Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habtchum*

That depends on how Tinordi performs. Bergevin won't give away picks if he does not have to.

I feel Bergevin is auditioning people for the role of the 7th D as the playoffs approach. It feels like they decided Kaberle can't be it.

They tested Pateryn, now they test Tinordi. Obviously they won't trade for a player that performs less well than either, so that becomes the baseline.

Personnally, while Pateryn did not wow me, I felt he'd be acceptable as a 7th D during a playoff run (while we admitedly cross our finger that none of the top 6 get injured!). If Tinordi performs even better than Pateryn, then screw it, keep all our picks.

Because that is what is at stake here; are we happy with either Pateryn or Tinordi as 7th D going forward or do we trade (most likely) a 2nd pick to get a marginal improvement?

Me, I'm pick greedy. No matter how good we are doing, we'll be doing better if we keep improving our prospect pool.

Prospect pool is fine, but we should not overestimate its value. Having 10 picks doesn't mean you gonna select all well known and hidden gems. habs have failed a lot over the last decade with lots of their picks. In a very competitive BUSINESS like the NHL, winning, and winning fast is the motto. As much as we can trade one of our numerous picks (not the first rounder, of course), as much as Habs can obtain some more in the future for older, less useful assets. If the habs have a feeling they can go deep in the next Playoffs, they should think about trading one or two second or third rounders to get the guy that might make the difference.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
If he's 6'6 218 lbs, I'm not too worried since Pronger played at 6'6 220 lbs and I don't I've seen him being overpowered much :laugh:.

Has Tinordi shot got better ?

He hasn't really improved his accuracy since juniors, maybe improved on his shot power a bit. He still keeps it nice and low though.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Good for him, always been pretty high on him, im definately a fan of his

i remember seeing him play a couple preseason games with the big boys at 18 years old and he didnt look that bad!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I love this way the management just continues to give fans extra reasons to tune in watch the games.

I hope that other teams fan bases (esp. the Bruins and Leafs) end up just hating Tinordi 'cause he's so damn hard to play against. :handclap:

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
I noticed that he captained the London Knights and was wondering if he's as solid defensively as some former Kelowna captain? ;)

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
He hasn't really improved his accuracy since juniors, maybe improved on his shot power a bit. He still keeps it nice and low though.

Okay, thanks ! I always thought that with such a big guy, it would be easier to have an impressive shot and I was looking forward to see him work on it. A big shot, powerful and accurate can really bring some offensive game to any big dman.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
This is a good time to get him into the mix and take a look. There isn't much pressure right now, for sure. He seemed to handle the exhibition games pretty well last year.

I hope Bergevin is building a good market demand for Kaberle or something, though. It's a little bit hard to figure out the gameplan there. Unless they're almost "bubble-wrapping" him for the buyout. He played pretty decently and it's a wee bit unfair that guys leapfrog him from the minors. And also seems doubtful that it could help his trade value any. Unless they're just 100% sure he has none by now. :dunno:

Makes no sense. His stats this year show he is eminently useable. A plus player,with ES points and PP capability. Just horrible!!

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
Prospect pool is fine, but we should not overestimate its value. Having 10 picks doesn't mean you gonna select all well known and hidden gems. habs have failed a lot over the last decade with lots of their picks.

Yes, picks are like lottery tickets. They won't all pan out. You know the best way to get lucky?

Have a lot of them.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Very happy with Bergevin creating safe, low expectations opportunities for our prospects. I'm excited for Tinordi, he seems like such an intelligent player. What number will he wear?

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I still remember the days of Canada facing the US and Gallagher was battling Tinordi in front of the net. Things got pretty heated between the two.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
Was Kaberle so bad this year that they'd rather have a Bulldog over him? To me Kaberle was neither helpful nor a net liability.

Jerky

Oct 7, 2010
Montreal
Tinordi will probably wear 24 during his career...his dad's number. Alex Henry was assigned #24 when Tinordi was drafted, but has since been released, so the number is available.

Not sure if he chose #42 (24 backwards) or if it was assigned to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad