OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Watching this now on the reco of a (non-hockey fan) friend. anybody else? Crazy story - can’t believe I never heard of this before.

Watched it this weekend. Crazy as all out, and my hockey playing brothers said the same thing - How did we not know about this before?

Reactions: sooshii

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Watched Hereditary for the first time yesterday. Great horror flick. I love Toni Collette anyways, so it was even better with her in it.

Also cant wait for the new season of Curb in October. Cant wait to see what Larry does with all the bullsh*t going on this past year. lol

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Started watching the new season of AP Bio on Peacock. It's still pretty good, though the kids playing the high school students are clearly like 30 years old at this point.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We made it through the first 4 days of school without any major hiccups.

That streak ended today.

I feel as though I aged several years today.
I could sleep for months.

I assume it's only a matter of time for most school systems before they experience at least some kind of pandemic related issue. Hope it gets better for you tomorrow...

Finally got around to starting Titans on the recommendation of @LouJersey

So far I'm digging it, but I have to say I am disappointed Beast Boy doesn't talk like the cartoon character from Teen Titans Go. I think that would have been hilarious if they'd carried that over...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
241198696_10225613914830596_1487291177621672630_n.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Billions season opener was fun, loved the Yellowstone one too, almost finished the entire Bosch series, I think I read somewhere that there isn`t going to be a season 8 but rather some form of spinoff that will have essentially the same characters which is great, thought there would be no way I`d still be interested in a show after that many seasons but the acting and writing still so strong

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Billions season opener was fun, loved the Yellowstone one too, almost finished the entire Bosch series, I think I read somewhere that there isn`t going to be a season 8 but rather some form of spinoff that will have essentially the same characters which is great, thought there would be no way I`d still be interested in a show after that many seasons but the acting and writing still so strong

Just finishing up season 4 for Bosch and was already starting to feel sad that there were only 3 seasons left, lol. As you said, very well written indeed and Harry listens to Art Pepper/Miles Davis/John Coltrane which makes the the show a 12.375 out of 10 for me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just finishing up season 4 for Bosch and was already starting to feel sad that there were only 3 seasons left, lol. As you said, very well written indeed and Harry listens to Art Pepper/Miles Davis/John Coltrane which makes the the show a 12 out of 10 for me.
yeah just so good, while there are definitely some good ole` fashioned killings, I don`t find this show focused on being the loudest kid on the block.

Don`t see anything in the linked article about the spinoff I just found that mentions his partner J Edgar but fingers crossed, I love Crate and Barrell the two old dudes too, again, such a great show

No Season 8 of Bosch But A Spinoff is in its Making - The Teal Mango.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
yeah just so good, while there are definitely some good ole` fashioned killings, I don`t find this show focused on being the loudest kid on the block.

Don`t see anything in the linked article about the spinoff I just found that mentions his partner J Edgar but fingers crossed, I love Crate and Barrell the two old dudes too, again, such a great show

Fingers are definitely crossed but it is harder to type this way. There are many more characters that I like as well but with 3+ seasons left some, umm, might not make it. Thanks for the update and link!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

No spoilers, but the scene where Crate and Barrel finally screwed up so bad they got themselves benched may be my favorite scene in the show.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Damn, I blew through Mare of Easttown and White Lotus super quickly. Just totally going all in on HBO and now three episodes into Succession.

Still watching Superstore constantly. I freaking love that show.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Ummmm @Bogart
My 2 cats are named Felix and Oscar ...
I was joking. The reason I said OG is there may have been a short lived remake. As you know there were 2 Bob Newharts. The original one, a Chicago psychologist married to Suzanne Pleshette, was the better one.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hadn’t seen the show before but I watched the first two episodes of American Horror Story because it’s set in p-town this season and it seems like a pretty interesting and creepy show

Fun to see some recognizable cape cod scenery on tv too

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was joking. The reason I said OG is there may have been a short lived remake. As you know there were 2 Bob Newharts. The original one, a Chicago psychologist married to Suzanne Pleshette, was the better one.

Both shows were great, but I preferred the 2nd one.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I hadn’t seen the show before but I watched the first two episodes of American Horror Story because it’s set in p-town this season and it seems like a pretty interesting and creepy show

Fun to see some recognizable cape cod scenery on tv too

The earlier seasons were great. The recent ones have been mostly trash, although the 1984 one was enjoyable. I watched a few of this season's and stopped because it wasn't as good as some of the other seasons.

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Only Murders in the Building has been really good so far and I say that as someone that's not a fan of Selena Gomez. It's still good despite her being in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad