OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It is but it's actually worth buying. Insane compliment getter.

If you don't want to support Johnny Depp or if you just dislike the commercial though you could get 'Shock' by Calvin Klein - which might be a bit heavier on the nose but still is an insane bargain cologne. I'm also a big fan of most of the John Varvatos line. Boozy, Tabacco-y and leathery.

IF that's not your bag and you want something more neutral- Individual by Mont Blanc. 20 dollars and it's like this fresh out of the shower, laundry & very fresh type vibe.

Or you know, Cool Water always works.

I’m not for or against Depp individually. I just thought the commercials were too indulgent of him. I don’t think Wild Thjng and rock star when I see him. Thanks for the tip it’s always great to have some real world reviews of what works for people. I’ll have to run it by my wife.

Reactions: Guadana

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cologne always comes off as too cloying a smell for me.

Of course, I’m probably the last person in the western hemisphere who is still buying Brut, so I’m one to talk.
I like Brut

Used to wear it all the time, but haven’t really seen it around in a long time. I had a stick of it about five years ago and that was the first time I had used it in quite a while.

I would get some today if I saw it where I get my deodorant. It’s probably around, I just don’t notice it.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I can't do perfumes ...none of them.

They kill me.

it's offensive...

i dont need to smell someone's crap in public when they decide to 'spritz' all over themselves for whatever f***ing reason these people do it for.

shit gives me headaches fast

the worst morons fill up a whole room as soon as they walk in......and not shitting, one time a guy showed up to work to do a concrete job and reeked like an over compensating euro trash dbag.

grab the shovel and dig was all he needed to do

Last edited:
Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
it's offensive...

i dont need to smell someone's crap in public when they decide to 'spritz' all over themselves for whatever f***ing reason these people do it for.

shit gives me headaches fast

the worst morons fill up a whole room as soon as they walk in......and not shitting, one time a guy showed up to work to do a concrete job and reeked like an over compensating euro trash dbag.

grab the shovel and dig was all he needed to do
That's funny...my dad is a plumber and I have been on a lot of job sites. My dad would make fun of that person relentlessly. Probably getting the electricians and carpenters to join in too.

But for me everything has to be unscented. My deodorant is Sure unscented, my shampoo is unscented from Neutrogena , my clothing detergent is All Free Clear, my soap is Dove unscented.

Perfumes literally make sick. Even those dryer sheets will make itch and breakout in a rash.

When I was in highschool I used to work at Garden State Mall and there was an entrance near Macy's perfume counter. I would avoid parking in that section of the mall so I didn't have to walk by the perfume booth and the sales people spraying samples all over the place.

Cleaning products are really bad.
Can't even go near the detergent aisle in the supermarket... I'm ruined for the day if I happen to get in an elevator with someone over perfumed.

It's made wife's life hell... every thing she buys she has to let me smell test, make-up, moisturizer, sunscreen. She's knows what will bother me now for the most part.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That's funny...my dad is a plumber and I have been on a lot of job sites. My dad would make fun of that person relentlessly. Probably getting the electricians and carpenters to join in too.

But for me everything has to be unscented. My deodorant is Sure unscented, my shampoo is unscented from Neutrogena , my clothing detergent is All Free Clear, my soap is Dove unscented.

Perfumes literally make sick. Even those dryer sheets will make itch and breakout in a rash.

When I was in highschool I used to work at Garden State Mall and there was an entrance near Macy's perfume counter. I would avoid parking in that section of the mall so I didn't have to walk by the perfume booth and the sales people spraying samples all over the place.

Cleaning products are really bad.
Can't even go near the detergent aisle in the supermarket... I'm ruined for the day if I happen to get in an elevator with someone over perfumed.

It's made wife's life hell... every thing she buys she has to let me smell test, make-up, moisturizer, sunscreen. She's knows what will bother me now for the most part.

i havent used deodorant since the early 90s... rashes

but you speak of the elevator.... i've walked out before i even got in a few times in my life due to some gilligan's island lovey

but on a more jovial note.....

i talked about the 'delorian cloud' before ... imagine the sick thrill of using an elevator with no one on it and filling it with flatulence. after you leave the fart travels both space and time...

and ruins someone's lunch

• Haha
Reactions: Patrik26

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i havent used deodorant since the early 90s... rashes

but you speak of the elevator.... i've walked out before i even got in a few times in my life due to some gilligan's island lovey

but on a more jovial note.....

i talked about the 'delorian cloud' before ... imagine the sick thrill of using an elevator with no one on it and filling it with flatulence. after you leave the fart travels both space and time...

and ruins someone's lunch
Magic flatulence elevator?

Were you tripping?

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I like Brut

Used to wear it all the time, but haven’t really seen it around in a long time. I had a stick of it about five years ago and that was the first time I had used it in quite a while.

I would get some today if I saw it where I get my deodorant. It’s probably around, I just don’t notice it.
I used to use Brut deodorant in a can for years. Howver, when using it there was a small white plastic circle thingy where the deodorant came out of the black nozzle, Anyway the little white circle thingy started coming off the nozzles all the time when you were spraying it so as you couldn't use it. I actually still have about 5 cans of it without the little white circle thingy in my bathroom closet still.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
f*** perfume and cologne.... these lyrics hit harder

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you

Ooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
And one more drink fool, will drown you

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes
Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Hey, you're a fool, you
Go on stick them needles in your arm

I know I been there before

One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Hey, you're a fool, you
Go on stick those needles in your arm
You're just a fool, just a fool, just a fool

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f*** perfume and cologne.... these lyrics hit harder

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
And one more drink fool, will drown you

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes
Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Hey, you're a fool, you
Go on stick them needles in your arm

I know I been there before

One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks

Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell

Hey, you're a fool, you
Go on stick those needles in your arm
You're just a fool, just a fool, just a fool

I went like 30-something years thinking this was a first hand account of drug usage, but the story was apparently that it was just one of the band members that was so f***ed up with drugs and he was crashing cars and doing stupid shit cause of his drug addiction, and that the entire band weren’t a bunch of junkies.

I also went a long time being under the impression that Axl was also dancing with Mr Brownstone. Axl also kind of looked like a junkie. But it turns out that Axl was not a heroin user and those lyrics were actually written by Slash and “We” who were dancing with Mr. Brownstone were pretty much just Slash and Izzy Stradlin.

I know a guy (he’s a friend of the family of one of my friends) that used to live in LA in the 80’s and hung out with Steve Jones who was really bad on heroin at the time. This guy didn’t do heroin or anything. I don’t even think he drank. But he had stories about how Izzy would come over and both him and Steve Jones would both shoot up bags and bags at a time. And he’d split after that because of it and because he didn’t like Izzy at all. Apparently Steve Jones was so broke at the time and spent all his money on H. He must have had Sex Pistols royalties, but I guess every penny that wasn’t spent on the rent and utilities went to drugs. And probably some of the rent money went to drugs also and he’d get evicted.

He had nothing but nice things to say about Steve Jones, but that Izzy was a toxic piece of shit and he’s glad Izzy is nothing at this point and GNR has nothing to do with him. Unless they have occasionally brought him in recently. I don’t follow them, but I know Axl finally started playing and touring with Slash and Duff again for the last decade or so.

I’m not sure if all these Steve Jones and Izzy adventures were going on before GNR were a band, but I don’t think they had blown up just yet. I think these stories were circa 1985/1986.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I can't do perfumes ...none of them.

They kill me.
Not using perfume and deodorant too. Bears can find me on the street. I don't know, not a fan, I don't like flavors in food(mostly), some years ago I tried to buy and sell them, worked with them a lot. And even before I didn't use perfume- they are giving more than I would prefer to smell.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Screenshot_20231015-103232_1.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
85/86 my drug of choice was Gatorgum.

And if you never tried Gatorgum by Gatorade, you don't know what you've been missing. The first couple of chews were so tart your eyes would water. All my friends would stand around to watch each other's faces for the first couple of chews...the intensity of the sourness was the thrill. It was easily the most repulsive thing I regularly put in my mouth.

The good thing was after the first 4 or 5 chews then the flavor was nearly all gone.

Based on the "reviews" from Reddit in this article, I don't think the reviewers remember the gum...if your first description isn't regarding the eye-watering, tongue-curling tartness, you either never tried Gatorgum or you just don't remember it.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
85/86 my drug of choice was Gatorgum.

And if you never tried Gatorgum by Gatorade, you don't know what you've been missing. The first couple of chews were so tart your eyes would water. All my friends would stand around to watch each other's faces for the first couple of chews...the intensity of the sourness was the thrill. It was easily the most repulsive thing I regularly put in my mouth.

The good thing was after the first 4 or 5 chews then the flavor was nearly all gone.

Based on the "reviews" from Reddit in this article, I don't think the reviewers remember the gum...if your first description isn't regarding the eye-watering, tongue-curling tartness, you either never tried Gatorgum or you just don't remember it.

have you ever tried thirlls gum?....now that's a classic

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I went like 30-something years thinking this was a first hand account of drug usage, but the story was apparently that it was just one of the band members that was so f***ed up with drugs and he was crashing cars and doing stupid shit cause of his drug addiction, and that the entire band weren’t a bunch of junkies.

I also went a long time being under the impression that Axl was also dancing with Mr Brownstone. Axl also kind of looked like a junkie. But it turns out that Axl was not a heroin user and those lyrics were actually written by Slash and “We” who were dancing with Mr. Brownstone were pretty much just Slash and Izzy Stradlin.

I know a guy (he’s a friend of the family of one of my friends) that used to live in LA in the 80’s and hung out with Steve Jones who was really bad on heroin at the time. This guy didn’t do heroin or anything. I don’t even think he drank. But he had stories about how Izzy would come over and both him and Steve Jones would both shoot up bags and bags at a time. And he’d split after that because of it and because he didn’t like Izzy at all. Apparently Steve Jones was so broke at the time and spent all his money on H. He must have had Sex Pistols royalties, but I guess every penny that wasn’t spent on the rent and utilities went to drugs. And probably some of the rent money went to drugs also and he’d get evicted.

He had nothing but nice things to say about Steve Jones, but that Izzy was a toxic piece of shit and he’s glad Izzy is nothing at this point and GNR has nothing to do with him. Unless they have occasionally brought him in recently. I don’t follow them, but I know Axl finally started playing and touring with Slash and Duff again for the last decade or so.

I’m not sure if all these Steve Jones and Izzy adventures were going on before GNR were a band, but I don’t think they had blown up just yet. I think these stories were circa 1985/1986.

ya, i've listened to jonesy's jukebox before he seems like a decent bloke

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Any cologne enthusiasts on here? There simply isn't a better fall/winter scent than Dior Sauvage. Actually, it's hard to find a better cologne period. For the money though, you can't go wrong with Aqua Di Gio
Gotta tell ya, my two colognes are Montblanc Explorer and Montblanc Legend Night.

Legend Night is apple/bergamot and it's my favorite smelling thing I've ever worn.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Gotta tell ya, my two colognes are Montblanc Explorer and Montblanc Legend Night.

Legend Night is apple/bergamot and it's my favorite smelling thing I've ever worn.

My favorite from the Mont Blanc house is Individuel. Like fresh fabric softener with a raspberry touch. Or like Joop! BUT not as strong and headache inducing. I've gotten so many compliments on it.

I've gone back to my old stand by - Dirty English by Juicy Couture. (I know, I know) In the colder months it's perfect. Black Leather/Oud/Wood/Amber & Musk. Think fresh firewood. It's addictive. For 30 dollars it's unbeatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad