Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Does he have a mean streak, now?

All the videos I watched of him indicated that he was a big *****cat, like another Hall Gill. Big but doesn't intimidate anybody. Opponents sure didn't seem scared of him and had no issues initiating scrums around him after the whistle.

I want him to pack some muscle as he appears to be rail-thin and he needs to be very very aggressive so he can use his size to his advantage.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

All the videos I watched of him indicated that he was a big *****cat, like another Hall Gill. Big but doesn't intimidate anybody. Opponents sure didn't seem scared of him and had no issues initiating scrums around him after the whistle.

I want him to pack some muscle as he appears to be rail-thin and he needs to be very very aggressive so he can use his size to his advantage.

The muscle will come and the "mean streak" will develop as he becomes more confident. Not sure why we want him to be super violent. If he plays like Emelin in terms of timely and big clean hits for his first year, I'm fine (rather, I'd be ecstatic). Later on, ya fine. Right now, I'm more looking forward to him using his size to separate player from puck or clear the crease. The basic skills he needs to have. Being the guy who stands up for our players can wait.

hogtownhabsfan*

He needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle, but make no mistake about it, Tinordi is a big and mean boy.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Well played sir. :handclap:

Could we get you to make a post about resign and re-sign, other terms lost on a lot of people on HFboards!

Oh dear... hahah amazing how much a hyphen can change the meaning of a word. :laugh::laugh:

I find that people only half heartedly learn the definitions to words. I myself used to just look up synonyms and often misuse (out of context) or blur the meanings of words. It's a nasty habit, which I'm trying to fix. English prof called my class out on it. :cry:

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
If he's 6'6 218 lbs, I'm not too worried since Pronger played at 6'6 220 lbs and I don't I've seen him being overpowered much :laugh:.

Has Tinordi shot got better ?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's still turning into quite the backhanded compliment.

"He performed okay, and seeing my low expectations I had of him, that amazed me!"

??

Your expectations are pre-determined in a way. If you go into the game with low expectations and he exceeds them, is it not amazing that he managed to exceed them? It's not like you intentionally set low expectations, hoping that he'll somehow amaze. I'm simply saying that that poster did not misuse the term; others have been misunderstanding how to use the term.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm loving the Master Plan of long-term development through youth. We never would have seen Gallagher and Galchenyuk contributing this early under our previous regime. Dumont's been surprisingly good, Pateryn was solid if unspectacular, and now we get a sneak peak at our big boy Jarred.

But don't be surprised if we take a couple of steps backwards along the way. Emelin and Diaz were shaky in their first year, but are MUCH better this year. Tinordi (and Beaulieu, hopefully) will have to make their mistakes at the NHL level. We will lose games this season but we'll win them next season.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Reports from the training camp mentioned that, even vs speedy NHLers, he was really tough to beat 1 vs 1. I was wishing for a 3rd pairing of Tinordi – Diaz in 2013-14 (with Bouillon as the #7D)... so I am happy to see this big stay at home D in action sooner than expected!

oyoyoye... un gros bonhomme indeed!

well i heard an interview with Sylvain Lefebvre a while ago saying Tinordi was probably the best skater on the team in a straight line

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
It's still turning into quite the backhanded compliment.

"He performed okay, and seeing my low expectations I had of him, that amazed me!"

Well the definition of amazing is: causing great surprise or sudden wonder.

So if you didn't expect anything of him and he performed above your expectation, I could see Mr saying he was amazed by his play, making it personal. Saying he played amazing, I'll agree that it doesn't fit. Even if amazing can mean causing great surprise, there is an underlying that implies that "wow" factor was there. He played solid, did the small things he had to do to be noticed/not noticed in a negative way.

Oh dear... hahah amazing how much a hyphen can change the meaning of a word. :laugh::laugh:

I find that people only half heartedly learn the definitions to words. I myself used to just look up synonyms and often misuse (out of context) or blur the meanings of words. It's a nasty habit, which I'm trying to fix. English prof called my class out on it. :cry:

I feel it due to my/our generation learning to type on the internet and not really caring how to actually spell the word correctly, since everything is abbreviated anyways. I made it a point that I would try and write properly to expand my writing/reading/speaking ability. The more I read, the better I write, the better I speak.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I hope people won't expect too much from him right off the bat. Personally i don't think he's ready but i have no objections with this try out either. It's just that if he struggle we shouldn't be too critical.

Then again i didn't think Galchenyuk would be ready this year but he was so hopefully the same happens with Tinordi :nod:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well played sir. :handclap:

Could we get you to make a post about resign and re-sign, other terms lost on a lot of people on HFboards!

Like Michel Therrien says, everything is about paying attention to details.

Observe the difference:

a. "Let's eat, Grandma."
b. "Let's eat Grandma."

Habtchum*

I hope people won't expect too much from him right off the bat. Personally i don't think he's ready but i have no objections with this try out either. It's just that if he struggle we shouldn't be too critical.

Then again i didn't think Galchenyuk would be ready this year but he was so hopefully the same happens with Tinordi :nod:

Tinordi is not here to stay anyway (I think...). They just want him to get his feet wet in the NHL.

Kaberle seems to be on his way out - via a trade or thru a buy out. I doubt we will see him again in a Habs jersey. Diaz should be back -hopefully - within a couple of weeks. And I am guessing Bergevin is shopping for a big, stay-at-ome, gritty d-man with experience.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Your expectations are pre-determined in a way. If you go into the game with low expectations and he exceeds them, is it not amazing that he managed to exceed them? It's not like you intentionally set low expectations, hoping that he'll somehow amaze. I'm simply saying that that poster did not misuse the term; others have been misunderstanding how to use the term.

I feel he did misuse the term, as much as your explanation was accurate. By saying that he played amazing, its a broad statement, there is no room for personalization or interpretation. Was Pateryn amazing? No. Was I amazed at how his first stint in the NHL went? Yes. By saying I was amazed at how he played, you make the statement personal, and thus making his use of the word proper.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
That's really interesting and a good use of a roster spot opened by injury to bring the kids up for audition. With Markov and Subban playing 30 minutes a piece, you can have a #6 D that plays sporadic minutes for evaluation.

Looking forward to the kid and to see if he's got some of his old-man in him! Mark was a tough *******.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Very excited to see what he can do at the NHL level.

LOVED the pick at the time, although I wasn't happy with giving up our 2nd rounder to move up a few spots.

I think he'll be an extremely solid shutdown D with a mean streak for us. Exactly what we need, actually.

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
Tinordi is not here to stay anyway (I think...). They just want him to get his feet wet in the NHL.

Kaberle seems to be on his way out - via a trade or thru a buy out. I doubt we will see him again in a Habs jersey. Diaz should be back -hopefully - within a couple of weeks. And I am guessing Bergevin is shopping for a big, stay-at-ome, gritty d-man with experience.

That depends on how Tinordi performs. Bergevin won't give away picks if he does not have to.

I feel Bergevin is auditioning people for the role of the 7th D as the playoffs approach. It feels like they decided Kaberle can't be it.

They tested Pateryn, now they test Tinordi. Obviously they won't trade for a player that performs less well than either, so that becomes the baseline.

Personnally, while Pateryn did not wow me, I felt he'd be acceptable as a 7th D during a playoff run (while we admitedly cross our finger that none of the top 6 get injured!). If Tinordi performs even better than Pateryn, then screw it, keep all our picks.

Because that is what is at stake here; are we happy with either Pateryn or Tinordi as 7th D going forward or do we trade (most likely) a 2nd pick to get a marginal improvement?

Me, I'm pick greedy. No matter how good we are doing, we'll be doing better if we keep improving our prospect pool.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad