Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
32 Thoughts

- Marek thinks Levshunov goes #2, Buium #3. Friedman thinks the draft starts at #4

- Columbus is the center of the universe for moving down. Teams think the Blue Jackets want to make a splash

- LeBrun was correct about Philadelphia "being in there" (The talks for trading up for #4)

- Columbus wants something big: #12, #32, and potentially Colorado's 1st. Friedman heard that was too much for Philly, but we are excepted to speak again on draft day

- Friedman thinks another team is in there. Philly is not the only team. He wonders if it is Carolina, with Necas included

Last edited:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
32 Thoughts

- Marek thinks Levshunov goes #3, Buium #4. Friedman thinks the draft starts at #4

- Columbus is the center of the universe for moving down. Teams think the Blue Jackets want to make a splash

- LeBrun was correct about Philadelphia "being in there" (The talks for trading up for #4)

- Columbus wants something big: #12, #32, and potentially Colorado's 1st. Friedman heard that was too much for Philly, but we are excepted to speak again on draft day

- Friedman thinks another team is in there. Philly is not the only team. He wonders if it is Carolina, with Necas included
Three firsts is a lot of real estate, but to move to 4, you have to jump on it. Let's hope that Briere can get something done.

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The Canadiens selected in the 1st round a convicted sex criminal, during his draft year, who actually renounced himself from the draft. Connelly is going to Providence College next year and isn't remotely a criminal. If McKenzie's scouts had him 15, that's also NHL noise. But he could fall.

Like Jojo said, that Athletic article was varyingly Schrödinger's Cat when it came to looking at him as victim or victimizer. I don't want an unmitigated piece of shit on the team for which I root. I take the teammate swastika photo as seriously as anyone; hate or dumb taboo flirting, I don't know. As far as I'm aware, he's kept his nose clean for a couple years and put in volunteer work to better himself. Did he? I think as Flyers fans we cynically understand the difference between private and public personas, so I accept my ignorance.

Yeah from what I've read it seems he's been a model player for the most part. If he drops he could just been the NHL being its classic risk adverse self.

Reactions: Magua

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It really depends on how the teams views the kid at 4 they want. If they believe he is an elite top level talent and one of the last ones of the draft that in their opinions is there, I say go for it.

I never mind GMs being aggressive, especially for draftees. Don’t be aggressive when it comes to UFAs that are beyond their peak years like we’ve done for Christ knows how long.

Also, probably gonna need another pick coming back from Columbus. According to value charts that has the flyers overpaying by a third rounder I believe. So you most likely won’t get that but shoot for 4th+4th rounder.

Even more, you can try to give them 12+32+36 (their pick back). I think that maybe gets it done?

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
32 Thoughts

- Marek thinks Levshunov goes #2, Buium #3. Friedman thinks the draft starts at #4

That is the second source I’ve heard that specifically said they plan on talking again today.

I think I would do that trade. I would for sure do it if we gave cbus their 2nd back instead of Colorado’s 1st. The talk of us including Farabee and/or our 2025 1st are insane.

I would also be much more likely to do this trade if we are trading TK for the 7th+, taking Catton. That sequence means you may only be a 1D away.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Call me crazy, but I would even try

Konecny + Farabee + 32rd + Atkinson for 4th

And to have 4th + 12th & 2x first picks next year.

Would be great for our future.
Does that make sense for Columbus? Adding what over 15 million salaries? They can probably do better in free agency with 15 million

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is why you accumulate draft capital. If they think Demidov is Him, then 3 1sts work, especially if it’s not our pick next year. If a roster player brings that down, so be it. Does Columbus choose to give the Flyers their 2nd this year to do the deal? Then you can trade up again if you want.

I don’t know that Necas works, Don Waddell think he’s a center? Because that’s a reason he’s looking to leave Carolina, which Waddell was just there.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
After sleeping on it if Demidov is there at 4 and the Flyers are confident he will be a “one of the best in the game” type of player then they should do what they have to do to get him as long as the 2025 Flyers 1st isn’t an option. Stake the future on the Michkov-Demidov combo.

Reactions: BernieParent

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If they KNOW Demidov will be there?

#12, Laughton and Colorado's 2025 1st... or

#12, #32 and Colorado's 2025 1st

would be fair value vs both league and likely outcomes too. So long as that Colorado pick ends up 25-32. I would think about either IF Demidov will be there.

But if it is for Lindstrom for example? Just stand pat. The difference from Lindstrom to 12 is not worth it.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This is why you accumulate draft capital. If they think Demidov is Him, then 3 1sts work, especially if it’s not our pick next year. If a roster player brings that down, so be it. Does Columbus choose to give the Flyers their 2nd this year to do the deal? Then you can trade up again if you want.

I don’t know that Necas works, Don Waddell think he’s a center? Because that’s a reason he’s looking to leave Carolina, which Waddell was just there.
Agreed on Carolina. I don’t see it. I think this is Columbus playing hardball like they should. I presume it won’t happen but I think it could.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Lindstrom I’d be okay trading 12 and 32 if he’s there at 7. I definitely wouldn’t offer a kings ransom for him especially with his injury concerns.

Flyers luck is they end up trading the 2025 Colorado 1st and Makar and Mac end up colliding and blowing out their knees in the 1st game of the season and that becomes a lottery pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lindstrom I’d be okay trading 12 and 32 if he’s there at 7. I definitely wouldn’t offer a kings ransom for him especially with his injury concerns.

Flyers luck is they end up trading the 2025 Colorado 1st and Makar and Mac end up colliding and blowing out their knees in the 1st game of the season and that becomes a lottery pick
It’s top 10 protected regardless

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If they KNOW Demidov will be there?

#12, Laughton and Colorado's 2025 1st... or

#12, #32 and Colorado's 2025 1st

would be fair value vs both league and likely outcomes too. So long as that Colorado pick ends up 25-32. I would think about either IF Demidov will be there.

But if it is for Lindstrom for example? Just stand pat. The difference from Lindstrom to 12 is not worth it.

If Demidov is at #4, do you think they would want Laughton over Farabee? Don't they have enough centers? I mean, I know it would be a reunion of Jenner and Laughton.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If Demidov is at #4, do you think they would want Laughton over Farabee? Don't they have enough centers? I mean, I know it would be a reunion of Jenner and Laughton.

Farabee should be worth a mid-1st on his own.

So including him would be an overpay in my eyes. Even though I believe in Demidov.

I would much rather moved 12, 32 and Colorado 1st than include Farabee.

He is a #14 pick who has developed pretty well, is a great 5v5 scorer and 50 point player still at the start of his prime. He SHOULD end up a ~65-70 point winger if his development is just normal over next 2-3 years.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If they're that far into negotiations, this is the time when Briere should be asking how attached they are to assets already in their system that seem to have fallen out of favor -- Johnson, Jiricek, etc.

Make it worth your time to give them 3 1sts in another way if you've made the kind of player evaluation that leads you down this road.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I think ultimately Briere would be willing to offer up #12 + #32 + COL's 1st if that is all that it would take.

But I don't think Columbus is operating in serious faith to trade all the way down to #12. I bet that Waddell is fishing for a steep overpay to drop 2-5 spots, not 8.

Reactions: TheKingPin

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I don't look at it as 3 firsts since we are gaining a 1st in return, it's really 2 1sts. 2 firsts that convert at the end of the first round, mind you.
If they are really that convinced Demidov is the one, then I would probably add Laughton to it to get it done.

Is the difference between Demidov and say Eiserman worth it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad