Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
If businesses could scoop up just 1000 more season tickets , Jets would be in a better place. To me that is the difference right now. Joe fan has done their part - more than any other canadian team by comparison.

Agreed. But, what if the business can't/won't step up? This could become problematic, glaring over our recent run of success. I don't believe we'll lose the team, but perhaps we may become less competitive in the future, due to high player salary costs and lower revenues.

But who knows. Curious if we have games in the playoffs with empty seats, would look awkward seeing blue seats in a sea of white o_O

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Agreed. But, what if the business can't/won't step up? This could become problematic, glaring over our recent run of success. I don't believe we'll lose the team, but perhaps we may become less competitive in the future, due to high player salary costs and lower revenues.

But who knows. Curious if we have games in the playoffs with empty seats, would look awkward seeing blue seats in a sea of white o_O
Zero chance playoff games aren't all sellouts. People aren't going to games now because they're saving up for the ridiculous cost of four rounds of playoffs.

lotwwpg

Jan 10, 2024
I got season tickets, and I'm putting some cash to the side to buy some playoff tickets. I share these season tickets with some people, so I won't be able to use them. So, ya, I'm holding out a bit.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
IF the arena was in south Winnipeg or an area with ample parking and not downtown the arena would be full!

Taking public transit in this city is a no go for the majority despite what morons on skyscraper page think!

Downtown Winnipeg and Winnipeg Transit is not 2012 or even 2018, there really is no reason to now be downtown from a safety standpoint!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya know that hadn't occurred to me, but maybe I should hold off on spontaneous ticket splurges now in anticipation of a playoff run, haha
The cost of playoff tickets has certainly occurred to me. I'm part of a ST group and pay my fair share to support the team throughout the season. As much as I'm looking forward to a long playoff run, the costs get quite heavy, and for most of us have to be budgeted for.

Reactions: Jets 31

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
IF the arena was in south Winnipeg or an area with ample parking and not downtown the arena would be full!

Taking public transit in this city is a no go for the majority despite what morons on skyscraper page think!

Downtown Winnipeg and Winnipeg Transit is not 2012 or even 2018, there really is no reason to now be downtown from a safety standpoint!
Sounds like Ottawa and Arizona.

Reactions: SCP Guy

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

Sounds like you guys need a monorail….wait, that’s more of an Ogdenville idea….

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

lol. There is ample parking downtown, what are you talking about.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I know there is all this talk around cost but I know lots of people that dropped season tickets that have the money.
The constant theme from them; their ticket rep was not very accommodating and seems to lack customer service and loyalty.
Second, they seem to lack the time to go to games due to family commitments with their kids.
There are many factors why games arent sold out and money only being one of them. I’ve been to two games, had a blast. Would like to go to more, but life is also busy.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
lol. There is ample parking downtown, what are you talking about.
You like walking back in the dark a kilometer park to a dark parking lot?

I know there is all this talk around cost but I know lots of people that dropped season tickets that have the money.
The constant theme from them; their ticket rep was not very accommodating and seems to lack customer service and loyalty.
Second, they seem to lack the time to go to games due to family commitments with their kids.
There are many factors why games arent sold out and money only being one of them. I’ve been to two games, had a blast. Would like to go to more, but life is also busy.
Jets offer nothing in the way of promo's and freebies to the season ticket holders, a crummy lounge and 10% of overpriced food and drinks doesn't cut it anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: imec and Eyeseeing

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
You like walking back in the dark a kilometer park to a dark parking lot?

Jets offer nothing in the way of promo's and freebies to the season ticket holders, a crummy lounge and 10% of overpriced food and drinks doesn't cut it anymore!
A kilometre in the dark?!?! This leads me to believe that you haven’t been to games…. Ever? Perhaps making up excuses for really really liking your sofa and big screen. That’s also a legitimate reason to not go. No need to make stuff up.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

There is an endless amount of parking downtown in all price categories. Anywhere from outside and free if you go early, to indoor heated meters away from the arena.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
There is an endless amount of parking downtown in all price categories. Anywhere from outside and free if you go early, to indoor heated meters away from the arena.
I struggle to see how you could park in a spot that isn’t immediately accessible by skywalks or a quick walk across a street from a skywalk exit.

Reactions: JetsNut and cbcwpg

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yes you can park anywhere.
Parkades are mostly linked by skywalk.
They ain’t cheap and neither are the tickets.
Sip isn’t wrong about long hikes to some surface lots.
The arena itself is “ tight “
The seats are tight, legroom even for small people like myself is tight.
The concourse is not enjoyable at intermission.
TNSE wants their cake and eat it too.
I feel bad for the die hard STH in all this.
I guess we’ll find out in time if this really is a real NHL market.
Lots of gloating in the beginning , not so much now.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
A kilometre in the dark?!?! This leads me to believe that you haven’t been to games…. Ever? Perhaps making up excuses for really really liking your sofa and big screen. That’s also a legitimate reason to not go. No need to make stuff up.
Went to a lot of games the first 4-5 seasons of 2.0, didn't like sitting like a sardine in can, I'm a big guy and child size seats don't cut it! But hell yeah, love watching games at home on my big screen!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's a real NHL market. Not the fans fault about arena size etc. We are a small city and can only do so much...be happy we have a team and ok arena.
I would like a mansion to live in but it is not realistic so I'm happy in my little bungalow 😁
For those who like to go and do support it financially, my respects to you.
I hope it works out for those true diehards.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad