OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Tiger King season 2 is on Netflix.

Watched the 5 episodes already. It's still fascinating.
giphy.gif

Reactions: LSCII and lopey

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What kind of show is that

A very dark modern day western with Kevin Costner as the patriarch of a dysfunctional family who own a 120 year old cattle ranch in Montana and work it with their equally dysfunctional, sworn to loyalty bunkhouse full of ranch hands. Best show on TV, and one of the greatest TV characters ever in daughter Beth Dutton.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
What kind of show is that

Here's an alternate opinion:

Its a fictional story about a Montana Land Baron and his dysfunctional family, that is horribly written, with highly unbelievable plot twists.......and even though its set in Montana, all the cowboys speak with Texas accents.

I stuck with it through 4 seasons, but the plot just kept getting dumber and dumber so I gave up on it....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Here's an alternate opinion:

Its a fictional story about a Montana Land Baron and his dysfunctional family, that is horribly written, with highly unbelievable plot twists.......and even though its set in Montana, all the cowboys speak with Texas accents.

I stuck with it through 4 seasons, but the plot just kept getting dumber and dumber so I gave up on it....

I get that there's a certain level of cheese involved, but that makes it better to me. :laugh:

I just finished season one so maybe my view will change, but for now I am digging it.

Reactions: sarge88 and jgatie

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A very dark modern day western with Kevin Costner as the patriarch of a dysfunctional family who own a 120 year old cattle ranch in Montana and work it with their equally dysfunctional, sworn to loyalty bunkhouse full of ranch hands. Best show on TV, and one of the greatest TV characters ever in daughter Beth Dutton.

Beth is by far the best character on the show and the biggest reason for watching. She's so badass.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Beth is by far the best character on the show and the biggest reason for watching. She's so badass.

I agree - hut by season four I feel like the showrunners overdid her character in response to everyone loving it, will be curious to see if you feel the same

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's that time of the year when I watch an entire season of Cobra Kai in 2 sittings.

It's so addictive.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For those looking for a new show, definitely check out Station Eleven on HBO Max. It's got that slow burn set up feel that The Leftovers had, which I dig.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I agree - hut by season four I feel like the showrunners overdid her character in response to everyone loving it, will be curious to see if you feel the same
I still do after watching S4 finale. There's no end to her creativity with what she can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad