Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
11 straight years of sellouts then a pandemic hits ending up with people not having as much extra cash to spend, but yes, were not an nhl city...
....and thats 11 straight years with next to no corporate support. If we had the average 40% that the other Canadian teams enjoy the place would be sold out every night. Drop the other Canadian teams corporate support by 30% and see what their ticket sales would look like. True North has made a pitch to the corporate community this season. We'll see what happens moving forward. Having said that, THE JETS ARE NOT MOVING.

Last edited:

Walkingtalkingeye

Mar 28, 2012
People are still staying away because of leftover anger from the vaccine policy? Good lord, time to move on folks.

I've gone to more games this year than I have in all the previous years combined. There's a few reasons for that. One being I didn't live in Winnipeg til six years ago, the second being that I was perfectly happy continuing to follow my favourite league, the WHL, and never felt the need to follow the Jets. The Ice moved so I got the half season Jets tickets. Everything has been better than expected so far, from prices to customer service from True North. I think some people need to step back from years of aggravation and realize we've got something pretty cool right here. Take the bus if parking is too much. Drink one less beer. Sit in the upper deck if lower bowl costs too much. There are ways to go to games for cheaper if cost is an issue.

I've never been one of those guys who say they have a better time watching at home. I think Winnipeggers are WAY too comfortable staying in their house for six months straight every winter. What kind of life is that? Then again I think hockey is pretty boring on TV so for me it's live or nothing. I rarely watch the away games.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
People are still staying away because of leftover anger from the vaccine policy? Good lord, time to move on folks.

I've gone to more games this year than I have in all the previous years combined. There's a few reasons for that. One being I didn't live in Winnipeg til six years ago, the second being that I was perfectly happy continuing to follow my favourite league, the WHL, and never felt the need to follow the Jets. The Ice moved so I got the half season Jets tickets. Everything has been better than expected so far, from prices to customer service from True North. I think some people need to step back from years of aggravation and realize we've got something pretty cool right here. Take the bus if parking is too much. Drink one less beer. Sit in the upper deck if lower bowl costs too much. There are ways to go to games for cheaper if cost is an issue.

I've never been one of those guys who say they have a better time watching at home. I think Winnipeggers are WAY too comfortable staying in their house for six months straight every winter. What kind of life is that? Then again I think hockey is pretty boring on TV so for me it's live or nothing. I rarely watch the away games.
I agree with most of this except I love hockey in person and TV. I support Jets, Moose by going to a few games to each per year and did the same with the Ice. I don't buy booze at the game (coffee and snacks yes). Parking is amazing indoors for $20, leave parka in car...perfect and worth every penny. To each their own but I love having an NHL team so I support with what I can. I make choices...choose between a restaurant night out or Jets game etc.

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
With the way the team is playing, if we cannot sell out or close to the rest of the way. The optics will not look good on our fanbase/franchise. It seems like the Flyers, Columbus games upcoming have LOTS of tickets still available!!!

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
With the way the team is playing, if we cannot sell out or close to the rest of the way. The optics will not look good on our fanbase/franchise. It seems like the Flyers, Columbus games upcoming have LOTS of tickets still available!!!
Walk-up sales are tough.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If there's ever a time for businesses to step up and snap up some tickets it's now. Team is doing well. People seem to forget the business to fan ratio of season ticket holders in wpg has the largest disparity in Canada with businesses on the low end. Joe fan is definitely being more budget conscious. But businesses definitely need to step up.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If there's ever a time for businesses to step up and snap up some tickets it's now. Team is doing well. People seem to forget the business to fan ratio of season ticket holders in wpg has the largest disparity in Canada with businesses on the low end. Joe fan is definitely being more budget conscious. But businesses definitely need to step up.

Maybe for a lot of businesses it's just not worth the extra paperwork. And when I was still working, and learned that my employer was cracking down on this being a taxable benefit, I would have just said no thanks if offered.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
11 straight years of sellouts then a pandemic hits ending up with people not having as much extra cash to spend, but yes, were not an nhl city...

11 straight years? The team first played in Oct 2011. Pandemic his spring 2020. That would be 9 years of sell-outs prior to the pandemic, if it was accurate, which it isn't. The market was already softening prior to the pandemic, first official non-sell out was Oct 2019, before any pandemic.

Reactions: Buffdog

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
11 straight years? The team first played in Oct 2011. Pandemic his spring 2020. That would be 9 years of sell-outs prior to the pandemic, if it was accurate, which it isn't. The market was already softening prior to the pandemic, first official non-sell out was Oct 2019, before any pandemic.
sell the team I guess
the poor attendance and pandemic was clearly just a coincidence...

Reactions: SLAYER

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

If an organization want to maximize ticket revenue in an NHL-sized building, they should price so there are a few hundred empty seats every game.

IMO True North overcooked that transition because of the pandemic.

Sellouts look great for optics, but only tell the club their prices are too low (If the goal is to maximize ticket revenue).

I'm not sure that should be the goal, but I don't have access to the True North master excel spreadsheet, lol.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Coul jets pair up with Uber and get people a free ride home with a pair of tickets?
That might require a TNSE marketing department that hadn't atrophied to ashes...

They need to realize that just because registering www.DriveTo13000.com in 2011 locked in nearly a decade of sell-outs, it's now past time to gear up and do some real marketing and sales.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
That might require a TNSE marketing department that hadn't atrophied to ashes...

They need to realize that just because registering www.DriveTo13000.com in 2011 locked in nearly a decade of sell-outs, it's now past time to gear up and do some real marketing and sales.

There was basically no need to market anything until 2023 - Even 2022 was a tough case considering you were still post-pandemic,. Not a surprise to me they've been caught flat-footed.

Couple easy ideas for me

1) Much better season ticket perks - Just having the tickets themselves isn't enough nowadays, like it was for the first decade.

2) Better integrated public transit on game days - I've been to plenty of Jets games via bus, but only when it was on one of the two or three actually well-served lines in WPG. (Downtown-North, and Downtown-U of M) - Can't imagine it's a possibility for most of the rest of the city.

I also think the WHL leaving the city was a big positive for the Jets, and we're finally starting to see that now.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
It is interesting to see resale market prices for the game vs. Chicago falling off now that the one guy who brought some sizzle to the away team won't be there...

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
More interestingly however, is the lack of paying customers buying tickets for a #1 team in the league, with a supposed rabid hockey fan base in Canada. Middle of January, cold, nothing better to do.

My guess for attendances:
Columbus 13,900
Chicago 14,700
Philadelphia 14,800

Maybe we'll sell out when it warms up! lol

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
More interestingly however, is the lack of paying customers buying tickets for a #1 team in the league, with a supposed rabid hockey fan base in Canada. Middle of January, cold, nothing better to do.

My guess for attendances:
Columbus 13,900
Chicago 14,700
Philadelphia 14,800

Maybe we'll sell out when it warms up! lol
Takes much more to win back a customer than it does to retain one. It'll take a long time to turn the ship around. The problem was never really the quality of the team on the ice.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
If the team continues to perform with the entertaining and successful brand they are putting on the ice I can envision the rink being sold out most nights after the all star break if not from now. Success brings a lot of casual fans back to the rink.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad