BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Any current reputable B’s free agency rumors?

IMG_0278.gif

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Let's see, in his 20's he averaged out to a 22G / 57P player. I could see him giving you those type of numbers for another 4-5 years.

He's putting up Zacha numbers. That's my concern when giving out 7 years. Zacha is 3 years younger and he is slotted to take the top line minutes and matchups in Boston.

I love him as a 2nd line C. I really have my doubts (again, watched him live a multiple times in Vancouver and most of their games) and he wasn't having an impact as a 3rd liner or with EP40. Playoffs as a 3rd liner he found success.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well, I'd say with Tampa trading for Guentzel, Stamkos is definitely out there but at what at what price who knows? If Stamkos goes to Detroit is Kane available or does he go back to the Rags?

Skinner for cheap or would that guarantee we miss the playoffs? :)

Lindholm is the big name everybody's still talking about. If we do not sign him I think everyone will say this is a bust.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well, I'd say with Tampa trading for Guentzel, Stamkos is definitely out there but at what at what price who knows? If Stamkos goes to Detroit is Kane available or does he go back to the Rags?

Skinner for cheap or would that guarantee we miss the playoffs? :)

Lindholm is the big name everybody's still talking about. If we do not sign him I think everyone will say this is a bust.

Idk if I'd say bust.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If they don't get a 1st line C and have 20+ million in cap space this is a disaster.

I'm still thinking it's a trade for a top line C, a signing of Lindholm and then a signing or trade for a 'prove it bargain' winger.

What 1st line center is actually available. Better yet what's your definition of a 1st line center?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What 1st line center is actually available. Better yet what's your definition of a 1st line center?

1st line C? A player that controls the play, drives the scoring and a 70+ points / year while going against other teams top lines / shut down players.

If someone thinks Lindholm is a 1st line C then they are also people who believe Zacha is a 1st line C.

Reactions: khanomcat

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yes. That might not all happen this off-season though

Agreed. Why I think we could see Lindholm being signed, a cheap winger 'prove-it' signed and then cap space left sitting as teams juggle.

Until Draisaitl signs, I hold back and am on the phone with Edmonton knowing you would offer Draisaitl a 8 x $14,000,000 after trading for him.

How are the leafs signing everyone? Do they have a different cap structure?
Look at their D and G. It's bad.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Agreed. Why I think we could see Lindholm being signed, a cheap winger 'prove-it' signed and then cap space left sitting as teams juggle.

Until Draisaitl signs, I hold back and am on the phone with Edmonton knowing you would offer Draisaitl a 8 x $14,000,000 after trading for him.

Look at their D and G. It's bad.
WIth Ullmark gone for nothing i cannot come up with one package that would pique the interest of the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00