Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I must be the only guy not happy about this:
1. Diaz should be back soon
2. Paternyn was doing fine
3. I think he's still raw, and too young

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I like that they are giving him a chance in a winning atmosphere. Montreal has not had this luxury in a very long time.

He may not be ready but if he is, he's exactly what this team needs!

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Audition is the right word.

If our guys in Hamilton can't do the job, Bergevin will be after a big d-man on the market.

Looking forward to seeing what Tinordi can bring to the table.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Hopefully Tinordi can bring us what Komisarek did. Not expecting anything offensively, but he was downright vicious in front of the net. Hopefully he'll bring the mean streak of Pronger while obviously not having the same offensive ability.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hopefully Tinordi can bring us what Komisarek did. Not expecting anything offensively, but he was downright vicious in front of the net. Hopefully he'll bring the mean streak of Pronger while obviously not having the same offensive ability.

Doesn't need to have that much offensive prowness, but for a guy of his size, I at least expect the Habs management to push him to develop a hard slapper, much like Chara. That alone can make him an offensive threat, especially on the PP, and would give us two great pairing on the PP, each with a shooter and a passer, namely Diaz - Subban and Beaulieu - Tinordi.

I'd like it.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I must be the only guy not happy about this:
1. Diaz should be back soon
2. Paternyn was doing fine
3. I think he's still raw, and too young

Hey, the two "young and raw" players the team decided to keep up seemed to work just fine, mind as well test your luck with a third one.

Excited to see what Tinordi's got. Don't expect him to stay up for very long, bit it would be cool to see the type of player he is in the NHL.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As per the club's official twitter. It ends the rumors about trading for a dman today.

Welcome in the Nhl for your first game big boy.
Awesome... I hope he's able to stick. We're on our way to becoming a strong team for a long time. I'm shocked that it's happening so soon but it's a pleasant surprise. Going forward with the young players we have we're going to be hard to beat.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Pre-Lucic Komisarek was a beast. Absolutely great blueliner. People trash him now and say it was all Markov but that's BS. He was awesome defensively and gave us a real edge on the blueline that we've never replaced. If Tinordi can bring that element to his game he'll be a big part of this club going forward.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pre-Lucic Komisarek was a beast. Absolutely great blueliner. People trash him now and say it was all Markov but that's BS. He was awesome defensively and gave us a real edge on the blueline that we've never replaced. If Tinordi can bring that element to his game he'll be a big part of this club going forward.

Agreed. If Tinordi performs well, he also gives the backend some much needed diversity. Habs defense moving forward looks to be in great shape man.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Agree with this. Tinordi, while maybe not the best fighter, is always protecting the crease during and after the play. I think with time, weight and confidence, He'll turn into the same type of player Komi was.

I'm excited to see what he can do at such a young age. From what I saw in Hamilton, he has a mean streak but isn't a dominant fighter. Just glad Bouillon will have help clearing the crease

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
We're currently first. I'm sure the team wants to stay in that spot. But I also think the team isn't too worried if they didn't end up their come playoff time. Plus, they probably feel like bringing in a rookie won't affect the team's performances much in comparison to dressing Kaberle.

They probably want to see how Tinordi works out, while also giving him a bit of taste of the NHL. Maybe Bergevin is currently looking for a defensemen, or trying to shop Kaberle. And is trying to have the organization see if they can have a rookie fill in. If Tinordi plays well, then they keep him. If Tinordi isn't ready, then he gets sent back to Hamilton with some encouragement. After, Bergevin makes his move accordingly.

So far, I thought Pateryn was ok. He wasn't particularly visible, nor a nuisance.

Who knows? The team might bring up Beaulieu after Tinordi. Do the same thing. And then the team will choose one of the three.

I'm curious to see what Tinordi looks like. I'll reserve my judgement unless we keep him for the rest of the season.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
I believe a major part of this, beyond the obvious talent and physical aspects, is the psychological assessment. They want to know how he will adapt under the pressure, something important should a callup be needed during the upcoming playoffs. From what I saw of Pateryn he did not seem very poised. Although he made no major mistakes that cost a goal, he seemed nervous at times, such as fanning on a shot from the point and stumbling on his skates after reaching a bit for a pass at the point.

Of course it remains to be seen if Tinordi will fare better. If he is comfortable enough (such as Gallagher does now, a rookie who already has the confidence of a seasoned veteran), he should be fine, but that's a big "if".

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Well, since we're currently in first place, we can pretty safely assume that he has been given the chance because the boys over in Hamilton think he's ready if they need him. As long as he keeps it simple and strong, doesn't take "over-exuberance" penalties, and doesn't get caught thinking he needs to toss the mitts to make the NHL squad, he'll be fine.

1. I can't wait to see Tinordi

2. Was Paternyn that bad?

1. Holy crap, me too.

2. You know, I followed him as closely as I could for his limited ice time, and I'll say this: he wasn't that bad, but just about everything about his game is "loose". For example, I found it immediately noticeable that he gets around the ice differently from "most" defensemen. You get used to seeing guys in structured defenses take certain lines, or head to certain areas without the puck depending on what you see happening in front of them. Pateryn... well... he kind of gets going in a direction, and sometimes by the time he seems to realize where he should be/be going, you notice him having to completely change direction, and sometimes takes slightly loopy paths getting there. Again, he wasn't bad, and might have gotten a few more minutes if the powerplay didn't chew up the full 6 minutes with three unproductive chances in the third period. You can tell he's slower at reading/reacting, let's put it that way, but I suppose he is being asked to adjust back to NHL pace in a pinch. As Tyson put it just after me, he has earned his "cup of coffee" as a challenge.

Last edited:

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I don't understand why anyone would complain about this call up. Tinordi will have the chance to experiment the NHL speed in at least one important game. Worst case scenario: he goes back down in the AHL and he can now work on things to polish in his game to be effective in the NHL.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

I still did not know what happened? How a fight with Lucic made Komisarek turned into a marginal player?:loony:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I still did not know what happened? How a fight with Lucic made Komisarek turned into a marginal player?:loony:
I don't know. But he was never the same player afterwards. Just a completely different guy. I thought for sure that we were going to really regret losing him to TO but that was a huge blessing in disguise. Shocked to see him regress the way he has. He used to be fearless and now I have a hard time seeing him getting an NHL job. I mean seriously who's going to want this guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad