Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
My family and I make over the median household income and life feels like death by a thousand cuts financially. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has gone up. Went and bought a stick of deodorant and it was almost $10.

Inflation is kicking out butts and results in us not having nearly as much play money so tickets are low on the list, likely the same scenario for many.
What the hell kind of deodorant are you getting!? You can still find cheap pit stick on sale at places like Walmart Superstore for $3.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
What the hell kind of deodorant are you getting!? You can still find cheap pit stick on sale at places like Walmart Superstore for $3.

If you luck into a good sale at Walmart then yes, maybe you can find it for $2.99. But take a look at places like Shoppers Drug Mart, the normal price is literally now like $7.99, $8.99, it's crazy.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I went tobogganing with my kid and his friends by my house yesterday and the went to the arena to watch 10 year olds play.

My kids had far more fun watching the game and playing in the stands then they would’ve at any NHL game.

The parents enjoyed it as well just chitchatting the whole time. $3 French fries and $1.50 drinks.
Was going to go and see Kane Brown but decided against it because I can go to a school Christmas concert for $2, and after all music is all the same right!:sarcasm:

wraithsonwings

Honour The Past
Sponsor
Mar 19, 2019
Winnipeg
If you luck into a good sale at Walmart then yes, maybe you can find it for $2.99. But take a look at places like Shoppers Drug Mart, the normal price is literally now like $7.99, $8.99, it's crazy.
Shoppers' regular prices are always expensive. Have been since I worked there 10 years ago. My 30% staff discount just brought them in line with places like Walmart. You only go there for sale items, which can be good deals.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Found the unscented stuff I like at superstore for $3. Bought 4 sticks

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Who the f*** uses deodorant anymore? Save a bundle, and let your musk shine.

🐻

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Quite a few tickets were at reduced prices. Not that that is a bad thing; just some context.

I received an offer for $30 for upper deck tickets for the Sens game (weekday).

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
There has been all sorts of deals the past few months for the cheaper seats in the upper deck corners and upper deck endzones. I remember a special I received in an email for cheap upcoming tues games where you could get an upper deck endzone seat plus a beer for $49 plus taxes. I just received an email for 4 upcoming games with $60 upper deck seats, including the Tampa game. Works out to $68 after tax.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Man it’s just laughable. Before there were deals on tickets the narrative is that TNSE was greedy and out of touch with the common Winnipegger. Now they discount them and it’s somehow negative? LOL.

It's awesome. Who knew that all we had to do to get a price break on overpriced upper bowl tickets was to just stop buying them lol

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Cheap tickets for jets games (above). That said, Canucks tickets are almost the same price.(below) that said the Canucks blow this year

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I just received an email that offers up to 12% of tickets to all the remaining games. I'm not sure if that includes all price ranges.

They also continue to offer the Tuesday night deals for cheap seats that includes a beer for $49.99.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Who the f*** uses deodorant anymore? Save a bundle, and let your musk shine.

🐻

A great asset with COVID still running rampant, to force people to social distance.

That is also somewhat\ playing a part in attendance I would think.

for sure, who the hell wants to pack in elbow to elbow with 15000 people not wearing deodorant.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
True North is missing out on a costco party pack here

No joke

stars-tickets-at-costco-v0-hcfqldhzyrw91.jpg

spotted-at-the-costco-closest-to-the-prudential-center-90-v0-su8ev0psxs5a1.jpg

NetsIslandersCostco.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

Ad

Upcoming events