Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That's what is wrong with me. I understand. There are consequences to that.

6FayFAa.gif

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Farabee is one of the better 5v5 goal scorers and point getters in the league over a 4 year span. He’s a 24 year old 50 point player, which included a late skid and playing on the worst PP in the league. Instead of seeing how much the PP has harmed overall numbers, they keep the PP coach and look to dump the scant young non-4th line talent. Your Flyers.

(Obviously, anyone should be available. But there’s a distinction between listening and actively dumping.)
But Torts doesn’t like him and, as we all know, that’s what really matters.

Keeping Rocky has to top the list of pure incompetence and should make it clear to anyone on the fence as to what this org is all about.
Keeping Rocky
Extending Lappy
And the soon to be announced re-signing of EJ

The hits just keep coming

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I’ll never understand how Frost is a 50 point center, Farabee is a 50 point winger, Tippett is a 50 point winger. All within a year of age.

One is an 8 year core player. The other two are franchise detriments not fulfilling their potential.
It is, of course, the immense eye-test difference in their games. While Frost and Farabee only make flashy plays while remaining invisible for most of the game, Tippett can stay quiet for long periods in a game and then flash an incredible play.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
On the PHLY podcast they discussed a few interesting things regarding DB presser.
-DB mentioned that there are good players to 16 or 17. (I think he means Eiserman amongst others. Makes sense that they will try to move up if a guy slips bc it seems like a good chance someone will if you are thinking BPA over position.)
-Flahr was absent at the presser for travel. The thinking is he is at the Russian showcase in Fla. The rumors of Demidov slipping and the Flyers having a plan to trade up plus being comfortable with the Russian factor. (I think this could be a good way to lead to a TK trade. Maybe for 11 OA+.)

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
And now I guess the McGroarty situation could be indicative of what the Gauthier situation might have been had Briere waited.

I wouldn’t have been mad if a Gauthier for McGroarty+ swap had been the basis of a deal. But I doubt Gauthier would have wanted to sign with Winnipeg either.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
On the PHLY podcast they discussed a few interesting things regarding DB presser.
-DB mentioned that there are good players to 16 or 17. (I think he means Eiserman amongst others. Makes sense that they will try to move up if a guy slips bc it seems like a good chance someone will if you are thinking BPA over position.)
-Flahr was absent at the presser for travel. The thinking is he is at the Russian showcase in Fla. The rumors of Demidov slipping and the Flyers having a plan to trade up plus being comfortable with the Russian factor. (I think this could be a good way to lead to a TK trade. Maybe for 11 OA+.)
If they do something like Konecny for 11OA + Krebs, i would 100% bank on a trade down from 12.

Reactions: TheKingPin

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If I was serious about making a career out of it, though, I don't think I'd be picky about who was drafting me and possibly getting my foot in the door.

There are two different discussions being intertwined when they shouldn't be. If you're a 5th rounder, you don't have too much leverage. You hope to sign an ELC with anyone who will have you.

If you're Gauthier or McGroarty, you have tons of leverage. Your first contract functionally writes itself. If you go 22nd instead of 14th, there isn't much that changes for you on the front end and you get the potential upside of going to an org that's better at development and/or NHL level hockey.

I would argue in the latter situation that if you don't go into these interviews with the attitude of seeing if you want to work with these orgs, you're failing yourself. Stop defaulting to hockey pseudoculture. It exists to maximize the league, not you. It's your life. You worked your ass off to get there. Don't put it in the hands of anyone less than the people you find worthy of handling it.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
There are two different discussions being intertwined when they shouldn't be. If you're a 5th rounder, you don't have too much leverage. You hope to sign an ELC with anyone who will have you.

If you're Gauthier or McGroarty, you have tons of leverage. Your first contract functionally writes itself. If you go 22nd instead of 14th, there isn't much that changes for you on the front end and you get the potential upside of going to an org that's better at development and/or NHL level hockey.

I would argue in the latter situation that if you don't go into these interviews with the attitude of seeing if you want to work with these orgs, you're failing yourself. Stop defaulting to hockey pseudoculture. It exists to maximize the league, not you. It's your life. You worked your ass off to get there. Don't put it in the hands of anyone less than the people you find worthy of handling it.
I mean, Rutger McGroarty can and should follow whatever path fits him best. I'm speaking to how I'd feel if I were an athlete. Given that I have the athletic prowess of a cashew, it's all pretty moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad