Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If the Jets think this year was tough, they are in for a real rude awakening next year after the way this team has imploded down the stretch. They were struggling to sell tickets when the team was firing on all cylinders to start the year, try convincing people to pay big money to watch this lifeless hockey that they are playing now and getting people to commit to watching it for an entire year.

Reactions: DRW204 and Zippity

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Figured this thread needed a bump considering the Jets are laying out a new season ticket incentive program.

Here's the raw press release:

MEDIA RELEASE: TRUE NORTH SPORTS + ENTERTAINMENT
Jets launch Forever Winnipeg campaign

Largest Season Ticket Member sales drive since
team’s return in 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WINNIPEG, April 11, 2023 – The Winnipeg Jets kick off their Forever Winnipeg campaign today in support of the team’s 2023-24 season ticket drive with a 90-second promotional video that debuted at a Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce luncheon and which will air during tonight’s Winnipeg Jets at Minnesota Wild game at 8 p.m. CT on TSN3.

Narrated by Winnipeg native Kenny Omega, the video was created by the Winnipeg Jets' in-house content and marketing teams. It asks, “Is Winnipeg an NHL City?” The answer lies within the collective act of will that brought the NHL back in 2011 and the strong community of fans that continue to answer a resounding “Yes, Winnipeg IS an NHL City.” The spot hearkens back to the time when it was fans who fuelled the return of the Jets to Winnipeg, and reinforces that so long as fans are in Canada Life Centre cheering on their team, the Winnipeg Jets will be in Winnipeg forever. Filled with rich visuals of passionate fans across Jets eras, unforgettable game moments and iconic Manitoba landmarks, the video unites generations past, present and future.

In the coming weeks, fans will see additional elements of the campaign including billboards and digital advertising that focus on four main themes: Family, Community, Memories and Pride. Fans will be directed to visit ForeverWinnipeg.ca and sign up to receive more information about Season Ticket Member packages for the 2023-24 season.

Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket Members enjoy:

Exclusive Playoff pre-sale access
Annual renewals
Flexible interest-free payment options
Ticket savings up to 26 percent over single game tickets
Up to 25 percent off food and beverage
20 percent savings at Jets Gear and TrueNorthShop.com
Exciting gifts and exclusive events
Season Ticket Member-only contests and rewards in the Official App of the Winnipeg Jets
New ticket swap program
Access to TM+, an enhanced and safe ticket resale platform

For more information on Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket Membership and the Forever Winnipeg campaign, please visit ForeverWinnipeg.ca."

EDIT: I personally have many thoughts on this program from a comms perspective, but that's pointless when I feel it doesn't address my concerns as a potential season ticket holder.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
My main concerns as a potential season ticket holder are related to transit infrastructure in Winnipeg, an enjoyable in-game experience and team quality.

I'd also love to see regular season games matter more, but that's a question for the NHL, not the Jets.

The only concrete thing that interests me as a potential ST holder is the 25 per cent off concessions.

Saying you'll have season ticket holder events is all well and good, but I haven't seen a single event that interests me when my family had tickets.

In saying all that, I have attended 136+ sporting events since Sept, and the plurality of them were hockey games, with zero jets games, so it's not like I'd be able to buy NHL season tickets.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. This is a business , not a charity, and filling the building is the best way to have a healthy business. I don't see it as some kind of threat, but of reality.

Granted TNSE has made mistakes and taken it's fan base for granted, but I think they might be realizing that now, and we will see what steps they take to alleviate that.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As a former season ticket holder who gave them up over time and money concerns (and is now in a position both finacially and with my schedule to become one again), that isn't luring me back

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
at first i loved it. i even commented on it . then i finished it and i realized it was them putting a gun to the heads of winnipeg fans. buy tickets or else. nicely masked, of course

Reactions: jungles

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
I guess when you are unsuccessful in attracting fans to a poor product and poor experience you resort to playing the "show up or we'll leave again" card. To be clear, I'm a season ticket holder and will continue to support, but they are failing at the fan experience. More often than not, the product is lazy - which has been confirmed as lack of effort by the head coach. Secondly, where's the perks? The listed benefits aren't great selling points. And that "special gift" we waited 2 years for wasn't really very special. It feels like we get negative value as we pay for pre-season games we don't want and people can get single game tickets cheaper than my discount. The good giveaways (bobbleheads, etc) are given to every fan, season holder or not. Do better Jets...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly once again this org misses the plot. It's really simple, put a good and exciting product on the ice and fans will show up and spend money.

I'm also a seat holder but outside of the first half of this year the team hasn't been watchable for a good 3 to 4 years now.

If anything Jets fans have been too patient with the org dragging its feet on disjointed play, troubled dressing rooms and dysfunction.

I honestly don't give two shits about perks, I just care about the product. Once the Bombers fixed that they started to excel with regards to fan engagement and retention.

That is the first thing the Jets should address not guilt tripping their fans into buying tickets. Its time Chipman treated the culture and expectations of the club seriously and started to demand excellence and results from his hockey opps team. Stop insulting the intelligence of the fans.

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
I'm a little shocked at the seemingly large number of fans that are demanding a contender every year.... This is the smallest market in the league and often on players no-trade lists. The expectation that we'll have a contending team year in and year out is not based in reality unfortunately.

Agree with the frustration around a lack of accountability in the organization though. There is definitely such a thing as being too loyal. ST holders should also be getting some better perks, the in-game experience could improve (seems like they have been making some gains on this lately though).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm a little shocked at the seemingly large number of fans that are demanding a contender every year.... This is the smallest market in the league and often on players no-trade lists. The expectation that we'll have a contending team year in and year out is not based in reality unfortunately.

Agree with the frustration around a lack of accountability in the organization though. There is definitely such a thing as being too loyal. ST holders should also be getting some better perks, the in-game experience could improve (seems like they have been making some gains on this lately though).

I'm not demanding a contender every year, I recognize the realities of that in a 32 team league.

What I want is a proactive org that exercises any option to improve. An org that isn't content to keep a group and staff around that is spinning its wheels and playing apathetic hockey on the ice for years before it gets addressed. What other org in this league keeps things status quo when things aren't working.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I'm less concerned about the on ice product and more concerned about how TNSE has treated its season ticket base

They've taken every opportunity to squeeze every penny out of it via ticket price and concession cost increases and backing it up with shit customer service. We've been taken for granted.

Times are tough for lots of people. Maybe at least acknowledge that before tossing veiled threats at us

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm less concerned about the on ice product and more concerned about how TNSE has treated its season ticket base

They've taken every opportunity to squeeze every penny out of it via ticket price and concession cost increases and backing it up with shit customer service. We've been taken for granted.

Times are tough for lots of people. Maybe at least acknowledge that before tossing veiled threats at us

This is another good point. We are coming out of a pandemic/recession that economically impacted a lot of people. Once more we are in a period of hyper inflation where things are really tough. Perhaps it would have been smarter to let things level out for a year or two before getting on people. Attendance is soft across the board for the NHL this year.

Last edited:

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Chipman has already made over $500 million from the Jets. Why can't he take the loss?
Is he taking a loss? I feel like the Winnipeg Jets have been a financial windfall for him and true north. I'm really uncomfortable with the team already threatening to move because of ticket sales. I kind of felt like this is coming too, because ticket sales have lagged a little, but it's been a pretty tough economy and it's only get a tougher. Do we really have to live under the shroud of the Jets leaving again? I feel like it's really heavy-handed from ownership who have enriched themselves with our money

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have been a STH since day one and will continue again next season. Many of the suggestions that I have made to improve the STH experience have actually happened as I continually steer my rep and all feedback I have with the team in the direction of what the Preds do for STH.

STH discount has risen, the ability to trade seats to games that you can’t attend is being introduced, the ability to buy tickets is any section to any game at season ticket holder prices is awesome. These were suggestions that I had made. I also suggested selling wine at more than the hard booze bar that seems to have worked out as I see many fans with a glass of wine now. Many other fans must have had the same suggestions and/or the Jets are actually looking at what other franchises/ venues are doing.

When I became a STH I said that I would be happy with a .500 home record. I admit I am a Jets fan but I am also an NHL fan. I love watching McDavid, Crosby etc… play hockey in downtown Winnipeg.

Is there room for improvement? Yes, lots. As I get older I am looking for different things than chugging back a bunch of beer and chanting Go Jets Go.

I had the pretzel bites last night and they were horrible. The signage at the food kiosk outside my section says Ice Cream. There has been no Ice Cream available all season and I have let the Jets know about the misleading signage.

My next suggestion is food and beverage delivery service in the entire 100 sections. I was just at the Leafs and Raptors games and this was a great feature. I was up and running on the app and ordering in less than 5 minutes.

The current food and beverage discount does not extend to wine and some other items. Basically just beer, popcorn and pizza. That can be improved.

Lots of room for improvement but it is getting better than just being lucky to be a SSH with no real perks otherwise.

I am not a fan of GIST of the new marketing campaign. Increase perks and make SSH feel special goes a long way.

I will now fill out my Jets game day survey from today.

Go Jets Go

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Geez, at least Calgary and Edmonton ask for a new arena when they threaten to move the team.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but I can imagine it is difficult to justify spending so much on a team when they don't give a damn for half the year. If we were seeing consistent efforts most night, then it would be an entertaining product at least.

How about you treat your ST holders exceptionally well? Make it 50% discount on food and beverages - a well fed and hydrated fan base is likely also a lively one. Maybe discounted parking? Discounts at other TNSE owned businesses? Last I heard, the Jets points program was also horrible.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. This is a business , not a charity, and filling the building is the best way to have a healthy business. I don't see it as some kind of threat, but of reality.

Granted TNSE has made mistakes and taken it's fan base for granted, but I think they might be realizing that now, and we will see what steps they take to alleviate that.
I disagree with this especially on the business piece.

You can't come to the table with a product that is struggling and make absolutely NO value offering.

Pretty ridiculous for TNSE to constantly tell the market what it needs from them but offer basically nothing beyond the absolute basic in terms of their product. The entitlement will doom the organization in the long-term. A lot of people realized that during the honeymoon, waitlist phase of the relocation to Winnipeg. TNSE is extremely out of touch with their own fans.

Geez, at least Calgary and Edmonton ask for a new arena when they threaten to move the team.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but I can imagine it is difficult to justify spending so much on a team when they don't give a damn for half the year. If we were seeing consistent efforts most night, then it would be an entertaining product at least.

How about you treat your ST holders exceptionally well? Make it 50% discount on food and beverages - a well fed and hydrated fan base is likely also a lively one. Maybe discounted parking? Discounts at other TNSE owned businesses? Last I heard, the Jets points program was also horrible.
Yeah when your innovation is a $13 bowl of tots covered in slop you have a lot of work to do in marketing events.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

50% is steep but 25% would be a good start. Parking I don't think they could do - they don't own most of the buildings people park at, I don't believe.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad