thread and that I personally feel he would be a better fit for the Leafs.

Reactions: NyQuil

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Lucic's team won a cup he certainly didn't do it on his own and wasn't the best player on his team.

Lucic was also coming off a 20 point season and Kessel would have an 80 point season the next year. I think there would have been some short sighted people that would have taken Lucic but I think most people would have gone with the clearly more talented player in Kessel.
Lucic certainly brings cup pedigree to the Flames but yeah I agree with your point. They can’t do it themselves. I also agree that kessel before his cups > Looch but he wasn’t still my second favorite player pre Kings. As for the thread I still believe that Marner > Brady.

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
How? Tkatchuk isnt going to drive a line with Tavares or Matthews or QB a pp like Marner does. I love when people make stupid comments pretending like they know about a team they dont watch.
Wants people to stop making stupid comments on players they don’t watch

compares Tkachuk with Simmonds.

Lol ok.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I like this thread but the answer is Marner AINERC (the R stands for remotely and was added for dramatic effect).

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
You missed my edit.

Marner has such a large contract partly because he produced so damned much. Kind of weird to hold that against him now.
Yeah, I'm not holding it against him, just recognizing that it might become a albatross, and future planning is really complicated and has many considerations.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Anger issues much? What are you blabbering about? Why are you saying I don't watch those teams? Do you know me?

Instead of telling people they make stupid comments, you should look at Brady Tkachuk play a little more and maybe you'd see how ridiculous your comparison to Wayne Simmonds is.

Brady Tkachuk is an extremely skilled power forward and an agitator that is constantly playing. He's a gamer and exactly the kind of gritty, passionate player the Leafs are currently missing. Don't know why you're blabbering about the Leafs powerplay, as if the Leafs didn't have a bunch of offensive dynamos to make things happen.

Nobody is saying Marner is crap. I'm just suggesting that Brady Tkachuk's talent level and potential contributions have been underestimated by some on this thread and that I personally feel he would be a better fit for the Leafs.

Hes a good player but the Leafs get significantly worse with him instead of Marner. They need grit on top of Marner, they do t need to downgrade significantly in order to get grit.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Is no one happy to just have good players now?

does it always need to be "but he's not as good as this other guy!"

Reactions: TheNewKid

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You're almost making the argument that Brady is younger and closing the gap in point difference year by year.

Obviously Marner is the better scorer. I guess the question is would you rather have an ~80 pts finesse player or a ~60 pts does everything heart and soul player.

Like when Roberts and mogilny were both on the leafs, Roberts made a bigger difference in a playoff series even though mogilny would get more points.

Can't use Brady because he won't have playoff experience until he's out of Ottawa, but let's use Matt.

3 points in 9 games, outscored 9-6, 1 single playoff win. On the bright side, he does have 22 PIM in 9 games, I'm sure that's helping out a lot.

Marner does more in the playoffs than either Tkachuk ever will, they're just not nearly skilled enough to bridge the gap offensively, and their all-around game is overrated in the playoffs.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
If it's his brother there's no debate.

Again, we know marner is more proven, but he's giving you a surplus of what the leafs already have Playmaking.

Brady, less points. More tools.
No with Brady there’s no debate. Marner is much more valuable.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Marner long term and Tkachuk for the next five years before his body starts breaking down.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Can't use Brady because he won't have playoff experience until he's out of Ottawa, but let's use Matt.

3 points in 9 games, outscored 9-6, 1 single playoff win. On the bright side, he does have 22 PIM in 9 games, I'm sure that's helping out a lot.

Marner does more in the playoffs than either Tkachuk ever will, they're just not nearly skilled enough to bridge the gap offensively, and their all-around game is overrated in the playoffs.

I'm confused. Are we talking about Brady or Matt?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He doesn't have enough skill to replace Marner's, so what you're left with that Marner doesn't have is grit. Besides, there's lots of players who are skilled and have grit.
Not on the Leafs roster.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Well I guess they should just retire then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad