Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm excited to see what he can do, is he a nasty SOB?

When the game gets nasty, he just becomes a mean mother****er outhere. Don't mess with him when angry.

Just like his Dad. When he "snaps", he's doing it in big way!

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
While it's safe to say a vast majority of us hate seeing Gorges and Cube on the PP, we are still scoring on the PP. Even if Kabs was put back in, until we stop scoring on the PP then I don't see MT messing with the units.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
While it's safe to say a vast majority of us hate seeing Gorges and Cube on the PP, we are still scoring on the PP. Even if Kabs was put back in, until we stop scoring on the PP then I don't see MT messing with the units.

All they need to do is put Emelin out there and wait for the Swiss knife to get back

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Nah, it all went to my hips!
images

now that's a badonkadonk!

more like a continental shelf

hogtownhabsfan*

Welcome to our top prospect!

And y'all thought I was crazy for suggesting he could be callup in his first year as a pro. :)

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
He's listed at 6'6 and 6'7 some places. If he's 6'7 its even worse.

Tinordi himself said he was 6'5''3/4 during an interview following the Habs Combine last summer.

Should he be 6.5. 6.6 or 6.7 is less important than his weight. He has still a couples of pounds of muscle to gain to be perfectly fit for his role in D.

hogtownhabsfan*

I like the idea of Tinordi getting his feet wet this year, he's going to be one of our top 6 D next season so it shortens the learning curve.

He does need to add some muscle though. If he can add 20 pounds of muscle like Eller did, on a bigger frame mind you, we're talking about a 6'6" 245 lb monster.

hogtownhabsfan*

Tinordi himself said he was 6'5''3/4 during an interview following the Habs Combine last summer.

Should he be 6.5. 6.6 or 6.7 is less important than his weight. He has still a couples of pounds of muscle to gain to be perfectly fit for his role in D.

What did he weigh then? Last I heard he was around 225, but have no idea how accurate that is.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Am excited to see him get a couple of games in, but Kaberle's last couple games were his best IMO...but Im all for giving the kids a few games at this point so it's a good situation to have....i like our overall D depth.

PricePkPatch*

Am excited to see him get a couple of games in, but Kaberle's last couple games were his best IMO...but Im all for giving the kids a few games at this point so it's a good situation to have....i like our overall D depth.

We are currently doing great. Management probably want to see how everybody on the roster is doing in order to evaluate our depth for the playoffs.

Notice that we've given Kaberle, Weber (for a game), Petteryn(?) and now Tinordi the opportunity to prove what they can do; how they fit into the team.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
While I don't see him doing better than Pateryn did, I guess now is a good time to give him a test and see what he's capable of. I was against calling him up this year but at this point a trial run won't hurt anyone.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
While I don't see him doing better than Pateryn did, I guess now is a good time to give him a test and see what he's capable of. I was against calling him up this year but at this point a trial run won't hurt anyone.

MT has been really good at sheltering players he believes need sheltering. He has no problem giving 25+ minutes to our top 4 and leaving the rookie on the bench in a close game.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Could be bad/good I guess. He plays the game very aggressively which could turn into turnovers or being out of position. Will be interesting to see if he dials it down in his debut.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well in his defense, Weber has been put in a very tough situation since the season began. He spent weeks watching games from up high. It's not easy to come back and play at your best when you can't even keep in shape with AHL games. I'm sure had we not signed Bouillon and played Weber instead, he would've fared much better.

And I agree with your assessment on Kaberle. He played fine, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't fit in the team's plan past this year, so there's no point in wasting anymore time on him.

Kaberle is real insurance if something happens to Markov or Subban. Beaulieu is not ready for a minute-laden NHL gig yet.

And I don't care about plans past this season. Armstrong and others may not be in the plans either, but they can play if they earn the right....and Kaberle has earned the right, in my book, to play over Weber (who by the way has been crap his entire career and not just this year).

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
This is a good time to get him into the mix and take a look. There isn't much pressure right now, for sure. He seemed to handle the exhibition games pretty well last year.

I hope Bergevin is building a good market demand for Kaberle or something, though. It's a little bit hard to figure out the gameplan there. Unless they're almost "bubble-wrapping" him for the buyout. He played pretty decently and it's a wee bit unfair that guys leapfrog him from the minors. And also seems doubtful that it could help his trade value any. Unless they're just 100% sure he has none by now. :dunno:

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Very happy for the big guy. A game or two to get the experience and then back to the A for a little more developing.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

1) Not like we have a CHI sized lead on the rest of the conference, but fine, with Diaz out, try some guys who you can shield. IMO Pateryn was as shaky as can be. He almost fell backwards for no reason with the puck on his stick and no pressure. Nerves, not worried, but I welcome trying out Tinordi.

2) Our PP was awful when it counted last night. Yes, PK and Patch got goals early, but after that it was garbage. Not necessarily the D's fault though. Personally, I don't mind Gorges and Cube, but it's pretty clear that it's not going to be a rocket from the point so you just shut down the fwds. Again, our PP was BAD and we had many. Asking PK about the good-until-then PP jinxed it. Thanks TSN!

I see Kabs being on the PP if he plays. 100% over Gorges.

edit: I forgot it was honey badger that actually got the goal. What a player. Calder. Do it.

Last edited:

Habtchum*

Bergevin said recently that he is sticking to his master plan. Great if they finish 1st overall in their Conference, but not the end of the Woprld as long as the team is showuing progress and is competitive.(and makes playoffs, I guess).

Not playing Kaberle means a lot. He's gonna be dealt soon or have his contract bought out .

With Diaz and Weber injured, it is a great opportunity to give a NHL shot to our promising D prospects.

This team is well managed.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Well of course is you change the meaning of the word "amazing" to fit the context you want, don't be surprise if people don't always get it.

Amazing means you've been "amazed" by his play. I agree with you he played good given what was asked of him, but I never was "amazed".

No, he's not changing the word to fit the context. "Amazing" is a subjective term; if the poster has low expectations (expecting mistakes) and then the player exceeds them, it would be fair to use the term "amazing" in that he exceeded expectations. Just because you were not amazed by him, does not mean that others weren't either; it means that you held him to a higher standard and were thus not amazed. It's a simple concept people. I'm not saying whether or not I was amazed, but the poster used the term "amazed" in the correct context; however the ambiguity of the term leads people to have varying levels of being "amazed."

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
No, he's not changing the word to fit the context. "Amazing" is a subjective term; if the poster has low expectations (expecting mistakes) and then the player exceeds them, it would be fair to use the term "amazing" in that he exceeded expectations. Just because you were not amazed by him, does not mean that others weren't either; it means that you held him to a higher standard and were thus not amazed. It's a simple concept people. I'm not saying whether or not I was amazed, but the poster used the term "amazed" in the correct context; however the ambiguity of the term leads people to have varying levels of being "amazed."

Well played sir. :handclap:

Could we get you to make a post about resign and re-sign, other terms lost on a lot of people on HFboards!

PricePkPatch*

It's still turning into quite the backhanded compliment.

"He performed okay, and seeing my low expectations I had of him, that amazed me!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad