Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
The dump and chase wasn’t working but let’s continue to play that all game. It’s what cost is the first three games of this series. Completely abandoned what made them successful during games 4 to 6.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What pisses me off is Florida found an extra gear and left it all out there. Blocking shots, crashing their own crease…maybe if Kulak lays down on the cup winner he deflects it and this one is going to OT.

The Canada drought lives on.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Well said
Next year they need to take the regular season seriously and actually get home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

Disappointing doesn’t begin to describe the pain. Hope McDavid takes the summer to recover from whatever injuries he was dealing with, he needs his dynamic speed and shooting back.

This hurts bad

Reactions: BudBundy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Proud of the team.

Momentum is irrelevant. It comes down to a bad play in the second period by Kulak and Skinner, and it's in the net. No puck luck after that.

It's cruel but it's sports. Feels like reliving 2006.
7 game series are often heavily influenced by games that got away. The Oilers had game 3. They lost due to goaltending. That was the shame in this series that the game 6 W wasn't for the cup. The team battled all post season to get games and series back after having questionable goaltending in some games. Particularly the Nucks series.

Its a fine line and if we have Bobo we Win the cup. The Oilers were the better club in game 7 and they had edge in play in 5 of the games in the series.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The statistically impossible Canada drought that is...
What pisses me off is Florida found an extra gear and left it all out there. Blocking shots, crashing their own crease…maybe if Kulak lays down on the cup winner he deflects it and this one is going to OT.

The Canada drought lives on.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Offseason wish list:
Extend Draisaitl
Re sign janmark, brown, Henrique
Buyout Campbell (unless a better trade is obvious, we need as much space as we can get)
Move on from Ryan
Move out Ceci he will have value on 1 year
A GM that instilled confidence

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Well... that's a wrap on 2006 2.0... :(

So much excitment and anticipation along with some absolutely dreadful stress for a participation ribbon. At least the score was close. Couldn't finish when it really mattered.

Still, an awesome run. Definitely can't be angry. Just sad. This team's next lesson needs to be to not doddle and finish as high as possible in the NHL standings to secure home ice advantage. If game 7 was played in Roger's, it could have been a different story.

Guess there's nothing left to do but start enjoying summer... It won't last. Adieu my friends.

Reactions: BudBundy

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Well I'm only half drunk so hopefully I can make some half coherent points.

1. No hockey should ever be played in Florida at the end of June. The ice was so bad these finals.

2. Draisaitl is surely injured but man he was horrible these finals.

3. McDavid is the best player ever. He will win us a cup if he resigns

4. Not really sure what to make of Skinner. He was excellent at times, but don't love the game winner.

5. We need a matchup center big time. Draisaitl/RNH/McLeod are not strong enough down the middle of the ice. Drai is lazy at many moments, and the other 2 can be very soft. Need a C we can rely on.

6. NHL does need to figure out how it wants to market itself. Rules don't simply go away in the superbowl or game 7 of the NBA finals.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Man it really f***ing sucks to have Skinner prove me right on that f***ing muffin.

Woof.
Yeah. 2 goals by him that could have been stopped. you just don't get margin for any error in game 7 and the only reason this was a 7 game series was Skinner completely blowing game 3.

Team laid it all on the line and gave it everything they got. Oilers were the better club in the last 5 games of the series which is pretty impressive. Bobo was back to magic tonight. That happens.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Had a feeling the inevitable game 7 prison rule officiating would show up.
Yep. Panthers got away with interference, hooking, holding, and slashing every single shift. That’s why McDavid and the others “didn’t show up”. It wasn’t some great defensive masterclass by the Panthers. They even ran Skinner a few times. Dirty piece of shit cheating team. Skill didn’t win the game. Cheating did, and the refs allowed it. Why am I not surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad