Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
And for those who don’t like to come and watch in person, I feel bad you won’t be able to enjoy t length hair night! It’s gonna be a wild scene at canadalife centre!
I prefer being at home only because I’m cheap!
I spend my money on golf only because I have to choose between them.
Mrs. Eye wields a huge iron frying pan :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Aggie204

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Went to a lot of games the first 4-5 seasons of 2.0, didn't like sitting like a sardine in can, I'm a big guy and child size seats don't cut it! But hell yeah, love watching games at home on my big screen!
See, this makes sense to me. The seats are tight. A completely valid reason to skip going in person. When I was in Winnipeg I still liked going to about a half dozen games a year, though, despite the tight quarters. I parked in the surface lot just a block away north of the arena.

Reactions: sipowicz

oldcoot

Jan 25, 2012
For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone would think it would be more convenient to locate an arena anywhere but downtown. There are probably 20 parkades already built within two blocks of the arena, countless surface parking lots, and tons of free on-street parking. Not to mention the fact there's decent bus service for those who don't drive.
No wonder skyscraper page banned him. Lol

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone would think it would be more convenient to locate an arena anywhere but downtown. There are probably 20 parkades already built within two blocks of the arena, countless surface parking lots, and tons of free on-street parking. Not to mention the fact there's decent bus service for those who don't drive.
As you say lots of parking and most indoors. I remember walking through the arctic winds at Polo park to get to old arena....now that was inconvenient!

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
As you say lots of parking and most indoors. I remember walking through the arctic winds at Polo park to get to old arena....now that was inconvenient!
Totally. Those that remember the polo park days know better. Long winter walks past ellice to find your car. Stopping to warm up was the only thing keeping Chi-Chis in business!

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg

I hope the ones saying it should be in the south end aren't the same ones saying IGF shouldn't be in the south end.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Totally. Those that remember the polo park days know better. Long winter walks past ellice to find your car. Stopping to warm up was the only thing keeping Chi-Chis in business!
My dad used to park near Silver on the other side of the tracks (where Best Buy and Canadian Tire are now) and we'd hike across the windswept prairie to the old arena - where we were met with terrible sightlines and the worst quality concessions in Western Civilization.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
Yeah, customer service isn't TNSE's strong suit, it would seem...
That is why they are struggling to fill the arena. I was a STH since 05 (Moose) until 2022 and there was no advantage to the STH other than first rights to your seats for playoffs. The first few years were chaotic. First we couldn't sell our tickets (threatening to take your seats away) then we could sell on their horrible site. Then they contacted (stole) the info of our friends who we sold or gave our tickets to, and sent offers to them directly. Chipman in a recent public statement thanked everyone but their STH's. I was flabbergasted. Yes, the team is also owned by $$$$$$ DT but he didn't become a BILLIONaire by losing money. We currently sit at the top of the league and still are not selling out. I wouldn't be surpized if they leave by 2030.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
We always parked up on Ellice and trekked, no matter the weather, down the tracks and over to the rink. No shelter from the elements on that walk.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
My dad used to park near Silver on the other side of the tracks (where Best Buy and Canadian Tire are now) and we'd hike across the windswept prairie to the old arena - where we were met with terrible sightlines and the worst quality concessions in Western Civilization.
I loved the old arena/stadium site, only a ten minute walk from my house...:thumbu:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

My Dad did the same!

I remember walking around the rail cars.

Reactions: Gm0ney and Jets 31

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I still remember the smell of the old arena. A mixture of popcorn and stale beer. I loved where they were situated(arena and stadium). Im fine with where the arena is now but i absolutely hate where the stadium is. I understand why it was built where it is, but ill never stop hating the location.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
On a related note - are we permitted to sell tickets here on HF?

1. If so, and if anyone wants a pair of P2's for the Islanders game at a solid discount please PM me.
2. If not, can the powers that be delete this post and let me know?

Thx,

m.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I still remember the smell of the old arena. A mixture of popcorn and stale beer. I loved where they were situated(arena and stadium). Im fine with where the arena is now but i absolutely hate where the stadium is. I understand why it was built where it is, but ill never stop hating the location.
Be honest, you missed the troughs!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
As teenagers, we also used to park across the tracks, often in private business' lots.The price was right and we didn't have much money. One freezing cold night after the game we were walking back and saw our car being lifted up, about to be hauled away by Dr Hook. My friend raced toward the guy, whose back was turned and yelled at him to lower the f***g car down. The dude turned around slowly and we got a better look--he was as big as Buff, a bearded monster, with his name sewn into his parka: Tiny. Turns out Tiny was open to a friendly bribe so we got our car back with no loss of life or limb.

Something tells me that Tiny might just have been a young Sipowicz...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hated the upper deck seats, talk about steep and blocked views . I remember those TV screens would be in the way sometimes.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad