BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
1st line C? A player that controls the play, drives the scoring and a 70+ points / year while going against other teams top lines / shut down players.

If someone thinks Lindholm is a 1st line C then they are also people who believe Zacha is a 1st line C.

Ok, so here's a list of guys listed as a Center that have a P/GP that puts them at 70+ for 82 games and have taken at least 1,000 face-offs over the last 3 seasons

Connor McDavid
Nathan MacKinnon
Leon Draisaitl
Auston Matthews
Jack Hughes
Aleksander Barkov
J.T. Miller
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Elias Pettersson
Brayden Point
Sebastian Aho
Robert Thomas
Sam Reinhart
Mika Zibanejad
Dylan Larkin
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jack Eichel
Tage Thompson
Mark Scheifele
Tim Stützle
Evgeni Malkin
Nico Hischier
Nazem Kadri
John Tavares
Joe Pavelski
Roope Hintz
Matt Duchene
Claude Giroux
Anze Kopitar
Brock Nelson

Which of these guys fits the rest of your criteria and is available?

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ok, so here's a list of guys listed as a Center that have a P/GP that puts them at 70+ for 82 games and have taken at least 1,000 face-offs over the last 3 seasons

Connor McDavid
Nathan MacKinnon
Leon Draisaitl
Auston Matthews
Jack Hughes
Aleksander Barkov
J.T. Miller
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Elias Pettersson
Brayden Point
Sebastian Aho
Robert Thomas
Sam Reinhart
Mika Zibanejad
Dylan Larkin
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jack Eichel
Tage Thompson
Mark Scheifele
Tim Stützle
Evgeni Malkin
Nico Hischier
Nazem Kadri
John Tavares
Joe Pavelski
Roope Hintz
Matt Duchene
Claude Giroux
Anze Kopitar
Brock Nelson

Which of these guys fits the rest of your criteria and is available?
You know who isn't on your list? Lindholm. So why are people thinking he is a 1st line C?

I'll copy your list and let's see who is moved before the start of the season, okay? Because as of right now, I'd say Kadri, Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux, and maybe Nelson available.

I think the real opportunity is on a guy LIKE Stutzle who asks out (ala Tkachuk) and the Bruins can make a move.

What if you find out in the next couple days that Draisaitl isn't resigning in Edmonton?

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I do the 1st without hesitation and the second is a back and forth for me.

It's eerily quiet on the Draisaitl front right now. I hope Pastrnak was right...
Yup. That first deal? Yup-yup.

Not excited at the idea of dealing McAvoy though. You fill a hole by creating another. And both are despairingly difficult to fill

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yup. That first deal? Yup-yup.

Not excited at the idea of dealing McAvoy though. You fill a hole by creating another. And both are despairingly difficult to fill

Same. I hesitate on anything involving McAvoy (even though I didn't like his playoffs the last two years) and would part with the top move if it was bringing in Draisaitl. Lohrei looked great but Drasaitl takes this team to a whole other level.

I'd imagine the Drai talk heats up in the next 24 hours as Edmonton has a lot of guys to resign.

Remember that amazing 3rd line for them? Entire line UFA.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You know who isn't on your list? Lindholm. So why are people thinking he is a 1st line C?

I'll copy your list and let's see who is moved before the start of the season, okay? Because as of right now, I'd say Kadri, Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux, and maybe Nelson available.

I think the real opportunity is on a guy LIKE Stutzle who asks out (ala Tkachuk) and the Bruins can make a move.

What if you find out in the next couple days that Draisaitl isn't resigning in Edmonton?

This list is based off the criteria you gave me, so it's your list, not anyone else's.

If any of Kadri, Tavares, Giroux or Nelson were #1C next year, would you be happy? Would this team be serious contenders?

I left Stamkos out because he plays more wing than center, but he happens to take a lot of draws.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This list is based off the criteria you gave me, so it's your list, not anyone else's.

If any of Kadri, Tavares, Giroux or Nelson were #1C next year, would you be happy? Would this team be serious contenders?

I left Stamkos out because he plays more wing than center, but he happens to take a lot of draws.

I'd even be looking at Couturier retained to be honest. I just saw enough of Lindholm the last two years to not call him a 1st line C so why pay him like one and assume he can do it when he's putting up points like Zacha?

I appreciate you making the list and I'd argue that entire list are guys (outside of Pavelski and Tavares) that would be the Bruins 1st line C.

Bruins are not dealing McAvoy for Drasaitl in any type of deal, Sorry Pasta
Don't think so either but that's what we call a blockbuster.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
1st line C? A player that controls the play, drives the scoring and a 70+ points / year while going against other teams top lines / shut down players.

If someone thinks Lindholm is a 1st line C then they are also people who believe Zacha is a 1st line C.
I agree 💯 that's what I'm saying paying a 50 pt guy north of 7 mil long term he's 30 now. Not a good idea. His money plus swayman eats up all the cap

Theres no #1 center available so the bruins need to sign a few forwards for 3/4 mil not waste it on one 2nd at best center we already have 2 of those

Theres no #1 center available so the bruins need to sign a few forwards for 3/4 mil not waste it on one 2nd at best center we already have 2 of those

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd even be looking at Couturier retained to be honest. I just saw enough of Lindholm the last two years to not call him a 1st line C so why pay him like one and assume he can do it when he's putting up points like Zacha?

I appreciate you making the list and I'd argue that entire list are guys (outside of Pavelski and Tavares) that would be the Bruins 1st line C.

Don't think so either but that's what we call a blockbuster.

Couturier? Huh? He'll be 32yrs old this year and put up 38pts last year in 74gp. Lindholm put up 44pts in 75gp and is 2 years younger and you don't think he's a 1C, but Couturier is older and less productive and he could be a 1C

There's a difference between being the Bruins 1C and being an actual 1C though. I think true #1C's are very rare in the NHL.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Couturier? Huh? He'll be 32yrs old this year and put up 38pts last year in 74gp. Lindholm put up 44pts in 75gp and is 2 years younger and you don't think he's a 1C, but Couturier is older and less productive and he could be a 1C

There's a difference between being the Bruins 1C and being an actual 1C though. I think true #1C's are very rare in the NHL.

And I'm asking for Couturier at 50% retained and getting an asset as well. So if you're asking me Couturier @ $3,800,000 / 6 years vs Lindholm @ $7,000,000 / 7 years I take Couturier.

Neither one are 1st line C but both would be the 2nd line C in Boston. Now look at the AAV and you can see why I'd take Sean out of PHI over signing Lindholm for the next 7 at almost double the price.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
IMO , quite a bit. He’s still a force out there. I’d try to get him for 3 years or 4 if must be.
Good bridge to some kids hopefully.

Still remember when we beat him in game 7, he had a broken face or something he warriored through, and then he went out on the town in Boston.

Guy has been destined to be a Bruin for over a decade now, he’s one of us!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And I'm asking for Couturier at 50% retained and getting an asset as well. So if you're asking me Couturier @ $3,800,000 / 6 years vs Lindholm @ $7,000,000 / 7 years I take Couturier.

Neither one are 1st line C but both would be the 2nd line C in Boston. Now look at the AAV and you can see why I'd take Sean out of PHI over signing Lindholm for the next 7 at almost double the price.

That's a whole different discussion. We started this out by finding a 1C that fits your criteria and is available

BTW Lindholm didn't make that list because his P/GP was a 0.80 the last 3 years and a 0.85 was the min to hit 70pts for 82 games. He missed it by roughly 5pts

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I wouldn’t even mind

Stamkos Zacha Pasta
Marchand Coyle Marchessault

Can juggle Zacha and Stamkos back and forth at times

Can juggle Coyle and Poitras

Frederic Poitras Geekie

Maybe could still take a run at Zadorov if not him Dillion should still fit

Reactions: khanomcat

Ad

Upcoming events