Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Is there a reason Skinner wasn't pulled with 2 minutes on the clock and in complete control of the o-zone? Waited until 1:30 and by that point, the stars were gassed. McDavid could barely skate and had a bad turnover near the end because he was completely out of breath.

Probably because we seem to suck with the goalie pulled and we were absolutely buzzing. It felt like the goal was coming, so don’t kill your chance

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
evangelion-shinji-chair-890.jpg

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Leave the ice with your heads held high, Oilers! One hell of a season and your fans are proud!
100% agreed.

Boys just ran out of gas and it's unfortunatle.

But, next season will be a fun one I predict. But there will be changes in the off-season, especially on defense.

We got our coach, we got our Goalie (Skinner) and McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, etc will be back as well.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It f***ing sucks but they gave everything they got, there's no shame in losing after coming all the way back from 0-3 deficit. I still say Edmonton was the better team in this series and carried the play most of the series, losing game 1 was the turning point a game the Oilers should have won. f*** Florida and the Panthers!!!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I feel like that was McDavids one chance at a cup and him going pointless in Game 7 is going to haunt him his entire career. It’s extremely hard to even get here and our cap situation is only going to get worse.

That said, incredibly proud that this group made it to Game 7 of the finals with how the season started.

Sad that it was a bust after all.
Everyone here knows you did a couple fist pumps after the Oilers lost.

Not fooling anyone.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
What a thoroughly disappointing no show from the top 6, in the biggest game of the year. To think they expended all that effort and work only to completely disappear like that... Draisaitl, McDavid, Nuge, Hyman, Bouchard... all with poor efforts today. They didn't deserve to win it tonight and that absolutely sucks to realize as a fan. They may well never reach this pinnacle again. Incredibly disappointing showing by the 'leadership' core.

Short turnaround so I think it's fine to post here but guys they need to divest themselves of / will lose through attrition in some form:

Mcleod, Ryan (retire), Perry (retire...), Foegele. I'd add Nurse but he stabilized with a f***ing rookie who showed more poise and hockey sense than a 10 year + vet like him. Besides which, no sane GM would take on his garbage $9.25 million contract. I'll be surprised if Henrique re-signs, he's lived in California for a number of years now and I can't imagine his family would want to move away from that. Ceci.. I don't know. He was actually ok tonight, and away from Nurse isn't a complete moron but still a very mediocre defender.

Just way too many questions still lingering. Still gutted knowing the top 6 went AWOL in the biggest moment.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Was a heck of a ride, was a great run, but at the end of the day it’s just that, a run. Years past you could say the top players had no help from the depth, this year is the opposite, the depth players were let down by the top players. Completely pathetic performance by our top guns in what might be the only shot they get at a cup…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad