Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I shut it off at the end of the final horn, did 97 come out for the Conn or did he tell Bettman to shove up his ass?
Didn't come out for it and his dad was crying in the stands. Was hard to see.

They're all champs in my mind. Nice family raised a great kid who is an incredible player and who was incredible in this series, in this playoffs, and his whole time here.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
No time for Skinner haters.

I’m not even a big fan of the player.. but come the hell on. This team isn’t built to win 1-0 hockey games.
Skinner was fine. Fkrst goal was a tip. That second goal looked bad but was a tough save to make. Skinner also made a great stop to keep it 2-1 point blank. Nah Skinner wasn't the issue tonight.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I know a game 7 loss obviously hurts like hell, but you guys should be very proud of your teams effort. To claw back from being down 0-3 and playing a hell of a game 7, and coming that close. Sid lost to the Wings before he won, hell Florida lost last year. You guys are very close, Bouchard is a stud on the blue line, too much talent to not be back in the finals, McDavid is too talented to not win at least 1.

Nothing to be ashamed of Oilers fan, you guys have a great team and they competed at a very high level, wishing you all the best cheers.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Zero blame on Skinner for the winning goal. Kulak let the second best goal scorer of the year walk in and pick his spot.

Draisaitl, RNH and Hyman were completely invisible during this round. If even one of them showed up this series probably has a different result.

I think the nerves of game 7 for the Cuo really got to the team. You could see how nervous Draisaitl was during a pregame interview and this was probably one of the worst games I’ve seen Mcdavid play. Regardless, I still believe this team will win multiple Cups in the next 5 years.
RNH and Hyman are invisible all playoffs. Don't give a f*** about how many goals Hyman got in the first two series as a PP tap in merchant.

You saw in this series, and this game specifically that in do-or-die moments, you need players who can make something happen at even strength. That's Janmark, Foegele, McDavid etc -- guys who just bring it, go hard to the net and crash and bang and outwork or are capable of outskilling.

RNH wilts. Hyman has never made a pass in his entire NHL career. McLeod is a joke. The same people as last playoffs who disappear during even strength. That was the entire M.O. of our group. Elite special teams, mediocre even strength. Our group needs to be fixed to bring players in who can make a difference at evens. It's about work ethic and determination.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yep. But it's a lot of damn hard work and pain to get there. That one is gonna leave a scar.

It's a war of attrition getting thru the West.
Well hopefully our new GM moves in from guys like Campbell, Ceci, Nurse and McLeod to make it easier.

It’s astonishing that we got here with some of our wasted space. We can get here new GM has to make it easier to do so.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Florida played a nearly perfect game tonight. Sometimes you can't criticize one sides performance when the other side was so good.
Florida structurally played their A game and the Oilers were also good and slightly better on the night, if only due to score effects and Panthers hanging back more in third. Both teams were good. Nobody choked in my opinion and heads can be held high. Although I'm sure the Oilers will be looking like they're in hell right now.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Proud of the team.

Momentum is irrelevant. It comes down to a bad play in the second period by Kulak and Skinner, and it's in the net. No puck luck after that.

It's cruel but it's sports. Feels like reliving 2006.
In 2006 I thought the team mailed in game seven (well, nearly everyone except Pisani). Tonight it felt like the effort was there, but the tank was empty.

And like you, I’m still very proud of this team. From worst to second is pretty amazing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad