Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hogtownhabsfan*

I don't know. But he was never the same player afterwards. Just a completely different guy. I thought for sure that we were going to really regret losing him to TO but that was a huge blessing in disguise. Shocked to see him regress the way he has. He used to be fearless and now I have a hard time seeing him getting an NHL job. I mean seriously who's going to want this guy?
He tore his shoulder for one thing. Really hope Tinordi doesn't have to play heavyweight, as he'd currently be miscast. In time though I think he could be that guy.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
so freaking refreshing to see this team give the kids a chance instead of piccking up a scrub from waivers or signing a campoli

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
to bad he don't have the fighting ability of is father

He's not that bad of a fighter. Once he gains a few pounds, he be better.

Look at his AHL fights, it's pretty good. His only real loss in 5 fights it's against a AHL goon (Desbiens).

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

Look at his AHL fights, it's pretty good. His only real loss in 5 fights it's against a AHL goon (Desbiens).

Not to mention that, from what I've seen, his father's #1 attribute when it came to fighting, was the ability to take many, many punches to the face without quitting.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

he loss to Sutherby too and Desbiens is nothing spectacular in term of fighting. His father was just on another level compare to him

Habtchum*

he loss to Sutherby too and Desbiens is nothing spectacular in term of fighting. His father was just on another level compare to him

Is he supposed to be a hockey defenseman or a MMA fighter ?

Apr 28, 2010
Very happy with Bergevin creating safe, low expectations opportunities for our prospects. I'm excited for Tinordi, he seems like such an intelligent player. What number will he wear?

#42 I remember from 24ch during the white vs red game, the day before the season opener. He should wear #44 though, imo.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

His fight with Sutherby was more like a wrestling match and Sutherby jumped him after Tinordi layed a big hit.... To me, it's more of a draw.

And Desbiens is a good fighter. Look at his fights with Calgary last season. He took on every heavyweight in the west and did good.

To me this season, he has a record of 3-1-1. As a rookie in the Pro, it's very good. BTW, in his firs pro camp, he fought Zack Smith in Ottawa and he won.

I'm not too worried about him as a fighter. He will learned and he'll get bigger too.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
They're giving these kids a shot at the big league, and then they send them back down hungry and wanting for more.

That's both evil and brilliant. I'm certain they didn't send Pateryn down with a kick in the ass, but with a pat on the back. Now, I can't wait to see how Tinordi is going to measure up (horrible pun very intended).

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
that's the only thing you talk aout it seems, so I'd go with MMA fighter :naughty:

fighting is a part of hockey so I'm good:thumbu:

Hannibal: Desbiens is a willing fighter but nothing spectacular.He's just a average light-heavyweight that will loss again heavyweight the majority of the time.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

Hannibal: Desbiens is a willing fighter but nothing spectacular.He's just a average light-heavyweight that will loss again heavyweight the majority of the time.

But still, Tinordi is 3-1-1 this year. Not that bad for a 20years old rookie.

He did improved his fighting skills from his junior days, and he will continue to improved them.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
#42 I remember from 24ch during the white vs red game, the day before the season opener. He should wear #44 though, imo.

Yeah he'll probably be #42 for now. I'm hoping he'll take #24 eventually as he wore it in junior, it's his dad's number and also Lyle Odelein 's :)

#44 will be Dietz's :nod:

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
Actually, he is a bad fighter. He missed more games injured because bad fights then any other reason.
If we want him to be a top D, he will have to stay clear of fight as much as possible.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
But still, Tinordi is 3-1-1 this year. Not that bad for a 20years old rookie.

He did improved his fighting skills from his junior days, and he will continue to improved them.

I really think the beating he took by Mcguire hurted is fighting development. I hope he don't try to fight a legit heavy because he's not ready right now. I don't want ot see a Archer situation

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Actually, he is a bad fighter. He missed more games injured because bad fights then any other reason.
If we want him to be a top D, he will have to stay clear of fight as much as possible.

Tinordi's biggest strength being as big as he is, is his skating. His balance and strength on his skates are great. While I'll agree he isn't going to be a monster, when he inevitably adds 20lbs. of muscle, the added strength, his reach, and his balance will make him fare much better in fights. He won't be in Gill territory, simply because Gill has poor balance, so that's why you don't see him lay big hits and wreck guys in fights. Guys like Komisarek seem to have the weight, but lack the instinct to really throw 'em, Komi always bearhugged people. You can see from the YT that he doesn't back down or shy away from being an offensive fighter.

His ability to fight won't improve for a while, and I don't think he should fight in his callup, but let's not forget that he needs to fill out his frame before we can truly say he can't fight.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I really like the way Therrien and Bergevin are handling this team. Giving chance to some rookies D to play couples of games in the NHL and get some experience is a good thing.

That shows that the team is really confident that they can bring a rookie in the line up against any teams all the time. Instead of playing Kaberle which would be the easy to go solution. Give some experience to the kids. Couples of games for Pateryn, now Tinordi, maybe he'll stick with the team until Diaz comes back. Who knows? Can't wait to see him play.

Micro management by Bergevin. Getting Ryder and a third round pick for Cole. Bringing the rookies up to give them some "sniff" of the Nhl.

Bergevin is like a chessmaster placing his peons one small move at the time :yo:

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Great news! Tinordi has shattered my expectations this year in Hamilton. He's been great all year, so it's well deserved.

For those asking about his physicality...if you're expecting Pronger, than I think you need to readjust your expectations. Tinordi has been more focused on my playing simple, but yet extremely effective hockey. That doesn't mean that he isn't mean though. Not much of an open ice hitter, but very mean in front of the net and is usually the first guy involved in scrums or standing up for a team mate.

As for the fighting, he has some work to do there. His technique isn't awful, so I think that most of his "issues" are linked to mass. He needs to improve his strength, but that will come as he adds weight. There's certainly potential to be a better fighter, but I don't think he'll ever be as crazy as his father was.

Whether you think Tinordi is a good fighter or a bad one, I think we can all agree on one thing - if he lives up to his potential (top 4, heavy-minute eating defenceman), he shouldn't be sitting in the box for fighting goons anyway. He'll be way too valuable to the team to be doing that.

hogtownhabsfan*

You obviously don't know much about fighting in the sport though. How many rookie pros beat up AHL heavyweights on a regular basis?

Tinordi needs a few years to fill out, and once he does he'll be a legit heavy who can also play 25 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad