Tkachuk or Marner

Who would make the Leafs better now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Marner is the better player but Brady still has 2 years on ELC and is a good player too.

This is easy. You take Brady and you have 10M for help elsewhere

Question was not Brady plus another player, it was a direct comparison between the two. You take Marner every time unless the OP clarifies that the extra cap is an benefit of taking Brady.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Brady also creates chances, but often doesn't get a point for it, and sometimes a more complicated game isn't good. Depends on your team. Brady also has a better scoring touch. Marner is just a passing weapon.

There is not a legitimate argument you can make right now that puts Brady in the same stratosphere as Marner. He's obviously got a ton of potential and he may very well get there one day, but let's have that conversation when it's worth having.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Question was not Brady plus another player, it was a direct comparison between the two. You take Marner every time unless the OP clarifies that the extra cap is an benefit of taking Brady.
It didn't say direct comparison either lol

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
My goodness I was assuming it was at least the other the Tkachuk the poll would be talking about. What a stinker.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Yea it does not state that anywhere. The OP literally says Tkachuk or Marner and when combined with the title of the thread which would make the Leafs better. There was no mention in not taking contract into consideration. I voted Marner but I can see how some might think that getting a player like Tkachuk and freeing up 7-10 mill cap space on the leafs might make them a better team but that all depends what they do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad