Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
f*** this hurts. Was downtown hoping for the parade. It is what it is, we fell one goal short. As close as we could possibly get to a Cup. But f*** was this one of the greatest Oilers seasons of all time. Was a fun ride. Will take some time to digest this loss, but I know one thing is for certain: proud of the Oilers and I’m feeling for them in this moment. It hurts for them much more than it could ever hurt for us.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
I feel for the players. Blaming our guys for have scoring issues is wrong. Players pickup injuries.

We need a goalie to offset it. Skinner doesn’t have it. We needed more saves. That second goal was weak.

Reactions: HabsQC

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Now that I've collected my thoughts

Give Florida credit, they were outstanding tonight

Still a successful season, the team has shown it can get there

I would be interested to know if McDavid has been fighting something all year? Drai 100% had some hand problem

The window is not closed at all, if anything this team might even be better next year with a full year of this coaching staff + Holloway and Broberg breakouts

They have to somehow clear Campbell and possibly Nurse though, for the latter, cross your fingers and pray for a rebound

Cheers

:walrus::walrus:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, I shut the TV off and listened to the radio instead. Team didn't have it tonight and it showed. I'm proud of them anyway.

Fans say “don’t quit on the team” but knowing the team, it felt like one of those nights after that goal. Not nearly enough from the top 6. I can see why Connor didn’t want to come out to accept the Smythe

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
We are gonna be in for a very rough year next season..
Training camp is in a month, and half our guys are bigtime injured.

Evander Kane needs surgery for his hernia.
Drai probably has a couple of broken ribs, and finger, and a high ankle sprain.
McDavid likely has an undisclosed injury.

Not sure if there's an upgrade on Skinner out there, but I really do feel like we're trying to win with Andy Moog in net.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Thinking back to that Bouch bomb off the bar.

They were that close.
Told my wife "luck and mistakes", that's what it comes down to.

Lots of time to point fingers. Florida didn't really make a mistake tonight.

Top 2 teams in the league, their defence beat our offence, let's see how injured 97&29 were.

Literally could not be closer. I'd rather this than being swept.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
The 2 lessons are (1) don't take the regular season for granted and (2) don't go down 3-0 in the Finals if you can help it.

There's a reason even the Game 7 scenario had happened once in 1942.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Skinner wasn’t the issue but that 2nd goal was ass. (For a SCF game 7)
Right, losing puck battles, face-offs and having a hard time clearing our zone in the first 2 periods did it . Still proud of them and can't and won't nail it on one or two players. They deserve better than that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
An Epic Adventure

This has been among the greatest seasons of any team in NHL history. Left for dead in October-early November to a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final. We saw the best of Oil Country on display with the best fanbase in hockey who got behind this team's miracle run 150%. This team with a new hero throughout the playoffs. Young guns emerging and forged in deep playoff series. That includes Skinner who survived a baptism by fire when the veteran big money guy imploded. This team learned to defend and shutdown opponents. A strong, nimble head coach and staff.

Tonight hurts. It's so hard to get to and get back to the Cup Final. But this is an absolutely epic ride this team took us on after looking like roadkill. Still I f***ing hate Florida.

Reactions: BudBundy

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
IMG_2553.png

I had faith all year that it was a sign. Really wanted to post this in celebration. I shouldn’t have used ready to hunt. Too close to “time to hunt” f***!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad