Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought everyone loved that pick when it happened?
I can only speak for myself, but I did not love the pick. I could have been biased though because I was not a fan of Provorov's youth team adding like 7 Russians and 3 canadians. I am pretty sure they were the first and only international team to win the US national tournament. That team had 2 future 1st round picks(Sprong, Provorov), a 6th round pick, and 7th round pick I think.

The honest reason I was against it is... the word around the youth league was Provorov forged his birth certificate and was a 94 birth year playing at the 97 level. No way to know for sure, but everyone said it. I met one of his former teammates at a junior camp and he told me he not only knew that Provorov forged it, but how he forged it and said he reported it to USA hockey. He was happy to tell anyone that'd listen. He clarified that not every Russian on the team forged their birth certificate, but he was adamant that Provorov specifically did. That doesn't mean it is true, but I and many others certainly believed it

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can only speak for myself, but I did not love the pick. I could have been biased though because I was not a fan of Provorov's youth team adding like 7 Russians and 3 canadians. I am pretty sure they were the first and only international team to win the US national tournament. That team had 2 future 1st round picks(Sprong, Provorov), a 6th round pick, and 7th round pick I think.

The honest reason I was against it is... the word around the youth league was Provorov forged his birth certificate and was a 94 birth year playing at the 97 level. No way to know for sure, but everyone said it. I met one of his former teammates at a junior camp and he told me he not only knew that Provorov forged it, but how he forged it and said he reported it to USA hockey. He was happy to tell anyone that'd listen. He clarified that not every Russian on the team forged their birth certificate, but he was adamant that Provorov specifically did. That doesn't mean it is true, but I and many others certainly believed it

Wait are you claiming Provorov is actually 30 years old?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

You know I lived in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area.

I met Provorov once and, at his young age, he told me that he's actually an ancient demon lord who got really bored with ruling and decided to reincarnate into a world without magic. He really did like the Flyers early on but Tortorella was actually a reincarnation of an ancient hero, from the world he came from, who had helped to preserve humanity so he decided to just be terrible because whatever.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
In less than one year Craig Conroy from Calgary traded away 3 top-4 D, 1 top-6 W, 1st line C and starting goalie.
This is what they call rebuild.
To trade Provorov, Walker in one year it’s not a rebuild. I don’t mention Hayes and ADA - we just let them go for nothing.

Another Flyers GM uses “rebuild” as a nice word to justify inaction

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I think their gonna be several players picks with this Ottawa rumour. I would start with Laughton and several adds on both sides. TK stays,farabee stays.yikes

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I read that Chychrun is trying to learn to shoot with his other hand at some fancy smancy go both ways school

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
What's the consensus on Chychrun?

I see a lot of people don't want to make this trade... I don't watch the Yotes or Sens, so I have no idea what he actually is as a hockey player.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Before this past season he was injured all the time. Not the type of guy I would want the Flyers to trade for and extend.

Left handed, plays the right side

I watched 90% of Senators games since Chychrun arrived, and he doesn't play the right side.

Pierre Dorion said he "could play the right" after they acquired him, because that's what Ottawa needed, but that was just him being his lying nonsensical self.

They tried Chychrun there for 3-4 games after the trade, but it didn't work.

He only plays the left.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I watched 90% of Senators games since Chychrun arrived, and he doesn't play the right side.

Pierre Dorion said he "could play the right" after they acquired him, because that's what Ottawa needed, but that was just him being his lying nonsensical self.

They tried Chychrun there for 3-4 games after the trade, but it didn't work.

He only plays the left.

Flyers would likely put him on the right

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Flyers would likely put him on the right

This is Pierre Dorion type thinking, and would be a mistake.

Just looking at your guys roster, I don't really see how Chychrun makes any sense at all, considering you have York and Drysdale to play the PP. That's where Chychrun's value really lies.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH

Just looking at your guys roster, I don't really see how Chychrun makes any sense at all, considering you have York and Drysdale to play the PP. That's where Chychrun's value really lies.
So likely this will happen because that is typical Flyers.

The trade is beginning to take shape in my mind.
Scott Laughton, Cam York, #12OV for Jakob Chychrun.

Chychrun will not waive his NTC nullifying the deal, Laughton will get traded later for a pillowcase full of Dial soap bars.

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
So likely this will happen because that is typical Flyers.

The trade is beginning to take shape in my mind.
Scott Laughton, Cam York, #12OV for Jakob Chychrun.

Chychrun will not waive his NTC nullifying the deal, Laughton will get traded later for a pillowcase full of Dial soap bars.
It will be a pillowcase full of nothing because if they sent one full of Dial soap some fan here is liable to go "Full Metal Jacket" on management.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The most important first step to understanding the Flyers is to throw all conventional sense out the window. They follow their own sense. A stupid sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad