Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Stuart skinners jock strap is in your mouth
Canucks suck.

Yeah. 2 goals by him that could have been stopped. you just don't get margin for any error in game 7 and the only reason this was a 7 game series was Skinner completely blowing game 3.

Team laid it all on the line and gave it everything they got. Oilers were the better club in the last 5 games of the series which is pretty impressive. Bobo was back to magic tonight. That happens.
You're really blaming the first goal on him? Wow, dude.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Crushing defeat, but what an effort overall to claw back.

I'm a Leafs fan first, Oilers second, and this playoffs was excrutiating watching the Leafs lose to Boston 4-3 after being down 3-1, and now the Oilers 4-3 after being down 3-0.

This is a fun team with a couple of years left on their window, let's see them run it back next year 🤘

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Proud of the team. They played their butts off. Knoblauch and Coffey did wonders for this team.

What a kick to the junk though. Feels bad.

Hopefully were back here soon. The emergence of Bouchard, Holloway and Broberg gives me hope. The contracts of Nurse and Campbell don’t.

Thank you HFOilers for the playoff run.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Not gonna lie, I feel very deflated. I haven’t had the privilege of being alive for any of the Oilers cups so the 06 run was all that I knew in terms of success. Makes it that much more painful that this one also ended in a game 7 loss.
What I can be proud of is how hard the boys battled throughout these playoffs and especially this series. They could have rolled over in 4 or 5 games but had the resilience to take this to 7 games.
Also, I’m sure our top guns learned a lot from this game and will come back even more hungry next year.
As for me, I will take some time away from hockey and focus on myself and my happiness this summer.
Thank you to Oilers fans for the great memories these past couple of months. The city was electric and I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything in the world. See you in the fall for another kick at the can, HFOil :cheers:
Going all the way to game 7 after being down 3-0 in a series and beating odds all season sure ain't failure. We were right there and I don't want to hear that the players didn't lay it all on the line, they did in spades to get it this far.

Only one team gets to W a game 7. Oilers aren't losers and Flyers in 87 and Oilers in 2006 weren't either, imo. You go to game 7 of the SC final and you deserve to be there and nobody can take that away.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Don't agree with this. The topisx struggled in first but were dominant as game progressed. They were owning the third. The difference was goaltending as it tends to be in game 7's and which are low scoring affairs. It’s why at the time I felt the 2-1 goal was so huge.

We're still playing, and in Ot if goaltending was equal.
They didn’t dominate anything, they put together one really good shift with 4 minutes left…..

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Don't agree with this. The topisx struggled in first but were dominant as game progressed. They were owning the third. The difference was goaltending as it tends to be in game 7's and which are low scoring affairs. Its why at the time I felt the 2-1 goal was so huge.

We're still playing, and in Ot if goaltending was equal.
You must be joking. Cannot believe that you are going to criticize goaltending when Draisaitl went goalless in the series and was a ghost tonight. Just a terrible performance from him with everything on the line.

That’s the takeaway for me. I used to feel sorry for McDavid and Draisaitl because they didn’t have the supporting cast. But you don’t get to game 7 of the SC Finals every season. This was it. I expected a performance from 29 and 97. Sadly, the supporting cast showed up, but the stars didn’t.

Last edited:

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
Generational disappointment. 🤦‍♂️

McDavid no points in the biggest game of his career.

Dry completely invisible all series.

What happened!?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
I hope they disclose all of the injuries tonight so I can turn this off for the next two months. This really sucks

Reactions: Duke74

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
Cannot believe that you are going to criticize goaltending when Draisaitl went goalless in the series and was a ghost tonight. Just a terrible performance from him with everything on the line.

That’s the takeaway for me. I used to feel sorry for McDavid and Draisaitl because they didn’t have the supporting cast. It you don’t get to game 7 of the SC Finals every season. This was it. I expected a performance from 29 and 97. Sadly, the supporting cast showed up, but the stars didn’t.
Bro they were injured from the extra games Stuart made them play. Every game Stuart was awful in, McDavid and drai both suffered injuries

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Canucks suck.

You're really blaming the first goal on him? Wow, dude.
Learn to read. I said both were stoppable. Any shot beats you 5 hole is. Skinner was late getting into the butterfly there and it was an obvious play. Nothing too obvious for Skinner.

Same game twice he completely lost puck resulting in open nets Panthers failed to capitilize on. 2 other times he's spilling rebounds in front of net on harmless shots.

People have no idea how hard the D and the whole team had to work to get this level of goaltending this far.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Good playoffs with what we've got. Have to remember we have far-and-away the most dead cap space in the league. McDavid and Draisaitl are both significantly injured, and we have the worst contract in the NHL in our lineup in Nurse.

The boys did what they could, but a combination of immaturity, injuries, and being at a disadvantage due to management ultimately crippled the group.

Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The first time I posted on this site I was 12 years old during the 2006 playoffs. Of course lost the info to that account but I've been here the entire time lurking and posting periodically. 18 f***ing years later and it's the same thing.

Let's talk about how to fix this team tomorrow. For now hats off to most of the group. The Janitor absolutely bringing it when the going gets tough. That's a guy you bring back. Contract to the men who utterly disappear when the going gets tough. Looking at RNH, McLeod.

Reactions: dsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad