OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's freezing in my house. I think I'm going to have to turn on heat for the first time of the season. It might drop below 40 degrees tonight.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It's freezing in my house. I think I'm going to have to turn on heat for the first time of the season. It might drop below 40 degrees tonight.
Today we have central heating turned on. There comes a time when we have to walk around the house in our underpants again. the coldest time of the year is May and September. While there are not heating and it is not warm on the street.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
One more bit of useless information

Akshara Vijay pulled off a major upset in the women's senior recurve division at the Nationals. She is now in a prime spot to make the US Olympic Team. Akshsra is a member of my rrchery club Waxibo Archers. So I'll be rooting hard for her.

She has a great name for a competitor. Her last name literally means "victory" in several Indian languages.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I did a colonoscopy today. Without anesthesia. Anastasia wasn't there either. In short, poor women. It was hard for me. I was given a thin tube of adventure for 15 minutes, and women have to pass a whole child through themselves for several hours. I admire their courage, bravery and patience.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I did a colonoscopy today. Without anesthesia. Anastasia wasn't there either. In short, poor women. It was hard for me. I was given a thin tube of adventure for 15 minutes, and women have to pass a whole child through themselves for several hours. I admire their courage, bravery and patience.
I'm glad you are safe and past the pain. That sounds awful. They didn't have any painkillers?

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I'm glad you are safe and past the pain. That sounds awful. They didn't have any painkillers?
You should do it with empty stomach, no food, no water. They offer anesthesia, but I don't wanna do it if I can. Yeah, that wasn't very fun experience. It's not expensive - 50 $ for colonoskopy and 50 bucks for anesthesia. I could make it free, but I wanted to make it closer to my home and in time I wanted. Goverment clinics are good, but there are queues, in general, everything happens according to the rules and decisions from clinic side, and not according to my request. Having both free medicine and a wide market of affordable medical services is certainly nice. But colonoscopy without anesthesia isn't certainly nice. If you are not afraid of anesthesia as I am, I recommend using it.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
You should do it with empty stomach, no food, no water. They offer anesthesia, but I don't wanna do it if I can. Yeah, that wasn't very fun experience. It's not expensive - 50 $ for colonoskopy and 50 bucks for anesthesia. I could make it free, but I wanted to make it closer to my home and in time I wanted. Goverment clinics are good, but there are queues, in general, everything happens according to the rules and decisions from clinic side, and not according to my request. Having both free medicine and a wide market of affordable medical services is certainly nice. But colonoscopy without anesthesia isn't certainly nice. If you are not afraid of anesthesia as I am, I recommend using it.
You are incredibly tough and incredibly brave.

Reactions: Guadana

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just want to say how much I love wool. Put on a pair of Darn Tough socks this morning and wool is just wonderful.

There are a ton of space aged synthetics that are lighter and even warmer. .but wool just hugs you in a comforting embrace. I also love the fact that it has inherent microbial properties that keep stink away.

Just wonderful stuff...I always look forward to the day I can put on my Filson Mackinaw jacket. I've had this jacket for 25 years now.

Screenshot_20231011-131118_1.png

I have a pair of pants to match but I'm too fat to fit in them now

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I just want to say how much I love wool. Put on a pair of Darn Tough socks this morning and wool is just wonderful.

There are a ton of space aged synthetics that are lighter and even warmer. .but wool just hugs you in a comforting embrace. I also love the fact that it has inherent microbial properties that keep stink away.

Just wonderful stuff...I always look forward to the day I can put on my Filson Mackinaw jacket. I've had this jacket for 25 years now.

View attachment 751053

I have a pair of pants to match but I'm too fat to fit in them now

Is your wife jealous of your relationship with wool?

Reactions: Guadana and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I missed this conversation. Wow that sounds horrible.

Hope you are doing well

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I missed this conversation. Wow that sounds horrible.

Hope you are doing well
Im fine, thank you. I am very afraid of the consequences of using drugs that knock out a person, and I always think it's better to resort to such things last. And I'm also generally quite patient with pain. Im thinking about pain as a thing I should have to know that I need to fix something. Feedback from my body. But I really expected less than I got. Also, as it turned out, my guts turned out to be longer than average, which is why the procedure took longer. But it was not in vain.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Im fine, thank you. I am very afraid of the consequences of using drugs that knock out a person, and I always think it's better to resort to such things last. And I'm also generally quite patient with pain. Im thinking about pain as a thing I should have to know that I need to fix something. Feedback from my body. But I really expected less than I got. Also, as it turned out, my guts turned out to be longer than average, which is why the procedure took longer. But it was not in vain.
Well I am going to have the same procedure after the New Year or maybe at the end of this year.

This will be my 3rd time. I have always had drugs. Apparently it's not "full" anesthesia. While I don't remember it my doctor tells me that I talk through the whole thing. I don't know the drug they use but you're not totally knocked out like a surgery. The first time I was very nervous but the anesthesiologist was very patient and kind, he explained everything...I remember he said, "besides you are in the best place if anything were to go wrong...a building full of doctors and medical equipment". Then he hooked up my IV to the anesthesia bag and said you're going to feel a warm wave count backwards from 10 out loud...I remember just barely getting out 7 I'm not sure if I actually fully got out 7 it might have been just the S sound.

I had an invasive/cutting surgery 2 years ago will full anesthesia. That was rough. Waking up I was a lot more out of it and slow to gain my facilities. Of course being cut open made the waking more difficult too.

But I didn't mind the colonoscopy/endoscopy anesthesia. The only part that I don't like is the IV that they put in on the top of my hand. That is very uncomfortable and hurts a bit.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Well I am going to have the same procedure after the New Year or maybe at the end of this year.

This will be my 3rd time. I have always had drugs. Apparently it's not "full" anesthesia. While I don't remember it my doctor tells me that I talk through the whole thing. I don't know the drug they use but you're not totally knocked out like a surgery. The first time I was very nervous but the anesthesiologist was very patient and kind, he explained everything...I remember he said, "besides you are in the best place if anything were to go wrong...a building full of doctors and medical equipment". Then he hooked up my IV to the anesthesia bag and said you're going to feel a warm wave count backwards from 10 out loud...I remember just barely getting out 7 I'm not sure if I actually fully got out 7 it might have been just the S sound.

I had an invasive/cutting surgery 2 years ago will full anesthesia. That was rough. Waking up I was a lot more out of it and slow to gain my facilities. Of course being cut open made the waking more difficult too.

But I didn't mind the colonoscopy/endoscopy anesthesia. The only part that I don't like is the IV that they put in on the top of my hand. That is very uncomfortable and hurts a bit.
I think they call that "twilight" anesthesia?

Reactions: JimEIV and Guadana

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Any cologne enthusiasts on here? There simply isn't a better fall/winter scent than Dior Sauvage. Actually, it's hard to find a better cologne period. For the money though, you can't go wrong with Aqua Di Gio

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Is that the Johnny Depp stuff? I'm not sure about that commercial.

It is but it's actually worth buying. Insane compliment getter.

If you don't want to support Johnny Depp or if you just dislike the commercial though you could get 'Shock' by Calvin Klein - which might be a bit heavier on the nose but still is an insane bargain cologne. I'm also a big fan of most of the John Varvatos line. Boozy, Tabacco-y and leathery.

IF that's not your bag and you want something more neutral- Individual by Mont Blanc. 20 dollars and it's like this fresh out of the shower, laundry & very fresh type vibe.

Or you know, Cool Water always works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad