Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
So sad rn. It was almost an amazing story, soon to be forgotten.
Just another sad memory for the pile.

Why is Canada so cursed?
up67nbhbrrgx.jpg

Reactions: Anemia and Skar

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Couldn't make a pass with the game on the line in the final minutes. Bouchard looking like he couldn't handle the pressure of a game 7 all night. Nobody hitting the net? Mcdrai with 1 assist between them in the last 2 games and NOTHING in game 7?

Everything up until this point was magical, but tonight they huffed their own farts on the whole team of destiny narrative and choked it away. Knock a million off the Draisaitl contract because he choked big time, no goals in 7 games in the finals and a minus player? Pathetic. And he is my favourite player so that pains me to say.

After game 4 I said Oilers in 7, if they didn't lay an egg in game 5. They got here, and in typical Oiler fashion, tore my f***ing heart out.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Couldn't make a pass with the game on the line in the final minutes. Bouchard looking like he couldn't handle the pressure of a game 7 all night. Nobody hitting the net? Mcdrai with 1 assist between them in the last 2 games and NOTHING in game 7?

Everything up until this point was magical, but tonight they huffed their own farts on the whole team of destiny narrative and choked it away. Knock a million off the Draisaitl contract because he choked big time, no goals in 7 games in the finals and a minus player? Pathetic. And he is my favourite player so that pains me to say.

After game 4 I said Oilers in 7, if they didn't lay an egg in game 5. They got here, and in typical Oiler fashion, tore my f***ing heart out.
Have to remember the guy has multiple bad injuries. Same with McDavid. Same with a few others in this group. Don't forget the playoffs is ~25 brutal games of physicality. Let's see what reports come out about it.

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
You must be joking. Cannot believe that you are going to criticize goaltending when Draisaitl went goalless in the series and was a ghost tonight. Just a terrible performance from him with everything on the line.

That’s the takeaway for me. I used to feel sorry for McDavid and Draisaitl because they didn’t have the supporting cast. It you don’t get to game 7 of the SC Finals every season. This was it. I expected a performance from 29 and 97. Sadly, the supporting cast showed up, but the stars didn’t.
I can definitely believe it. The clown loves to boast about his opinion always being the right one. Because he has questioned Skinner all season, he feels the need to shit on him whenever possible.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Proud of the team.

Momentum is irrelevant. It comes down to a bad play in the second period by Kulak and Skinner, and it's in the net. No puck luck after that.

It's cruel but it's sports. Feels like reliving 2006.
It's too bad for Kulak.

Reactions: dsi

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gutted they couldn't pull off the come from behind win that almost seemed inevitable. But this team still has room to grow. And they showed tremendous competitiveness in this series. This team knows what it takes to win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They didn’t dominate anything, they put together one really good shift with 4 minutes left…..
Maybe try watching again. They had sustained pressure multiple times. Drai was also dominating on the dot today and Connor had it going on last couple periods.

Hey you can be negative but what Panthers forward or player other than Bobo really looked good tonight?

Anything happens in a one game and I sure as f*** don't blame Connor McDavid for the result. He was the best player in the playoffs and in the series.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I shut it off at the end of the final horn, did 97 come out for the Conn or did he tell Bettman to shove up his ass?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Learn to read. I said both were stoppable. Any shot beats you 5 hole is. Skinner was late getting into the butterfly there and it was an obvious play. Nothing too obvious for Skinner.

Same game twice he completely lost puck resulting in open nets Panthers failed to capitilize on. 2 other times he's spilling rebounds in front of net on harmless shots.

People have no idea how hard the D and the whole team had to work to get this level of goaltending this far.
Tips are probably the hardest thing for a goalie to stop. You can't leave guys wide open in front of the goalie. I'll certainly grant you goal #2 but that was a clutch player doing what he does best on goal #1.

Anyway, just too many players went quiet in the losses in this series.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I hate to be that guy but if Connor wasn't so indecisive, this game was going to ot! Oh well. There's always next year. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240624_212847_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240624_212847_Chrome.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Thank f*** I shut the game off immediately. I bet there's a lot of long faces I want to punch.
Oh yeah. No post game for me tonight.

The benefit for going so long is we aren’t too far away from both free agency and honestly next season.

Enjoy the summer. Hockey will be back in 3 months.

I’ll be watching different next year. The team being down and out 2-9-1 felt like a gut punch. But you just can’t count these guys out.

Be proud everyone. Even if you are mad about the current outcome. This team gave us a helluva playoffs

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
You must be joking. Cannot believe that you are going to criticize goaltending when Draisaitl went goalless in the series and was a ghost tonight. Just a terrible performance from him with everything on the line.

That’s the takeaway for me. I used to feel sorry for McDavid and Draisaitl because they didn’t have the supporting cast. It you don’t get to game 7 of the SC Finals every season. This was it. I expected a performance from 29 and 97. Sadly, the supporting cast showed up, but the stars didn’t.
0 goals in 9 straight games to end the playoff run for Drai. Not remotely good enough. No words could sum up my disappointment in him. Also, that backcheck of his on the Panthers' 2nd goal was pathetic.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Well I'm only half drunk so hopefully I can make some half coherent points.

1. No hockey should ever be played in Florida at the end of June. The ice was so bad these finals.

2. Draisaitl is surely injured but man he was horrible these finals.

3. McDavid is the best player ever. He will win us a cup if he resigns

4. Not really sure what to make of Skinner. He was excellent at times, but don't love the game winner.

5. We need a matchup center big time. Draisaitl/RNH/McLeod are not strong enough down the middle of the ice. Drai is lazy at many moments, and the other 2 can be very soft. Need a C we can rely on.

6. NHL does need to figure out how it wants to market itself. Rules don't simply go away in the superbowl or game 7 of the NBA finals.
If I could change one thing. Just start calling just the dives. They will stop very quickly and the game will improve.

The head snapping and flailing bodies is making the Euro cup look professional :)

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
We turned into perimeter petes again, and our stars got clamped. That being said, Ty Conklinner needed that 2nd goal. Ggs, though.

At the end of the day, we would've won the cup in 5 or 6 if we had a good PP

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Have to remember the guy has multiple bad injuries. Same with McDavid. Same with a few others in this group. Don't forget the playoffs is ~25 brutal games of physicality. Let's see what reports come out about it.
It's the playoffs, everyone is injured. That's what great teams overcome. There is no excuse for the showing tonight.

Reactions: M Ace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad